Forums for Strelnikov's blog taken down for ToS violation

Internet Fads, Fallacies, and GroupThink - and their influence on Wikipedia.
Information must be free, as is your hard work.
Salvidrim
Critic
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Salvidrim!
Actual Name: Ben Landry

Forums for Strelnikov's blog taken down for ToS violation

Unread post by Salvidrim » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:43 am

http://wikipediasucks.boards.net, the forums associated with Strelnikov's blog, currently reads "In accordance with Section 25(a) of the ProBoards Terms of Service, this forum has been taken offline."

ProBoards' Terms of Service say:
25. TERMINATION

(a) By ProBoards

WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, PROBOARDS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO, IN PROBOARDS' SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR ANY BREACH OR SUSPECTED BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION.

Bezdomni
Habitué
Wikipedia User: RosasHills

Re: Forums for Strelnikov's blog taken down for ToS violatio

Unread post by Bezdomni » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:11 am

A terrorist act of wiki-luv for Valentine's day, I gather.
los auberginos

The Joy
Habitué
Wikipedia Review Member: The Joy

Unread post by The Joy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:04 am

I've asked on the blog. I have no clue what happened.

Evidently, if you want to create a Wikipedia criticism forum, you have to own the site, the domain, and the server with the doggone thing being hosted in country apathetic to Wikipedians, lawyers, and the insane (but I repeat myself). I was on the Titanic, then the Britannic, and now apparently the Olympic has been scrapped.

Tl;Dr: :noooo:
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Is it your thesis that my avatar in this MMPONWMG was mugged?" -Moulton

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:10 am

The Joy wrote:I've asked on the blog. I have no clue what happened.

Evidently, if you want to create a Wikipedia criticism forum, you have to own the site, the domain, and the server with the doggone thing being hosted in country apathetic to Wikipedians, lawyers, and the insane (but I repeat myself). I was on the Titanic, then the Britannic, and now apparently the Olympic has been scrapped.

I'm not a faithful reader, but at worst I'd characterize that forum as 'grumpy, with a slight chance of defamation.'
Hmmm. Greg? Did your crack team of briefcase-wielding ninja lawyers file something?

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Salvidrim
Critic
Wikipedia User: Salvidrim!
Actual Name: Ben Landry

Unread post by Salvidrim » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:12 am

My first (baseless) guess is that it might have been a trademark infringement suit from WMF over the use of the word Wikipedia

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:38 am

Zoloft wrote:I'm not a faithful reader, but at worst I'd characterize that forum as 'grumpy, with a slight chance of defamation.'
Hmmm. Greg? Did your crack team of briefcase-wielding ninja lawyers file something?
Oh, there was plenty of defamation... libelous content, to be specific.

My counsel advises me to say nothing more, except for: "OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL".
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:40 am

Welcome back, The Joy -- third post here in about six months. It's good to see you.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:57 am

thekohser wrote:

Welcome back, The Joy -- third post here in about six months. It's good to see you.
Thank you. I had thought I wasn't welcomed here anymore.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

Textnyymi
Gregarious
Wikipedia Review Member: Text
Actual Name: Anonyymi

Unread post by Textnyymi » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:56 pm

One more forum down, and one more pops up! :banana:

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:10 pm

I don't think it can be an issue over use of the name "Wikipedia". After all, there are still http://wikipediareview.com/ and http://wikipediareview.proboards.com/.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Rogol Domedonfors
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Rogol Domedonfors

Unread post by Rogol Domedonfors » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:25 pm

I cannot say that I am very sorry to see it disappear. I decided not to continue participating after quite a short time, when two other contributors decided to start disrupting every thread I posted in by following my postings with hostile or grossly offensive replies. Quite a lot of the traffic appeared to come from a contributor claiming to be or represent an Indian group with a very definite line of Indian politics, with postings that did not always seem to be relevant to Wikipedia. I do not know what happened after I ceased to participate, though.

Kingsindian
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Kingsindian

Unread post by Kingsindian » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:23 am

I used to visit the forum sometimes and am sorry to see it go.

I would not be surprised if the underlying issue was some sort of defamation. This is the first time I've heard of rule 25a. The language is blunt and indicates that ProBoards can do whatever they want; the board participants have no recourse. I looked at some ProBoards support forums and this understanding is basically correct. I am not sure if the content can be recovered somehow.

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:36 am

I wonder what might have happened...
Run your mouth at me some more, Eric.

No, I'm not back but I had to stick the fork in.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:23 am

ProBoards has a forum support page that instructs:
Posts that purposely belittle other members, causes or organizations will not be tolerated.
If you cannot be civil when replying, then do not reply.
Treat everyone with respect, even if you do not agree with their opinion or decisions.
I'd estimate that about 30% of the Wikipedia Sucks forum posts violated at least one of those three guidelines.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:31 am

Rogol Domedonfors wrote:I cannot say that I am very sorry to see it disappear. I decided not to continue participating after quite a short time, when two other contributors decided to start disrupting every thread I posted in by following my postings with hostile or grossly offensive replies. Quite a lot of the traffic appeared to come from a contributor claiming to be or represent an Indian group with a very definite line of Indian politics, with postings that did not always seem to be relevant to Wikipedia. I do not know what happened after I ceased to participate, though.
Well, Auggie is already calling you a "classless, basement-dwelling wiki-douche", Rogol, so it looks like his ProBoards days may be numbered, too.

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:08 am

I'm glad to see Vigilant (even if only to take a victory lap) and The Joy here again.

I've received email asking if I know what happened, or even took action against the forum.

I was surprised to see it shuttered, and had nothing to do with whatever action was taken.

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Rogol Domedonfors
Habitué

Unread post by Rogol Domedonfors » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:05 am

thekohser wrote:
Rogol Domedonfors wrote:I cannot say that I am very sorry to see it disappear. I decided not to continue participating after quite a short time, when two other contributors decided to start disrupting every thread I posted in by following my postings with hostile or grossly offensive replies. Quite a lot of the traffic appeared to come from a contributor claiming to be or represent an Indian group with a very definite line of Indian politics, with postings that did not always seem to be relevant to Wikipedia. I do not know what happened after I ceased to participate, though.
Well, Auggie is already calling you a "classless, basement-dwelling wiki-douche", Rogol, so it looks like his ProBoards days may be numbered, too.
I am also suspected of having had the forum shut down. For the record that is not true either.

Bezdomni
Habitué

Unread post by Bezdomni » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:36 am

Rogol Domedonfors wrote:
thekohser wrote:
I am also suspected of having had the forum shut down. For the record that is not true either.
What I notice to be true, Rogol, is that you have become the #1 non-admin poster on the new island. That seems very strange given what you say above. Are you a radioactive smurf, Rogol? or is that not true either?

http://www.creoliste.fr/ling/index.php/ ... he_islands
los auberginos

Rogol Domedonfors
Habitué

Unread post by Rogol Domedonfors » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:11 am

I think it's something to do with having come to terms with some people who now, I think, accept that I did not have anything to do with bringing down their old site.

I don't understand the radioactive smurf bit but I'm sure it's very witty.

Earthy Astringent
Banned

Unread post by Earthy Astringent » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:31 am

Was that Eric Barbour's site? It was mostly gripey blog entries, no?

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:27 am

Earthy Astringent wrote:Was that Eric Barbour's site? It was mostly gripey blog entries, no?
I think that Eric was a leader/manager of the site, but not its founder. There were blog posts, but I suspect that it was the content of the message board forum that prompted their site's closure. Lots of defamatory speculation and falsehoods about real-named people issued forth from pseudonymous users. I would imagine that ProBoards didn't want to be on the receiving end of a lawsuit from a disgruntled target who was unable to find a responsive real-named owner of the site to prosecute against.

I see now that one guy has offered "$25" to help with hosting costs if a new site were constructed, so maybe they are well on their way toward building a vibrant new discussion community?

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:14 pm

thekohser wrote:
Earthy Astringent wrote:Was that Eric Barbour's site? It was mostly gripey blog entries, no?
I think that Eric was a leader/manager of the site, but not its founder. There were blog posts, but I suspect that it was the content of the message board forum that prompted their site's closure. Lots of defamatory speculation and falsehoods about real-named people issued forth from pseudonymous users. I would imagine that ProBoards didn't want to be on the receiving end of a lawsuit from a disgruntled target who was unable to find a responsive real-named owner of the site to prosecute against.

I see now that one guy has offered "$25" to help with hosting costs if a new site were constructed, so maybe they are well on their way toward building a vibrant new discussion community?
My free advice to Strelnikov is to spend his money on Fatcow.com services. It's practically turnkey and their chatline techs are quick and skilled. He could have a secure forum up in three hours. Our set-up handles a greater load pretty well, but has a more complex structure.

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:18 pm

Vigilant wrote:I wonder what might have happened...
Run your mouth at me some more, Eric.

No, I'm not back but I had to stick the fork in.
You still owe me five bucks!

(Come back, Vig.)

RfB
“I tell ya, it's a bit rich to see Silver seren post about the bad offsite people considering how prolific he was (is?) at WR.” —Mason, WPO, April 12, 2012

Moral Hazard
Super Genius
Wikipedia User: Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Nom de plume: Kiefer Wolfowitz

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Vigilant wrote:....
Thanks for stopping by
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”
Neal Stephenson (T-H-L) Cryptonomicon

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:23 am

Zoloft wrote:
thekohser wrote:

My free advice to Strelnikov is to spend his money on Fatcow.com services. It's practically turnkey and their chatline techs are quick and skilled. He could have a secure forum up in three hours. Our set-up handles a greater load pretty well, but has a more complex structure.
The hope is to keep the current WR Proboards alive long enough for a new forum to surface. I've been made a mod and am working to keep the peace there. Auggie, Flip, and I have been researching ProBoards and their actions against other similar forums... and it's not good. ProBoards is very much a "no drama" and "no even slight possibility of legal talking" institution. Even if no one complains, a ProBoards administrator visiting a forum can determine it already violates the ToS for disrespectful behavior and delete the forum. Mutineer never even received a warning from ProBoards. It just shut down.

Personally, I am looking at starting a blog about Wikipedia and get away from the drama of forums (no offense). I don't plan my site to go deep into personalities like Selina's WR or Wikipedia Sucks did, but I don't want to start a blog and spend so much time and energy on it only for it all to go away because of a call/e-mail to the site host that I'm a "meanie." I already lost a lot due to WR's and now WS's demise.

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:27 am

The Joy wrote:
Zoloft wrote:
thekohser wrote:

The hope is to keep the current WR Proboards alive long enough for a new forum to surface. I've been made a mod and am working to keep the peace there. Auggie, Flip, and I have been researching ProBoards and their actions against other similar forums... and it's not good. ProBoards is very much a "no drama" and "no even slight possibility of legal talking" institution. Even if no one complains, a ProBoards administrator visiting a forum can determine it already violates the ToS for disrespectful behavior and delete the forum. Mutineer never even received a warning from ProBoards. It just shut down.

Personally, I am looking at starting a blog about Wikipedia and get away from the drama of forums (no offense). I don't plan my site to go deep into personalities like Selina's WR or Wikipedia Sucks did, but I don't want to start a blog and spend so much time and energy on it only for it all to go away because of a call/e-mail to the site host that I'm a "meanie." I already lost a lot due to WR's and now WS's demise.
Get your own site, set up WordPress securely (there are nice articles on how to do that), set it to autoupdate, and go to town. We'll link you to give you some SEO love and a few thousand pageviews. You can always run a few guest blog posts here and then move them over when you get it set up.

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:46 am

We are talking about WordPress.org (the software) and not WordPress.com (the blogging platform), right?

I have a Bluehost account and I've looked at Dreamhost. Both are WordPress friendly. Any recommendations?

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:02 am

The Joy wrote:We are talking about WordPress.org (the software) and not WordPress.com (the blogging platform), right?

I have a Bluehost account and I've looked at Dreamhost. Both are WordPress friendly. Any recommendations?
Correct, the software. Bluehost is fine, we use it here. They are doing a great job, have improved their throughput and such.

Do you have a dedicated IP and a security certificate?

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:43 am

Zoloft wrote:
The Joy wrote:We are talking about WordPress.org (the software) and not WordPress.com (the blogging platform), right?

Correct, the software. Bluehost is fine, we use it here. They are doing a great job, have improved their throughput and such.

Do you have a dedicated IP and a security certificate?
I did not buy the Dedicated IP option (though I have a stable IP) nor a SSL certificate. It was a student project website I made years ago with basic HTML and CSS. Strangely, I thought I had bought the SSL at the time.

Edit: I also have "(shared)" next to my domain name, and I can't remember why that is there.

Rogol Domedonfors
Habitué

Unread post by Rogol Domedonfors » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:18 am

I know little of this Internet of which you speak, earthling, but are there backup sites that one could use to preserve content in case of a forum being taken down without notice? I mean simply as an archive, not an active mirror.

