For discussions on privacy implications, including BLP issues
Mancunium
Habitué
kołdry

Wikipedia kicks a man while he's down

Unread post by Mancunium » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:01 pm

This is outrageous.

Henry_Earl (T-H-L)
Henry. L. Earl[1] (born October 24, 1949) is a man from Lexington, Kentucky famous for his extensive police record. Nearly all of his arrests have been for public intoxication, with charges of disorderly conduct, third degree trespassing, second degree trespassing, and apparently one count of begging. The Fayette County Detention Center's website, showing Earl's arrest record from 1992 to present, indicates that he has not been arrested for theft or any violent offences.[2]
When Jimmy Wales begs, they call him a visionary. When Henry Earl begs, they call him a criminal.
former Living Person

Lukeno94
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Lukeno94

Re: Wikipedia kicks a man while he's down

Unread post by Lukeno94 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:32 pm

Fucking hell. I've just nuked the external links, and removed a bunch of unsourced stuff. I'd be tempted to AfD it (and CfD the Homeless category), if I was naive enough to think that would work.

Hex
Retired
Wikipedia User: Scott

Unread post by Hex » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Lukeno94 wrote:Fucking hell. I've just nuked the external links, and removed a bunch of unsourced stuff. I'd be tempted to AfD it (and CfD the Homeless category), if I was naive enough to think that would work.
I've removed even more crap. If you AfD it, I'll support you.
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

Lukeno94
Gregarious

Unread post by Lukeno94 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:39 pm

AfDed. Heh, it was originally started by an IP - that says it all.

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:53 pm

Take a look at the luminaries who've "contributed" to the article:
* 15:23, 3 July 2009‎ Fasttimes68 (talk | contribs) aka Little Green Rosetta - douchebag stalker extraordinaire
* 15:59, 3 June 2009‎ Wizardman (talk | contribs)‎
* 05:13, 14 April 2009‎ Will Beback (talk | contribs)
* 17:50, 2 October 2008‎ Iridescent (talk | contribs)‎
* 03:33, 23 September 2008‎ NuclearWarfare (talk | contribs)
* 20:09, 27 May 2007‎ JzG (talk | contribs)‎

Some of these fuckers should have AfD'd this garbage and salted the article a long, long, long time ago.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Mancunium
Habitué

Unread post by Mancunium » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:31 pm

Mr Earl is famous for having a Wikipedia entry. The fact is in the first paragraph in all the media reports of his life.

Thank you, Luke and Hex.

Looking at his BLP, I see that he is in these categories:

1949 births
African-American people
American Internet personalities
Homeless people
Living people
People from Lexington, Kentucky

Category:Homeless_people (T-H-L)
The following 79 pages are in this category, out of 79 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
There is a more exclusive category of BLP:
Category:Street_people (T-H-L)
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
Brother, can you spare some change?
If everyone reading this gave $3, our fundraiser would be done within an hour. ... Wikipedia is something special. It is like a library or a public park. It is like a temple for the mind, a place we can all go to think and learn.
former Living Person

Lukeno94
Gregarious

Unread post by Lukeno94 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:39 pm

Colour me shocked; everyone so far has voted delete. I doubt CfDing those cats would get as much support though.

The Adversary
Habitué

Unread post by The Adversary » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:40 pm

Lukeno94 wrote:Colour me shocked; everyone so far has voted delete. I doubt CfDing those cats would get as much support though.
Beerest 2 (T-C-L), formely Beerest355 (T-C-L), has some way to go.
:dry:

Mason
Habitué

Unread post by Mason » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:50 pm

Lukeno94 wrote:Colour me shocked; everyone so far has voted delete. I doubt CfDing those cats would get as much support though.
Sometimes Wikipedia does the right thing.

It might take eight years and an outside critic pointing out the problem, but it does happen occasionally.

But the week is early, and the "keep"ers haven't really mobilized yet, so don't count your horses just yet. I doubt Beerest will be the only one to show up on the "Jimmy Kimmel did a thing on him so he's notable" platform.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:29 pm

The Adversary wrote:
That guy has "teenaged troll" written all over him. He loves cartoons, violent crimes, and fighting with people at AFDs.
Plus patrolling and gnoming categories. Yet another admin candidate.

