Elon buys Twitter for $44 billion

Internet Fads, Fallacies, and GroupThink - and their influence on Wikipedia.
Information must be free, as is your hard work.
rhindle
Habitué
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Kafkaesque
Wikipedia Review Member: rhindle

Re: Elon buys Twitter for $44 billion

Unread post by rhindle » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:24 am

This is a good explanation. link
Imagine being employed, just doing your job, and then a red-pilled megabillionaire creep buys your company, fires you, and brings in Matt Taibbi and Bari Weiss as hired guns to hunt through your work documents for ways to smear you and incite the far-right call for your execution
There really isn’t any good within-the-system way to deal with this, it’s bad-faith authoritarian goons who feel empowered to attack and harm you however they want - not even because of who you are or what you did, just because of what you represent in their fevered fantasy
The new rule on Twitter is totally lawless, brainless persecution of anyone the boss doesn’t like, up to and including employees of the company itself, up to and including threats to their lives and safety, carried out by the boss’s designated toadies, to his open delight

Ming
the Merciless

Unread post by Ming » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:19 am

MrErnie wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:46 pm
Trust in the MSM remains at very close to record lows. Most of Wikipedia's "current thing" articles almost exclusively use MSM as sources.
It remains at record lows because right wingers only trust a somewhat limited set of right wing mouthpieces. Take a look at this analysis, which looks at individual sources. Normal people trust the evening news; far lefties never trusted anyone anyway.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:10 am

Ognistysztorm wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:16 am
Let them be. Tell them that treasure troves await at Wikipediocracy and Wikipediasucks. Ron Merkle is a potential symbol in defiance of Wikipedia after all these years of corruptions and abuses.
I suppose there's little we can do to influence these events one way or the other, but we just about burned our bridges with the alt-right folks on Twitter when we ***allegedly*** doxxed a #Gamergate account on our blog back in 2014. Obviously that was a long time ago, so maybe they've forgotten about it, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they haven't. (Especially now that I've just reminded them.)

orangepi
Gregarious
Wikipedia User:

Unread post by orangepi » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:31 am

On the one hand, this has been a nothing-burger so far. Not every Substack post (or Twitter thread) is notable; in fact almost none of them are. Do we have an article on Eric Garland "It's Time for Some Game Theory"?

On the other hand ... this probably will be notable in a month. And Soibangla is still at the top of my list of "long-term editors who do partisan political pushing more than an honest effort to promote a neutral view".

On the other other hand ... if Taibbi or someone really wanted to have fun, they could check the ARBCOM archives. Although I think my Jedi mind-tricks will have prevented that ...

Ognistysztorm
Critic
Actual Name: Ogden (they/them)

Unread post by Ognistysztorm » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:47 am

Midsize Jake wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:10 am
Ognistysztorm wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:16 am
Let them be. Tell them that treasure troves await at Wikipediocracy and Wikipediasucks. Ron Merkle is a potential symbol in defiance of Wikipedia after all these years of corruptions and abuses.
I suppose there's little we can do to influence these events one way or the other, but we just about burned our bridges with the alt-right folks on Twitter when we ***allegedly*** doxxed a #Gamergate account on our blog back in 2014. Obviously that was a long time ago, so maybe they've forgotten about it, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they haven't. (Especially now that I've just reminded them.)
Anonymous on one side and then Muskies/Gamergaters on another side, gangbanging Wikipedia up together. Sweet.

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:14 am

Either way this AfD comes out, a sizeable number of pedantic dipshits are going to be enraged.

:popcorn:
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Argento Surfer
Contributor

Unread post by Argento Surfer » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:40 pm

Ming wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:19 am
MrErnie wrote:
Trust in the MSM remains at very close to record lows. Most of Wikipedia's "current thing" articles almost exclusively use MSM as sources.
It remains at record lows because right wingers only trust a somewhat limited set of right wing mouthpieces. Take a look at this analysis, which looks at individual sources. Normal people trust the evening news; far lefties never trusted anyone anyway.
I won't speak for all right wingers, but I've always noticed a difference in the way ideas are discussed/presented on NPR.

Example 1:
I remember an interview they did in 2016 with a Trump-supporting man who speculated about a biological predisposition for a trait like spacial reasoning. He cited a report (not this one, but like it) that confirmed skeletal differences between white and black men that explained why the top athletes in a foot race tend to be black (an African 6' man has longer legs than a European 6' man), and the top athletes in swimming tend to be white (shorter legs = lower center of gravity = better horizontal balance). The NPR interviewer asked him flat out "and you don't think that's racist?" The man said something to the effect of "if it's real, then it's biology. I'm not saying it makes anyone better than anyone else." The interviewer was obviously disgusted.

Example 2:
Recently, NPR ran a piece about the runoff election in Georgia. Interviewees said that Republicans were patting themselves on the back because a race between two black men proved they weren't really racist, but Walker wasn't really black, that he was just a stereotype of what the Republicans thought a black man should be. Also, that Christianity as preached in white American churches was inherently a white supremist institution. None of these opinions were challenged by the interviewer.

These are cherry picked from my memory of course. Maybe there are counter examples I've forgotten, or maybe these are just two outliers in a stream of perfectly trustworthy coverage. YMMV.

I do have a third example however, and it's the one that really made me start doubting news coverage.

Example 3:
Several years ago, NPR ran a short piece on Miles Morales (T-H-L), the black Spider-Man. Comic books happen to be a hobby of mine, so I was familiar with the character. I regret that I can't find a transcript, but NPR's coverage was horribly inaccurate. The final line told listeners to look for Miles "the next time they pick up an issue of Marvel Comics. For those unaware, Marvel is the publisher, not the name of a book. If NPR can't get the details right on a puff piece like this, and I only know that because I was already familiar with the subject, how can I trust them for accuracy on a topic I'm unfamiliar with?
"I am hard pressed on every side, but I am not crushed" - 2 Cor 4:8

Ritchie333
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Ritchie333

Unread post by Ritchie333 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:20 pm

Sandstein (T-C-L) has closed the AfD as "snow keep". That's a .... brave decision for sure. I've politely suggested he might want to reconsider, but I can see an angry mob beating a path to his door before too long.

ArmasRebane
Habitué

Unread post by ArmasRebane » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:28 pm

Ritchie333 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:20 pm
Sandstein (T-C-L) has closed the AfD as "snow keep". That's a .... brave decision for sure. I've politely suggested he might want to reconsider, but I can see an angry mob beating a path to his door before too long.
I can see his reasoning, but closing it as "keep" versus "no consensus" when you admit it's impossible to determine consensus is certainly a choice.

(Moreover, it's blatantly easy to see which editors were canvassed and weight their arguments or lack thereof appropriately. That's one of the more low-effort closes I've seen in a while. The IPs and new editors are of course expected, but it's also interesting how many "Haven't edited in weeks/months/etc but have chimed in on this" formerly defunct accounts also showed up.)

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:26 pm

Do You CUCKS have some kind of BDSM Kink

Elon musk just HUMILIATED you in front of the whole world. Yet, here you are, oblivously digging even deeper! The only nothingburger is what you'll be raising in your next Televangelism Style Fundraiser! haha 2600:1702:2350:20F0:9C5A:901D:149A:4D05 (talk) 16:20, 7 December 2022 (UTC)
Muskrat love...
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

DanMurphy
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Dan Murphy
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy

Unread post by DanMurphy » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:29 pm

Sandstein has always been an idiot.

The very notion that two unedited and unreviewed stream of consciousness whatevers published on substack and twitter at the direction of twitter's new owner should have their own entry in a so-called encyclopedia is beyond absurd - whatever the content might be.

Put another way, think of the Watergate scandal and Nixon, but with individual entries for all of the contemporaneous articles Woodward and Bernstein wrote (many of which had errors.) After all, those stories had actual real world impact that continue to echo in American political life today. And even that would be absurd.

But this is Wikipedia, after all. No place for judgement and discretion.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:30 pm

Article history
cur prev 03:24, 7 December 2022‎ Sdrqaz talk contribs‎ m 13,627 bytes +22‎ {{pp-semi|small=yes}}
That's gonna piss off the Muskrats.

:popcorn:

orangepi
Gregarious
Wikipedia User:

Unread post by orangepi » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:35 pm

Ritchie333 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:20 pm
He's correct that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell of any outcome other than "no action defaulting to keep". And the "angry mob" can't actually do anything, so I doubt he cares about that.

This isn't the first time that a "news of the day story" gets SNOW kept because the sheer volume of shouting (and the "any news story published in two newspapers is notable" crowd) makes it impossible to have a real discussion.