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:29 am

There are ways to do so, but the technical aspects are beyond me.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/archive-an ... orum/13433

Dennis Brown
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Dennis Brown
Actual Name: Dennis Brown

Unread post by Dennis Brown » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:31 am

Just reading the first post on the blog, they manage to brutally get it wrong when it comes to Flyer22's past. Granted, most people don't know the details (and some can't be revealed for privacy's sake) but anyone that bothered to read the history would know that there are privacy gaps. I was involved as an admin so I know first hand; just typical stuff, nothing that unusual. Not giving any opinion on her, just saying his history is wildly inaccurate and misses key pieces. I guess he doesn't like to read since the histories would show this if you read them.

Then again, I see a lot of wildly inaccurate stuff here in this forum from time to time but that is expected in a forum, but not on the front page of a blog. Whoever he is (and honestly, I don't care), he appears to lack the willingness to actually dig deep and comprehend the nuances of the situation. His writing style is typical for a rant blog: pedantic and trying to push a narrative rather than objectively provide information.

I want my 5 minutes back.
“I'd far rather be happy than right any day.” - Douglas Adams
"My patience is formidable.... But it is not infinite." - Scorpius (Farscape)

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:33 am

The Joy wrote:I've been made a mod and am working to keep the peace there.
Do you think your team would like my help? I think I could lend a hand as a moderator.

Bezdomni
Habitué

Unread post by Bezdomni » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:03 pm

Dennis Brown wrote:I want my 5 minutes back.
Tell me about it. ^^
los auberginos

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:32 am

thekohser wrote:
The Joy wrote:I've been made a mod and am working to keep the peace there.
Do you think your team would like my help? I think I could lend a hand as a moderator.

Rogol Domedonfors
Habitué

Unread post by Rogol Domedonfors » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:13 pm

Two new fora have been spun out of the temporary home at wikipediareview.proboards.com, namely wikipediasucks.co and wikirev.org. Apparently overlap between the membership of this forum and the other three is deprecated.

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Rogol Domedonfors wrote:...namely wikipediasucks.co and wikirev.org.
The former address is registered to "Dildomail", so that inspires a lot of trust.

Rogol Domedonfors
Habitué

Unread post by Rogol Domedonfors » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:19 pm

I don't know how the move to having three succssor forums to WS will play out, but there were not many active contributors there while I was a member. So my guess is that the fragmentation will lead to all of them falling below critical mass (see what I did there). I suggest that a reason for the ineffectivess of WS before its demise was an insistence on ideological purity, around the "hasten the day" or revolutionist banner, coupled with a tendency to view ideological and anlytical differences through the lens of the personal or tribal, a disdain for analysis per se, and a touching belief that exposing or expoundint the ideologically correct line was by itself enought to bring amount an effect. The tribal element was largely expressed by defining themselves as the opposite of, and better than, this site, in which some members demonstrated a surprising amount of interest. It seemed that being both a contributor to both their forum and this one, and a newcomer to boot, places one in such a lowly position that almost any amount of abuse was tolerated, even encouraged, by the management. Intolerance of new and diverse opinions is enough to doom all the successor sites.

However there is a message for any critical forum, this one included. There should be an emphasis on insightful analysis of Wikipedia and the Foundation, on gathering reliable evidence, on constructive discussion, on creative suggestions, and on taking effective action. I am sure that is the standard all true critics would wish to live up to.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:05 pm

Rogol Domedonfors wrote:I suggest that a reason for the ineffectiveness of WS before its demise was an insistence on ideological purity, around the "hasten the day" or revolutionist banner, coupled with a tendency to view ideological and analytical differences through the lens of the personal or tribal, a disdain for analysis per se, and a touching belief that exposing or expounding the ideologically correct line was by itself enough to bring [about] an effect. The tribal element was largely expressed by defining themselves as the opposite of, and better than, this site, in which some members demonstrated a surprising amount of interest. It seemed that being both a contributor to both their forum and this one, and a newcomer to boot, places one in such a lowly position that almost any amount of abuse was tolerated, even encouraged, by the management. Intolerance of new and diverse opinions is enough to doom all the successor sites.
Wikipedia Sucks was truly a worthy successor to Wikipedia Review — defining "worthy" in the loosest and most ironic way possible.

Excellent analysis, R.D.

