Ken Bone's article up for deletion

For discussions on privacy implications, including BLP issues
Wonderer
Regular
kołdry
Actual Name: Robert Soupe

Ken Bone's article up for deletion

Unread post by Wonderer » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:53 pm

I wonder what Ken Bone himself would say about this. In his shoes, I would say "go ahead, delete." I wouldn't want my children editing a Wikipedia article about me.
Kenneth "Ken" Bone spoke at the second United States presidential election debates in 2016. He asked presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, "What steps will your energy policy take to meet our energy needs, while at the same time remaining environmentally friendly and minimizing job loss for fossil power plant workers?"[1] He gained substantial popularity on the internet due to his name, appearance with which he wore a red IZOD sweater, and his use of a disposable camera prior to and after the debate.[2] ...

Bone graduated from Granite City High School in Granite City, Illinois, near Washington University,[3] and is currently employed in the fossil fuel industry.[3]
Kenneth Bone (T-H-L)

In the deletion discussion, Buffaboy (T-C-L) brought up Joe the Plumber (T-H-L). Someone will invoke WP:OTHERSTUFF in 10, 9, 8, ...

Eclipsed
Critic
Wikipedia User: 1Wiki8Q5G7FviTHBac3dx8HhdNYwDVstR
Wikipedia Review Member: Eclipsed

Re: Ken Bone's article up for deletion

Unread post by Eclipsed » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:28 pm

I do hope it gets deleted, don't want to destroy the fantasy with reality.

milowent
Critic
Wikipedia User: milowent

Unread post by milowent » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:27 pm

This is more Alex from Target than Joe the Plumber.
Explosive Chemistry!

Eclipsed
Critic
Wikipedia User: 1Wiki8Q5G7FviTHBac3dx8HhdNYwDVstR
Wikipedia Review Member: Eclipsed

Unread post by Eclipsed » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:25 am

Since everyone has been so good, it's time for a special treat. Skip to 06:30 for the juicy part:

The Garbage Scow
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Master

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:33 pm

Well if it winds up being kept it will give people another sorely-needed avenue for writing about "Controversies", preferably with main heads and/or multiple subheads that use the word "Controversy" or "Controversies". The lowing masses love their controversies!

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:24 am

Eclipsed wrote:I do hope it gets deleted, don't want to destroy the fantasy with reality.
From what I can tell (with the total lack of links to the Reddit threads and all), it looks like he scores about 1.5 on the 10 point scale of reddit pervs and trolls. Daily Beast surely knew that, but they ran with it anyway. :angry:
This is not a signature.