Lukeno94
Gregarious

Unread post by Lukeno94 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:01 am

"I am retired and will not be using this account to edit Wikipedia ever again. Beerest355 Talk 00:47, 15 November 2013 (UTC)"

Well, he may be keeping the promise made there... but that retirement was a bit pointless. He lasted a week before coming back.

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:19 am

EricBarbour wrote:
The Adversary wrote:
That guy has "teenaged troll" written all over him. He loves cartoons, violent crimes, and fighting with people at AFDs.
Plus patrolling and gnoming categories. Yet another admin candidate.
You think he's older than 12? I'll put money on it that he's not.

everyking
Critic
Wikipedia User: Everyking
Wikipedia Review Member: Everyking

Unread post by everyking » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:38 am

Without looking into the particulars of this case, isn't it possible to be famous for being arrested a lot? Isn't it possible to be famous for anything?

The Joy
Habitué
Wikipedia Review Member: The Joy

Unread post by The Joy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:40 am

everyking wrote:Without looking into the particulars of this case, isn't it possible to be famous for being arrested a lot? Isn't it possible to be famous for anything?
Indeed.

Simon Pulsifer (T-H-L)
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Is it your thesis that my avatar in this MMPONWMG was mugged?" -Moulton

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:44 am

everyking wrote:Without looking into the particulars of this case, isn't it possible to be famous for being arrested a lot? Isn't it possible to be famous for anything?
It is, but is that what the sources emphasize?

Lukeno94
Gregarious

Unread post by Lukeno94 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:29 pm

And now an IP has voted keep - and I've had to remove one of their comments because it was pretty disgraceful. Yey.

Mason
Habitué

Unread post by Mason » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:25 am

Super Goku V wrote:Finally, I would like to note that The Smoking Gun is a part of the [[Turner Broadcasting System]] and appears to be a reliable source for this topic
Oh, well then by all means let's have an encyclopedia article about this poor alcoholic homeless guy who gets arrested a lot.

If we can't trust the Turner Broadcasting System and all its affiliates and subsidiaries to tell us what's notable, then what can we trust?

Lukeno94
Gregarious

Unread post by Lukeno94 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:20 am

Mason wrote:
Super Goku V wrote:Finally, I would like to note that The Smoking Gun is a part of the [[Turner Broadcasting System]] and appears to be a reliable source for this topic
Oh, well then by all means let's have an encyclopedia article about this poor alcoholic homeless guy who gets arrested a lot.

If we can't trust the Turner Broadcasting System and all its affiliates and subsidiaries to tell us what's notable, then what can we trust?
This same guy thinks the Daily Mail is reliable enough for use in such a BLP. He clearly doesn't know what a reliable source is, and I've told him as such in the AfD.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:45 pm

Lukeno94 wrote:This same guy thinks the Daily Mail is reliable enough for use in such a BLP. He clearly doesn't know what a reliable source is, and I've told him as such in the AfD.
Isn't it policy that all national newspapers are reliable? I think that by some oversight the Daily Mail is not excluded from that.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Lukeno94
Gregarious

Unread post by Lukeno94 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:27 pm

That's not policy, and nor has it ever been. Any tabloid newspaper - of which the Daily Mail is mostly clearly one of - is not a reliable source, and is always commented against as such in any debate, even though the policy itself doesn't make any distinction. And frankly, anyone crazy enough to think that the Daily Mail is a reliable source shouldn't be within a thousand miles of an encyclopedia.