—tedious tim
Last edited by Randy from Boise on Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I tell ya, it's a bit rich to see Silver seren post about the bad offsite people considering how prolific he was (is?) at WR.” —Mason, WPO, April 12, 2012

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:11 pm

thekohser wrote:
Rogol Domedonfors wrote:...namely wikipediasucks.co and wikirev.org.
The former address is registered to "Dildomail", so that inspires a lot of trust.
Dildomail.com is a domain owned by ED sysop Hipcrime/Badmachine (T-C-L). He's a friend of Eric's.

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:04 am

It's been a strange and bewildering journey... :blink:

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Rogol Domedonfors wrote:I was a member. So my guess is that the fragmentation will lead to all of them falling below critical mass (see what I did there). I suggest that a reason for the ineffectivess of WS before its demise was an insistence on ideological purity, around the "hasten the day" or revolutionist banner
I know that I was regarded by some in the WS crowd as a Wikipedia true believer.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:53 pm

Rogol Domedonfors wrote:I suggest that a reason for the ineffectivess of WS before its demise was an insistence on ideological purity, around the "hasten the day" or revolutionist banner, coupled with a tendency to view ideological and anlytical differences through the lens of the personal or tribal, a disdain for analysis per se, and a touching belief that exposing or expoundint the ideologically correct line was by itself enought to bring amount an effect. The tribal element was largely expressed by defining themselves as the opposite of, and better than, this site, in which some members demonstrated a surprising amount of interest.
The more active posters there did seem to hold a somewhat common belief that the people (on Wikipedia, if not on this site) are the problem in and of themselves, rather than the inevitable byproduct of a system that (by design or otherwise) attracts and rewards bullies, hypocrites, narcissists, pseudo-intellectual buffoons, self-promoters, and even what some people might refer to as "moral degenerates."

That doesn't make them (the WS folks, that is) bad people, and it wasn't really such a bad website if we're able to put aside the fact that much of their ire was directed at us. But whether or not it's justified in any given case, that sort of "people are the problem" approach usually works better for folks who might be deemed more emotional and combative, and perhaps less inclined to see a "colder" clinical/analytical tone as an ideal.

Even that's not necessarily bad, though... I guess what I'm saying is that the disdain for analysis was probably less of a conscious ideological decision and more of a natural development based on the people they appealed to, and that it could still be as good an approach as any if you own your own servers and can avoid being sued or DMCA'd out of existence.

Rogol Domedonfors
Habitué

Unread post by Rogol Domedonfors » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:05 pm

There seems to be some odd things going on with copyright claims on other forums. Some of the WS threads have been recovered by HRA1924 (who they?) with a bizarre claim that they have some kind of licence from Proboards to publish them, having previously made even more bizarre claims that this gave them the copyright in the recovered material – which it certainly did not. On the successor site, the forum owner is claiming that "any content posted here will be assumed to be the property of the Wikipedia Sucks forum administrators, unless other arrangements have been made".

What is all this about?
“All through my life I've had this strange unaccountable feeling that something was going on in the world, something big, even sinister, and no one would tell me what it was."
"No," said the old man, "that's just perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the Universe has that.”

thekohser
Majordomo

Unread post by thekohser » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:18 pm

Rogol Domedonfors wrote:...recovered by HRA1924 (who they?)...
Most likely this lunatic.

Rogol Domedonfors
Habitué

Unread post by Rogol Domedonfors » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:15 pm

The style of pseudo-legalese is certainly the same.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:34 pm

No doubt this is the same person too. He is permanently blocked on WP for making legal threats and for being a sock of Duffycharles (T-C-L). There is also a user on here with that name.

Zoloft
Trustee

Unread post by Zoloft » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:43 am

Poetlister wrote:No doubt this is the same person too. He is permanently blocked on WP for making legal threats and for being a sock of Duffycharles (T-C-L). There is also a user on here with that name.
Who is also banned.

• Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:44 am

I tried creating another website with my Bluehost account, but it wants to keep directing to my old website listed as my Primary account. Do I have to have different Bluehost accounts? I want my two sites to be separate.

Edit: It seems to be that I have the Starter package and can only have one website attached. I'll have to upgrade or go elsewhere, I guess.

Edit 2: Wait a minute, I have the "Plus" account with unlimited websites. What gives?

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:21 am

Well, I screwed it all up. Now it won't go to the domain I want and instead has a domain.olddomain.com. How can I make Bluehost to recognize the domain I want and not use the old Primary domain at all? This makes no sense. Now I have a website at a bizarre domain name.

Edit: Tried to redirect the domain and it works, but it just takes me to some generic Bluehost menu. I screwed it all up royally.