Jimbowatcher's paradise
Giraffe Stapler
Habitué
kołdry

Clash of the Tech Titans - Elon vs Jimbo

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:09 pm

From Jimbo's talk page:
Hell broke loose today

Elon musk is calling Wikipedia woke u replied Then they start talking about your connection with newsguard is this true I'm still kinda confused about the woke claim when most of us work to be neutral If you would like to clarify your position in newguard I would like to know Elon musk also is a asshat •Cyberwolf• 01:40, 20 October 2023 (UTC)
Now, I saw this and thought it was good to know that you are allowed to call someone an asshat on Wikipedia so long as it is Elon Musk, but I didn't understand any other part of it. Then I saw this on Larry Sanger's Twitter. It seems that Jimbo make a remark on Twitter about how destroying the verified account (blue checkmark) system allowed someone to spread misinformation by posing as an Al Jazeera reporter. Elon Musk replied:
Please fix Wokipedia
I am hoping the next stage is a duel (or at least a televised fight with proceeds going to charity).

Ming
the Merciless

Re: Clash of the Tech Titans - Elon vs Jimbo

Unread post by Ming » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:12 pm

Ming beleives that the proper response is "you say that as if it were a bad thing." :trolldancing: :trollface:

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:29 pm

More like a slapfight between two spoiled children.

Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Snooper
Contributor

Unread post by Snooper » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:28 pm

When the libertarian is apparently too woke for you that says more about you then it does him.

Musk has been full mask off for a while.
Number One, I order you to take a number two.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:26 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Village_pump_(proposals)&diff=prev&oldid=1181533853 wrote:Elon Musk
It usually isn't a good idea to feed the trolls or fan the flames, but should editors draft a formal response to Musk's increasing attacks on Wikipedia? He is, after all, one of the most influential people in the world — ironically according to the "mainstream media" that he hates. Musk has always been critical of Wikipedia (and by extension, the WMF), but recently he has been mounting an all-out attack on the platform formally known as Twitter: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8]. InfiniteNexus (talk) 17:01, 23 October 2023 (UTC)
:facepalm:
"ἄνθρωπον ζητῶ" (Diogenes of Sinope)

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:43 am

Snooper wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:28 pm
When the libertarian is apparently too woke for you that says more about you then it does him.

Musk has been full mask off for a while.
Wales isn't a libertarian.
He's simpler.
He's an attention whore and a grifter.

The most fun possible would be if Elmo called forth his Legion of Autism to vandalize en.wp until Wales capitulates.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Beeblebrox
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Just Step Sideways

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:22 am

Musk also likes to see the world through his own lens, and he likes to imagine himself as a powerful leader and innovator. So he naturally assumes the structure of the WMF is Jimmy sitting in an office in the clouds with legions of sychophants that are personally loyal to him.

Of course the obvious answer to shoot back, if you were going to answer, is "you said you would fix Twitter and look what happened, so how would you know?"
information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom

Ming
the Merciless

Unread post by Ming » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:11 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:22 am
Musk also likes to see the world through his own lens, and he likes to imagine himself as a powerful leader and innovator. So he naturally assumes the structure of the WMF is Jimmy sitting in an office in the clouds with legions of sychophants that are personally loyal to him.

Of course the obvious answer to shoot back, if you were going to answer, is "you said you would fix Twitter and look what happened, so how would you know?"
Well, from his office in the clouds, everything done to Xwitter has fixed it, up to and including the lame rename.

Ryuichi
Gregarious

Unread post by Ryuichi » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:46 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:43 am
The most fun possible would be if Elmo called forth his Legion of Autism to vandalize en.wp until Wales capitulates.
Not certain that it would be worse;

or that we would know.

ScotFinnRadish
Regular
Wikipedia User: ScottishFinnishRadish
Actual Name: Stephen Root Vegetable

Unread post by ScotFinnRadish » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:21 pm

Ryuichi wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:46 pm
Vigilant wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:43 am
Not certain that it would be worse;

or that we would know.
This would be the quickest way to get to only logged in editing.