The Garbage Scow
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Master

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:56 pm

Muskmelon is a clown. Nothing more need be said about him.

ArmasRebane
Habitué

Unread post by ArmasRebane » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:40 pm

DanMurphy wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:29 pm
Sandstein has always been an idiot.

The very notion that two unedited and unreviewed stream of consciousness whatevers published on substack and twitter at the direction of twitter's new owner should have their own entry in a so-called encyclopedia is beyond absurd - whatever the content might be.

Put another way, think of the Watergate scandal and Nixon, but with individual entries for all of the contemporaneous articles Woodward and Bernstein wrote (many of which had errors.) After all, those stories had actual real world impact that continue to echo in American political life today. And even that would be absurd.

But this is Wikipedia, after all. No place for judgement and discretion.
If Watergate happened today, they absolutely would have people trying to create articles about that stuff (or, they would be spun off after breathless detail and day-by-day reciting of things that happened got too unmanageably long, and current events people love never editing or refactoring things.)

NOTNEWS practically has no teeth on Wikipedia, because there's always going to be some people who say "this got three newspapers talking about it on Dec 2, 2022, it is forever notable now". If it were actually enforced (along with BLP1E) a good majority of Wikipedia's problems would disappear immediately.

The Garbage Scow
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Master

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:10 pm

ArmasRebane wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:40 pm
NOTNEWS practically has no teeth on Wikipedia, because there's always going to be some people who say "this got three newspapers talking about it on Dec 2, 2022, it is forever notable now".
And they'll quote WP:NOTTEMPORARY. Which more or less conflicts with WP:SUSTAINED, which is directly below it in the notability guideline. But in the true sense of "written by committee", each side of the deletionist/inclusionist argument gets to link to a guideline.

MrErnie
Habitué

Unread post by MrErnie » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:10 am

orangepi wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:31 am
On the one hand, this has been a nothing-burger so far. Not every Substack post (or Twitter thread) is notable; in fact almost none of them are. Do we have an article on Eric Garland "It's Time for Some Game Theory"?

On the other hand ... this probably will be notable in a month. And Soibangla is still at the top of my list of "long-term editors who do partisan political pushing more than an honest effort to promote a neutral view".

On the other other hand ... if Taibbi or someone really wanted to have fun, they could check the ARBCOM archives. Although I think my Jedi mind-tricks will have prevented that ...
Soib’s opened another banger of a discussion. The Twitter files are not encyclopedic but Trump’s reaction to their release is? The framing of the text is interesting.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:55 am

Roger Stone is back, baby!

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:56 am

Three members of Twitter's Trust & Safety advisory council have resigned.

Slate: A Member of Twitter’s Trust and Safety Council Explains Why She Got Fed Up and Quit

One of the people who quit today happens to be named Lesley Podesta. People familiar with QAnon will know that John Podesta (T-H-L) eats babies and has sex with children. So, expect only the most rational reactions to this news on Twitter.

Ming
the Merciless

Unread post by Ming » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:39 am

Argento Surfer wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:40 pm
Ming wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:19 am
MrErnie wrote:
I won't speak for all right wingers, but I've always noticed a difference in the way ideas are discussed/presented on NPR.
There's three different things going on here.

First, no daily news service of any kind, except maybe AP (and Ming doubts they do either), has the depth of staff knowledge to report accurately on any specialized subject. you may be lucky and the Daily Planet has someone on staff who happens to be up on comics, but it's not likely and that sort of assignment often is handed out to the lowest person on the totem pole. When breaking news is involved the time crunch makes all of this worse. Conversely, the one thing they all do have a grasp on is routine politics, so the temptation to use this as a framework about everything is great. This is a general reliability problem which cannot be gotten rid of entirely and which in the current state of the business isn't going to get better soon, but since it applies across the board it just means that for specific things one needs to go to those that specialize in them.

Second, a lot of what you see is as much social class prejudice as it is anything else. This is particularly obvious with NPR and some of the major dailies, and most especially the NYT. It's chattering class people talking to what they perceive as an audience of other chattering class members (and "important" people), so the tendency to assume a certain class consciousness. It's just as strong on the conservative side: Fox for example evinces a strong bourgeois (in the Marxist sense)
attitude. Again, this is normal and just has to be lived with.

It's the third point that is something of a novelty. Explicit positioning of the various policy journals (National Review vs. The Nation, for example) is age-old and nobody has a problem with this beyond ridiculing the opposition. Also back in the day one expected the Chicago Tribune to espouse a pretty conservative perspective on things, but tightening standards tended to make things converge, at least off the opinion pages. What arose in the 1980s were news organizations explicitly set up to present a conservative news perspective. This commitment in practice put the Washington Times in a bad spot from the start because the Post was never as badly biased as the right claimed; therefore the Times mission became to defend conservatives, whereas the Post was not particularly kind to politicians as a group. The parade of Reagan-era problem people didn't help things, since they needed to be raked over the coals.

Fast-forward several administrations and we get to obviously fake stories like Obama's birthplace, in which we saw these right wing organs keeping the story going even though it was known to be false from the beginning. And the number of these outlets continued to grow, increasingly without the pretense of imitating MSM values and presentation. There are some liberal counterparts, of course, but one can also see some of the more centrist and even moderate conservative journals being pushed to the "left" as the RINO accusations ramped up. Yeah, MSM are "biased", but it's not the same.

rhindle
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Kafkaesque
Wikipedia Review Member: rhindle

Unread post by rhindle » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:06 pm

Jimbo says this Vice article has one of the best explanations about how wikipedia works.
Last week, Musk released the "Twitter Files." Someone then wrote a very short, half-assed Wikipedia article called "The Twitter Files.

That tracks.

casualdejekyll
Muted
Wikipedia User: casualdejekyll

Unread post by casualdejekyll » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:42 pm

rhindle wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:06 pm
Jimbo says this Vice article has one of the best explanations about how wikipedia works.
Last week, Musk released the "Twitter Files." Someone then wrote a very short, half-assed Wikipedia article called "The Twitter Files.

That tracks.
Hmm, I wonder if someone will try to use that to add Sandstein to the list of Wikipedia editors with questionable BLPs.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:13 pm

Elmo gets booed, hard.

Elon Musk Gets Viciously Booed by Stadium Crowd at Dave Chappelle Show

"Why won't they love me?!"

Argento Surfer
Contributor

Unread post by Argento Surfer » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:38 pm

Ming wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:39 am
you may be lucky and the Daily Planet has someone on staff who happens to be up on comics, but it's not likely and that sort of assignment often is handed out to the lowest person on the totem pole.
Well, yeah, but I'm reminded of the old adage that if you're given a small job and do it poorly because you knew it was small, no one will trust you with a bigger job. Identifying the name of a magazine when you're reporting on content from that magazine should be basic.
Ming wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:39 am
What arose in the 1980s were news organizations explicitly set up to present a conservative news perspective.
We're on the same page about this being a problem, and the cause of many other problems.
"I am hard pressed on every side, but I am not crushed" - 2 Cor 4:8

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:58 pm

Twitter limited the visibility of an account that follows Musk's jet, then backtracked after news reports.

Ella Irwin is VP of trust and safety at Twitter.

redbaron
Critic

Unread post by redbaron » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:48 am

Vigilant wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:13 pm
Elmo gets booed, hard.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:14 am

Twitter dissolves Trust and Safety Council

Meanwhile, a former top Twitter official fled his home amid attacks following Musk tweets
In less than two months, Musk has undone years of investments in trust and safety at Twitter — dismissing key parts of the workforce and bringing back accounts that previously had been suspended. As the body unravels, Musk is tightening his grip on decisions about the future of content moderation at Twitter, with less input from outside experts.

The move is just throwing away “years of institutional memory that we on the council have brought” to the company, said one council member who spoke on the condition of anonymity due to concerns about harassment on the platform. “Getting external experts and advocates looking at your services makes you smarter.”
I guess that's what happens when you boo one of these billionaire dudes at a Dave Chappelle gig.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:46 am

And they are apparently okay with death threats aimed at their former head of T&S.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:28 pm

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:42 am

Twitter banned the @ElonJet account tracking Musk’s flights, reinstated it, then banned it again

Free speech advocate Musk says, "Any account doxxing real-time location info of anyone will be suspended, as it is a physical safety violation. This includes posting links to sites with real-time location info.

Posting locations someone traveled to on a slightly delayed basis isn’t a safety problem, so is ok."

What an asshole.

orangepi
Gregarious
Wikipedia User:

Unread post by orangepi » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:41 am

But wait, there's more. From The Verge (link) (and ... everywhere else):
Twitter has suspended the accounts of several prominent reporters who cover Elon Musk, including Ryan Mac of The New York Times, CNN’s Donie O’Sullivan, The Washington Post’s Drew Harwell, The Intercept’s Micha Lee, Mashable’s Matt Binder, Aaron Rupar, and Tony Webster.
Presumably the CheckUser data shows that all these journalists are all the same middle-aged man living on Long Island.

LordBstard
Contributor
Wikipedia User: Lord Alan B'stard

Unread post by LordBstard » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:58 am

Vigilant wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:28 pm
Elon's Twitter Enters the Red Zone
Let's leave this deadbeat alone for Heaven's sake.

iii
Habitué
Wikipedia User: ජපස
Wikipedia Review Member: iii

Unread post by iii » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:39 am

Elon Musk’s Twitter bans CNN, NYT, WaPo journalists without explanation

All this over @ElonJet. Will the Streisand Effect kick in?
CNN would you believe it wrote:As the furor over the account suspensions unfolded, some Twitter users reported the platform had begun intervening when they attempted to post links to their own profiles on alternative social networks, including Mastodon.

Those reports were confirmed Thursday evening by a CNN reporter who was blocked from sharing a Mastodon profile URL and was given an automated error message that said Twitter or its partners had identified the site as “potentially harmful.”

LordBstard
Contributor
Wikipedia User: Lord Alan B'stard

Unread post by LordBstard » Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:16 am

Vigilant wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:13 pm
Elmo gets booed, hard.

Because the child king is not a petty baby

BTW thanks for this link, the similarity of Musk's early internet venture days with Jimbo's Bomis are eerie.

orangepi
Gregarious
Wikipedia User:

Unread post by orangepi » Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:28 pm

Has Muskmelon earned the title of “rouge admin” yet?

His latest, a block of Taylor Lorenz, definitely for unspecified bad past behavior and not for continuing to cover the Musk/jet/stalker story.

iii
Habitué

Unread post by iii » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:33 pm

orangepi wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:28 pm
Has Muskmelon earned the title of “rouge admin” yet?

His latest, a block of Taylor Lorenz, definitely for unspecified bad past behavior and not for continuing to cover the Musk/jet/stalker story.
Here's a substack link

This does indeed remind me of the kind of power plays that were pulled on WP back in 2004 or 2005.

orangepi
Gregarious
Wikipedia User:

Unread post by orangepi » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:12 pm

The drama continues at a feverish pace. It is as if he is trying to destroy Twitter.
Surely banning Instagram and Linktree links will piss off a lot of people who haven't been watching this shitshow.

iii
Habitué

Unread post by iii » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:24 pm

orangepi wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:12 pm
It is as if he is trying to destroy Twitter.
Twitter support wrote:Additionally, any attempts to bypass restrictions on external links to the above prohibited social media platforms through technical or non-technical means (e.g. URL cloaking, plaintext obfuscation) is in violation of this policy. This includes, but is not limited to, spelling out “dot” for social media platforms that use “.” in the names to avoid URL creation, or sharing screenshots of your handle on a prohibited social media platform.
Example: “instagram dot com/username” (link)
:rotfl:

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:02 pm

ArmasRebane
Habitué

Unread post by ArmasRebane » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:03 pm

That they're going through this effort to try and stifle mentions of other platforms suggests that the exodus is in fact real.

Amazing how you can always pull up a tweet where they say the opposite for these kinds of insecure losers.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1533616384747442176

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:18 pm

For those who are lucky enough not to understand why Taylor Lorenz was briefly banned on Twitter, I offer this paragraph from her Wikipedia article:
Libs of TikTok and accusation of doxing

On April 19, 2022, The Washington Post published an article by Lorenz about the right-wing Twitter account Libs of TikTok and publicized the identity of the account owner as Chaya Raichik, an Orthodox Jew who worked in real estate. These details were retrieved from early iterations of the Libs of TikTok Twitter account.[28] The online version of the article initially included a link to Raichik's real estate license.[29][30]

The article proved controversial, with Lorenz accused of doxing,[31] antisemitism for mentioning Raichik's religion,[32] and hypocrisy for having previously spoken out against online harassment.[33][34][35][36][37] Raichik herself accused Lorenz of doxing and told the New York Post that she "will never be silenced".[36][38] Raichik also accused Lorenz of violating her right to free speech.[39] According to The Times of London, "supporters of Lorenz meanwhile pointed out that Raichik's followers were only too enthusiastic about doxing when it came to teachers being smeared as paedophiles."[40] In a tweet, Lorenz said that her "whole family was doxed again this morning...trolls have now moved on to doxing and stalking any random friends I've tagged on Instagram."[32] Lorenz argued that Raichik's information was already publicly available.[39]

YouTuber Tim Pool and The Daily Wire CEO Jeremy Boreing purchased a billboard in Times Square to accuse Lorenz of doxing. In response, Lorenz called the billboard "so idiotic it's hilarious".[41]
If you are unaware of the "Libs of TikTok" account, I will only say it is hugely popular with the right-wing and quite likely the reason why armed men sometimes invade libraries to stop drag queens reading books to children.

Hemiauchenia
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Hemiauchenia

Unread post by Hemiauchenia » Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:59 pm

Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/December 15, 2022 Twitter suspensions (T-H-L) is another canvassed clusterfuck, though in this case the canvassed voters are typically leaning delete rather than keep

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:03 pm

Hemiauchenia wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:59 pm
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/December 15, 2022 Twitter suspensions (T-H-L) is another canvassed clusterfuck, though in this case the canvassed voters are typically leaning delete rather than keep
They need to preemptively semiprotect every article and every AfD about Musk/Twitter.

The Muskrats swarm like the scientologists did.

ArmasRebane
Habitué

Unread post by ArmasRebane » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:45 pm

Hemiauchenia wrote:
It's some sanity, at least. Every single shitty thing Musk does is not noteworthy and doesn't deserve an article. It's like Trump Administration 2.0 or Covid all over again.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:48 pm

ArmasRebane wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:45 pm
Hemiauchenia wrote:
It's some sanity, at least. Every single shitty thing Musk does is not noteworthy and doesn't deserve an article. It's like Trump Administration 2.0 or Covid all over again.
If it were different people doing these acts, would that merit an article?

It seems strange that bad actors can flood the zone with their misdeeds and en.wp shouldn't chronicle them.

ArmasRebane
Habitué

Unread post by ArmasRebane » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:52 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:48 pm
ArmasRebane wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:45 pm
Hemiauchenia wrote:

If it were different people doing these acts, would that merit an article?

It seems strange that bad actors can flood the zone with their misdeeds and en.wp shouldn't chronicle them.
No? The suspensions were reversed. There's no evidence this is actually a continuing, noteworthy story outside of the general arc of Twitter at this point, or at most Elon Musk's tenure of the company. What is wrong with waiting a month or a year to see if there's actually something to say besides a rote timeline of disconnected facts?

Mason
Habitué

Unread post by Mason » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:09 am

orangepi wrote:
The drama continues at a feverish pace. It is as if he is trying to destroy Twitter.
Surely banning Instagram and Linktree links will piss off a lot of people who haven't been watching this shitshow.
I’ll have to admit, I did not have Twitter:BADSITES on the Kanye.Elon.Trump. bingo card.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:39 am

Mason wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:09 am
I’ll have to admit, I did not have Twitter:BADSITES on the Kanye.Elon.Trump. bingo card.
It's weird, though — no mention of other potential Big-Player competitors like Hive Social, Parler, or Wikipediocracy.

Emptyeye
Critic
Wikipedia User: Emptyeye2112

Unread post by Emptyeye » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:57 am

Mason wrote:
orangepi wrote:
I am curious as to why Truth Social is on that list? Is he pissed off that his BFF Trump didn't return to Twitter after the unbanning? Does he realize he can't make the goal of turning Twitter into an alt-right paradise TOO obvious so he also bans links to TS to disguise that fact? Legitimately curious here.
(EDIT: Typo correction)
Last edited by Emptyeye on Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:35 am

Emptyeye wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:57 am
Mason wrote:
orangepi wrote:
I am curious as to why Truth Social is on that list? Is he pissed off that his BFF Trump didn't return to Twitter after the unbanning? Does he realize he can't make the goal is turning Twitter into an alt-right paradise TOO obvious so he also bans links to TS to disguise that fact? Legitimately curious here.
Because his is a Dunning-Kruger golem.