Tara Teng's ultra-detailed BLP & the admin who wrote it

For discussions on privacy implications, including BLP issues
slacker
Banned
kołdry

Re: Tara Teng's ultra-detailed BLP & the admin who wrote it

Unread post by slacker » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:06 am

Case suspended.
Neelix is strongly counseled to take the concerns expressed by the community into account in his future editing.
I wonder if that includes all the people telling him he was a sexual deviant, a stalker, mentally ill, a scourge on Wikipedia and an all-round despicable individual who loves to mock cancer victims.

While not condoning his edits at all, it's clear the community, and specifically Drmies & Iridescent et al, went waaay overboard on this issue, imho only because of their association with Eric Corbett and their absolute desperation to prove they're not insensitive to charges of -isms.

The commutards proved they could be every bit as cruel and insensitive as they claimed Neelix was being to humanity, and it was shown that nobody else on the site really has any power to stop that sort of behaviour when it gets going, save offering counter-views and sympathy.

I'm sure someone on here has said it before, but one of these days, 'Wikipedia hate mob drives vulnerable teen to suicide' will be an actual news headline. And the wider world really really won't care that he was creating offensive redirects in such volume that it created loads of work for the admins to clean up.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:59 pm

Vigilant wrote:What?!

No hue and cry about losing a valuable content creator?!
Sometimes there is some sense over there. Surprising but true!
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:36 pm

Poetlister wrote:
Vigilant wrote:What?!

No hue and cry about losing a valuable content creator?!
Sometimes there is some sense over there. Surprising but true!
He just had no friends is all.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

turnoffthenews
Contributor

Unread post by turnoffthenews » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:29 am

slacker wrote:While not condoning his edits at all, it's clear the community, and specifically Drmies & Iridescent et al, went waaay overboard on this issue, imho only because of their association with Eric Corbett and their absolute desperation to prove they're not insensitive to charges of -isms.
aaahahahahaha

all of us at hipinion loved keeping up with the Neelix saga because we couldn't believe that a person could not just be insane, but keep a literal minute by minute log of his insanity in full public view, and continue on undisturbed for over half a decade because he could convincingly write in the faux-rational tone of the average wiki bureaucrat well enough to shake off his detractors whenever they appeared. truly fascinating little fishbowl over there

one more thing that I don't think was posted until our thread was moved to a private forum: the onslaught of obsessive breast-related redirects started after Tara Teng began to post pictures of herself breastfeeding her newborn son on Instagram.

:banana: :evilgrin: :banana:

californiabluejay
Contributor

Unread post by californiabluejay » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:15 am

I wonder if that includes all the people telling him he was a sexual deviant, a stalker, mentally ill, a scourge on Wikipedia and an all-round despicable individual who loves to mock cancer victims.

While not condoning his edits at all, it's clear the community, and specifically Drmies & Iridescent et al, went waaay overboard on this issue, imho only because of their association with Eric Corbett and their absolute desperation to prove they're not insensitive to charges of -isms.
I gleefully followed the Neelix drama and I never saw this. People generally disgusted and speculating what the hell is wrong with him sure but nothing that bad, considering the extent of his batshit crazy behavior. IMHO Neelix had a very opinion of himself and any kind of admonishment causes him to post he needs a break to garner as much sympathy as possible.

Jim
Blue Meanie
Wikipedia User: Begoon
Wikipedia Review Member: Jim

Unread post by Jim » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:27 pm

I post this without comment:
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Neelix

Liz99
Critic

Unread post by Liz99 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:52 pm

Jim wrote:I post this without comment:
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Neelix
While Legacypac has put a lot of time and effort in the redirect clean-up and nominating inappropriate or, frankly, ludicrous redirects for deletion, his zealousness to purge Wikipedia of all things Neelix has led to several visits to ANI this past week.

MCleven
Contributor
Actual Name: Mike Cleven

Unread post by MCleven » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:21 am

I wound up finding out about the Tara Teng 'web' of articles when this happened - https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =558460257 - and after removing the NNs so added, discovered other related and similar NN items proliferating - other venues and churches, can't remember the others just now - and among the excuses for adding it to the New West page is that the Heritage Grill was notable *because* Tara Teng had performed there....which led me to the Tara Teng article.... but I hadn't realized all this stalking stuff, I'd thought he was working on her behalf.....Heritage Grill there was an ANI on; Five Stones Church I think was also an article that got AFDd as non-notable; though IIRC it was a chain and took a bit more to get deleted.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:43 am

MCleven wrote:I wound up finding out about the Tara Teng 'web' of articles when this happened - https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =558460257 - and after removing the NNs so added, discovered other related and similar NN items proliferating - other venues and churches, can't remember the others just now - and among the excuses for adding it to the New West page is that the Heritage Grill was notable *because* Tara Teng had performed there....which led me to the Tara Teng article.... but I hadn't realized all this stalking stuff, I'd thought he was working on her behalf.....Heritage Grill there was an ANI on; Five Stones Church I think was also an article that got AFDd as non-notable; though IIRC it was a chain and took a bit more to get deleted.
:welcome:
to our humble site.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing