thekohser
Majordomo
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Jimbo leaving London?

Unread post by thekohser » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Is it possible that Jimbo is leaving London already?

One would imagine that the boy who lived in warm and sunny Huntsville, San Diego, and St. Petersburg has blood acclimated to the more tropical of temperatures. Maybe weeks of cool London drizzle and fog have gotten under his skin.

Maybe he didn't feel "welcomed" in Great Britain.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Re: Jimbo leaving London?

Unread post by Zoloft » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Perhaps he just doesn't want to live in a country where the press will hack your cellphone...

Or is that a 'Freudian slip'?

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:42 pm

thekohser wrote:Maybe he didn't feel "welcomed" in Great Britain.
:D

Heat
Contributor
Wikipedia Review Member: Heat

Unread post by Heat » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:16 am

Maybe he doesn't want to pay taxes?

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:03 pm

I'm surprised there hasn't yet been a loyal Jimbo butt-snorkeler who has asked Jimbo why he made that change to his page. Don't they care about where the Dear Leader lives? (Especially the UK nutters, you'd think they'd be in a panic about whether or not they'll have the opportunity to have a pint with the Sole Flounder.)

Maybe he's just moving to a suburb of London, and Secret Jimbo doesn't want anyone following him to his house. (I know he's prone to overreact to pictures of AK-47s, for example, thinking that they are solely targeted at him and his family, even if they're being shot by a gun non-owner one time in the remote hills of the Poconos.)
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

Rathel
Critic

Unread post by Rathel » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:03 pm

As an American citizen, how long would he be allowed to stay in the United Kingdom with a normal Visa?

Kelly Martin
Habitué

Unread post by Kelly Martin » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:26 pm

I think Rathel may be onto something. Ordinarily, visitors from outside the European Union cannot stay in the UK for more than six months without applying for leave to settle. If he actually married his baby-momma, then he could stay indefinitely as the partner of a British citizen; however, to my knowledge he hasn't done so. A review of the eligibility categories for settlement doesn't appear to include any category that is applicable to Der Jimbo. So my guess is that his six month visa is about run out (he moved there around the start of the year, as I recall), his application for permanent settlement was denied (or he has been advised that it is likely to be denied), and he's now casting about for a new place to live.

Jimbo, of course, believes (as do all of his ilk) that rules don't apply to him, and it is typically fairly shocking to him when he runs into a rule being enforced by someone who isn't willing to acknowledge that the rule should not apply to him.

dogbiscuit
Retired
Wikipedia User: tiucsibgod

Unread post by dogbiscuit » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:33 pm

Kelly Martin wrote:I think Rathel may be onto something. Ordinarily, visitors from outside the European Union cannot stay in the UK for more than six months without applying for leave to settle. If he actually married his baby-momma, then he could stay indefinitely as the partner of a British citizen; however, to my knowledge he hasn't done so. A review of the eligibility categories for settlement doesn't appear to include any category that is applicable to Der Jimbo. So my guess is that his six month visa is about run out (he moved there around the start of the year, as I recall), his application for permanent settlement was denied (or he has been advised that it is likely to be denied), and he's now casting about for a new place to live.

Jimbo, of course, believes (as do all of his ilk) that rules don't apply to him, and it is typically fairly shocking to him when he runs into a rule being enforced by someone who isn't willing to acknowledge that the rule should not apply to him.
I wonder if he'll try and get no. 10 to pull some strings? In terms of work visas I guess he could claim some unique skills, though perhaps the very idea of work is an anathma to him.
Time for a new signature.

Sweet Revenge
Gregarious

Unread post by Sweet Revenge » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:36 pm

Kelly Martin wrote:I think Rathel may be onto something. Ordinarily, visitors from outside the European Union cannot stay in the UK for more than six months without applying for leave to settle. If he actually married his baby-momma, then he could stay indefinitely as the partner of a British citizen; however, to my knowledge he hasn't done so. A review of the eligibility categories for settlement doesn't appear to include any category that is applicable to Der Jimbo. So my guess is that his six month visa is about run out (he moved there around the start of the year, as I recall), his application for permanent settlement was denied (or he has been advised that it is likely to be denied), and he's now casting about for a new place to live.

As much as I agree that he believes that the rules don't apply, especially once they've been sprinkled with web 2.0 pixie dust (which even suspends the law of gravity), it seems that he could stay longer if he wanted to. American citizens can stay for 6 months in the UK without a visa. The UK border agency requires them to get a visa if they want to stay longer than 6 months, but for American citizens who aren't destitute I can't imagine that the UK authorities would balk at this, even for ordinary non-god-king-type Americans. On the other hand, if he's working there it's a whole different issue. That's not what we're talking about, right? You can see the details here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /visiting/ (noting that Americans are not "visa nationals" in the UK)

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:15 pm

Rathel wrote:As an American citizen, how long would he be allowed to stay in the United Kingdom with a normal Visa?
I thought the WMF took away his Visa after the Russian massage parlor incident, or perhaps that was American Express? :lol:
This is not a signature.