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:40 pm

Lukeno94 wrote:And frankly, anyone crazy enough to think that the Daily Mail is a reliable source shouldn't be within a thousand miles of an encyclopedia.
I can think of a few thousand people who don't think the Daily Mail is a reliable source who still shouldn't be within a thousand miles of a (Wikipedia) encyclopedia.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

Lukeno94
Gregarious

Unread post by Lukeno94 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Well, yeah, obviously; it's not like I said it was the only reason why people shouldn't be involved in an encyclopedia. Colonel Warden has reinforced my view of him just being a sophisticated troll as well, but there we go.

lilburne
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Nastytroll
Wikipedia Review Member: Lilburne

Unread post by lilburne » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Lukeno94 wrote:Well, yeah, obviously; it's not like I said it was the only reason why people shouldn't be involved in an encyclopedia. Colonel Warden has reinforced my view of him just being a sophisticated troll as well, but there we go.
Hmmm the description you are looking for there is "a festering pustule upon the arse of a warthog".
They have been inserting little memes in everybody's mind
So Google's shills can shriek there whenever they're inclined

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:58 pm

Lukeno94 wrote:That's not policy, and nor has it ever been. Any tabloid newspaper - of which the Daily Mail is mostly clearly one of - is not a reliable source, and is always commented against as such in any debate, even though the policy itself doesn't make any distinction. And frankly, anyone crazy enough to think that the Daily Mail is a reliable source shouldn't be within a thousand miles of an encyclopedia.
But... but The Chicago Daily Tribune is a Reliable Source! How could it possibly be wrong!?
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

Lukeno94
Gregarious

Unread post by Lukeno94 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:25 pm

Well, I couldn't tell you whether the CDT was a reliable source without checking it out, but then I'm not American and/or from the vague Chicago area. I was under the impression that the Daily Mail's unreliability may be rather better known, but ah well.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:42 pm

Lukeno94 wrote:That's not policy, and nor has it ever been. Any tabloid newspaper - of which the Daily Mail is mostly clearly one of - is not a reliable source, and is always commented against as such in any debate, even though the policy itself doesn't make any distinction. And frankly, anyone crazy enough to think that the Daily Mail is a reliable source shouldn't be within a thousand miles of an encyclopedia.
Can you please provide a link to the policy that says tabloids aren't reliable sources? As far as I can see, the relevant policy states
Other reliable sources include:
* university-level textbooks
* books published by respected publishing houses
* magazines
* journals
* mainstream newspapers.
Whatever you say about the Daily Mail - and I'm not minded to disagree - it's regarded as a mainstream newspaper.

Mancunium
Habitué

Unread post by Mancunium » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:46 pm

former Living Person

Lukeno94
Gregarious

Unread post by Lukeno94 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Any AfD debate where it has been mentioned. Although it does appear that, somewhat insanely, the Reliable Sources noticeboard hasn't shot it down completely. Makes a mockery of the board, to be honest.

Hex
Retired

Unread post by Hex » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:37 pm

Treason! Plot! Meatpuppetry! Colonel Warden swoops in to warn the citizens of the kingdom:
Colonel Warden wrote:Canvassing Please note that the nomination and following !votes seem to have been canvassed offsite at Wikipediocracy. The thread there is quite partisan with collusive comments such as "If you AfD it, I'll support you." The original idea seems to have been to attack Jimmy Wales, "When Jimmy Wales begs...". None of the participants there seem to have openly declared their interest here and so their posing as independent Wikipedians seems improper per WP:MEAT. Warden (talk) 09:50, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
:picard:
My question, to this esteemed Wiki community, is this: Do you think that a Wiki could successfully generate a useful encyclopedia? -- JimboWales
Yes, but in the end it wouldn't be an encyclopedia. It would be a wiki. -- WardCunningham (Jan 2001)

Mason
Habitué

Unread post by Mason » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Hex wrote:Treason! Plot! Meatpuppetry! Colonel Warden swoops in to warn the citizens of the kingdom:
Colonel Warden wrote:Canvassing Please note that the nomination and following !votes seem to have been canvassed offsite at Wikipediocracy. The thread there is quite partisan with collusive comments such as "If you AfD it, I'll support you." The original idea seems to have been to attack Jimmy Wales, "When Jimmy Wales begs...". None of the participants there seem to have openly declared their interest here and so their posing as independent Wikipedians seems improper per WP:MEAT. Warden (talk) 09:50, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
The Colonel even helpfully linked "interest" to Wikipedia:Conflict of interest (T-H-L) for us!

It kind of reminds me of when David Letterman mocked some poor schlub for having a funny name, and that guy is now "notable" forever. Because, remember, "notability is not temporary", and the AP did a story on it. Anyone else remember Dick Assman (T-H-L)?

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Mason wrote:
Hex wrote:Treason! Plot! Meatpuppetry! Colonel Warden swoops in to warn the citizens of the kingdom:
The Colonel even helpfully linked "interest" to Wikipedia:Conflict of interest (T-H-L) for us!

It kind of reminds me of when David Letterman mocked some poor schlub for having a funny name, and that guy is now "notable" forever. Because, remember, "notability is not temporary", and the AP did a story on it. Anyone else remember Dick Assman (T-H-L)?
I was reading a Wikipedian's page a while ago and his wife is also an editor. As it is possible they have discussed their editing, any time either member of a Wikipedian married editor pair comments at AFA, RFA, ANI, and has failed to declare offsite conversations they should be beaten for collusion.

Sigh. And anyone who uses IRC, the same.

:blink:

Band of idiots, they are.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:21 pm

Lukeno94 wrote:Any AfD debate where it has been mentioned. Although it does appear that, somewhat insanely, the Reliable Sources noticeboard hasn't shot it down completely. Makes a mockery of the board, to be honest.
I repeat that I'm not supporting the Daily Mail. But it's something perhaps worth a thread here. The issue is that the policy is quite clear, but is being ignored at AfD because people don't like this particular consequence of the policy. Do comments at AfD debates override a policy page, and if the community really has a consensus that a particular newspaper is not a reliable source, should the relevant policy page or at least the WP:RS guideline be amended to reflect that?

Mancunium
Habitué

Unread post by Mancunium » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:56 pm

former Living Person

Lukeno94
Gregarious

Unread post by Lukeno94 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:33 pm

Poetlister wrote:
Lukeno94 wrote:Any AfD debate where it has been mentioned. Although it does appear that, somewhat insanely, the Reliable Sources noticeboard hasn't shot it down completely. Makes a mockery of the board, to be honest.
I repeat that I'm not supporting the Daily Mail. But it's something perhaps worth a thread here. The issue is that the policy is quite clear, but is being ignored at AfD because people don't like this particular consequence of the policy. Do comments at AfD debates override a policy page, and if the community really has a consensus that a particular newspaper is not a reliable source, should the relevant policy page or at least the WP:RS guideline be amended to reflect that?
Should the policy page be amended? Yes. I would go as far to support the Daily Mail being blacklisted - that and several other such websites. Now, I'm sure I've probably included it on occasion in the past, but I would never do so now. I also commend those users who go through and blanket remove the Daily Mail and similar low-life sources from articles. However, I get the feeling, given the various RSN discussions that I've seen, that any attempt to have the Daily Mail stricken off as even an OK source would be a complete waste of time. Also, I never thought that you were supporting the Daily Mail.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:07 am

enwikibadscience wrote:I was reading a Wikipedian's page a while ago and his wife is also an editor. As it is possible they have discussed their editing, any time either member of a Wikipedian married editor pair comments at AFA, RFA, ANI, and has failed to declare offsite conversations they should be beaten for collusion.

You mean like the power couple Courcelles (T-C-L), who's an arbcom member, and his wife Fluffernutter (T-C-L), whose extra special rights were granted by arbcom? They've never mentioned they're married on wikipedia as far as I can tell. I'm pretty sure they collude behind the scenes. Don't call her Fluffer, though, because that's NSFW.

enwikibadscience
Habitué

Unread post by enwikibadscience » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:33 am

tarantino wrote:
enwikibadscience wrote:I was reading a Wikipedian's page a while ago and his wife is also an editor. As it is possible they have discussed their editing, any time either member of a Wikipedian married editor pair comments at AFA, RFA, ANI, and has failed to declare offsite conversations they should be beaten for collusion.

You mean like the power couple Courcelles (T-C-L), who's an arbcom member, and his wife Fluffernutter (T-C-L), whose extra special rights were granted by arbcom? They've never mentioned they're married on wikipedia as far as I can tell. I'm pretty sure they collude behind the scenes. Don't call her Fluffer, though, because that's NSFW.
Lol, nepotism on top of syncophancy, on top of stupidity. Figures. :blink:

The Adversary
Habitué

Unread post by The Adversary » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:12 am

Charming mr. Colonel Warden (T-C-L):

see:
Please note that the nomination and following !votes seem to have been [[WP:CANVASSED|canvassed]] offsite at [[Wikipediocracy]]. The thread there is quite partisan with collusive comments such as "''If you AfD it, I'll support you.''" The original idea seems to have been to attack Jimmy Wales, "''When Jimmy Wales begs...''". None of the participants there seem to have openly declared their [[WP:COI|interest]] here and so their posing as independent Wikipedians seems improper per [[WP:MEAT]

lilburne
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Nastytroll
Wikipedia Review Member: Lilburne

Unread post by lilburne » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:01 am

The Adversary wrote:Charming mr. Colonel Warden (T-C-L):

see:
Please note that the nomination and following !votes seem to have been [[WP:CANVASSED|canvassed]] offsite at [[Wikipediocracy]]. The thread there is quite partisan with collusive comments such as "''If you AfD it, I'll support you.''" The original idea seems to have been to attack Jimmy Wales, "''When Jimmy Wales begs...''". None of the participants there seem to have openly declared their [[WP:COI|interest]] here and so their posing as independent Wikipedians seems improper per [[WP:MEAT]

Oh I don't think that there is any piss poor, always a stubby article of no significance, crap that Colonel Warden (T-C-L) isn't adverse to, and hasn't plagiarized from somewhere.
They have been inserting little memes in everybody's mind
So Google's shills can shriek there whenever they're inclined

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:30 am

The Henry Earl AfD is winding down to the last couple of days. Looks like it's leaning delete, but by no means a sure thing.

I've split out most of the Col Warden sock stuff here: link

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Hex
Retired

Unread post by Hex » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:43 pm

It's been closed by 28bytes. The result: deleted.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to good sense prevailing in this.

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:03 pm

Hex wrote:It's been closed by 28bytes. The result: deleted.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to good sense prevailing in this.
Not so fast! :frustrated:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk ... s#BLP1E.3F

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... Henry_Earl

Mason
Habitué

Unread post by Mason » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:33 pm

From the deletion review:
cyclopia wrote:What is dumb is your subjective and frankly offensive assessment of major league baseball players as somehow more deserving consideration than homeless people. --cyclopia 10:38, 11 December 2013 (UTC)

Mancunium
Habitué

Unread post by Mancunium » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Devil's Advocate and Cyclopia:

Cyberbullying (T-H-L)

Lynching (T-H-L)
Picture NSFW
[deleted]
I am pretty sure the brightest parts of his day involve some person saying
"you're that guy on the Internet!" and asking to take a picture with him
former Living Person

Bielle
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Bielle
Wikipedia Review Member: Bielle

Unread post by Bielle » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Mancunium wrote:Devil's Advocate and Cyclopia:

Cyberbullying (T-H-L)

Lynching (T-H-L)

I removed it from being repeated in my post.
That's gross, however real. I nearly lost my breakfast coffee. I feel you have gone too far here.

The Devil's Advocate
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Devil's Advocate

Unread post by The Devil's Advocate » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Mancunium wrote:Devil's Advocate and Cyclopia:

Cyberbullying (T-H-L)

Lynching (T-H-L)
[deleted]
Quite the presumptuous one aren't you little Duke?

"For those who stubbornly seek freedom around the world, there can be no more urgent task than to come to understand the mechanisms and practices of indoctrination."

- Noam Chomsky

DanMurphy
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Dan Murphy
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy

Unread post by DanMurphy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:02 am

Wow. That "Jclemens" is kind of horrific no? He just closed the DRV after two days with a vote of 6-5 in favor of keeping deleted as UNDELETE:
The vast majority of the AfD, closing administrator's notice, and those DRV opinions not favoring restoration rely on a tortured interpretation of 'event' that has no basis in the English language nor in Wikipedia policy. Furthermore, the WP:BLP arguments are invalid in the face of coverage from CNN and Newsweek, and potential arguments of WP:EVENT failure are eviscerated by continuing RS coverage from at least 2004 until this very month. No amount of editors arguing that inapplicable policies apply can alter the WP:Rough consensus that the article covers a subject dealt with in a non-trivial manner by reliable sources, and so there is no need to continue this debate: under Wikipedia policies, whether descriptive or proscriptive, there is no basis for the original deletion. You can call this an IAR close if you like, but reverting my undeletion, absent a clear consensus to do so, will still constitute WP:WHEEL warring. – Jclemens (talk) 01:44, 12 December 2013 (UTC)
What a cesspool. What's this fellow's real name again?

Ah. It's Jonathan Clemens, who five years ago was at Intel. Maybe still is. Here's a video of him:

Vigilant

Wikipedia kicks a man while he's down (3469)

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:15 am

DanMurphy wrote:Wow. That "Jclemens" is kind of horrific no? He just closed the DRV after two days with a vote of 6-5 in favor of keeping deleted as UNDELETE:
The vast majority of the AfD, closing administrator's notice, and those DRV opinions not favoring restoration rely on a tortured interpretation of 'event' that has no basis in the English language nor in Wikipedia policy. Furthermore, the WP:BLP arguments are invalid in the face of coverage from CNN and Newsweek, and potential arguments of WP:EVENT failure are eviscerated by continuing RS coverage from at least 2004 until this very month. No amount of editors arguing that inapplicable policies apply can alter the WP:Rough consensus that the article covers a subject dealt with in a non-trivial manner by reliable sources, and so there is no need to continue this debate: under Wikipedia policies, whether descriptive or proscriptive, there is no basis for the original deletion. You can call this an IAR close if you like, but reverting my undeletion, absent a clear consensus to do so, will still constitute WP:WHEEL warring. – Jclemens (talk) 01:44, 12 December 2013 (UTC)
What a cesspool. What's this fellow's real name again?
http://www.wikipedia-watch.org/hivemind.html#401
Jonathan Paul Clemens
DuPont, Washington, USA
http://www.jclemens.org
born:1971-04-25

Reverse Whois:
"Jonathan Clemens" owns about1 other domains
NS History:
1 change on 2 unique name servers over 7 years.
IP History:
36 changes on 12 unique IP addresses over 9 years.
Whois History:
37 records have been archived since 2001-04-09 .
Reverse IP:
214,323 other sites hosted on this server.
Join DomainTools to start monitoring this domain name
Preview the complete Domain Report for jclemens.org

Domain ID:D3982192-LROR
Domain Name:JCLEMENS.ORG
Created On:01-Mar-1999 05:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On:31-Jan-2013 09:22:14 UTC
Expiration Date:01-Mar-2014 05:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
Registrant ID:7356068B0797CDCD
Registrant Name:Jonathan Clemens
Registrant Organization:Jonathan Clemens
Registrant Street1:PO Box 426
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:DuPont
Registrant State/Province:WA
Registrant Postal Code:98327-0426
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.2533718772
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:jpclemen@acm.org

http://www.grouphealthphysicians.org/cl ... emens.html

http://doctor.ehealthinsurance.com/phys ... IuODQxNzUy
Home > Find Doctors > Physician Profile
Jonathan P Clemens PA-C
We found plans as low as $204.37 that
Jonathan P Clemens accepts
ZIP Code:
Jonathan P Clemens PA-C
Contact Information

700 Lilly Rd NE
Olympia, WA 98506
(360)923-7000

Background

Accepting new patients: Y
ID#: 46188

Specialties and Affiliations

Specialty: Family Medicine; Practitioner
Other Affiliations: Group Health Olympia Medical Center
Jonathan P Clemens 40-44 years old

<redacted>
Last edited by Zoloft on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed some info
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Alison
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Alison
Wikipedia Review Member: Alison
Actual Name: Alison Cassidy

Unread post by Alison » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:50 am

<mod hat>
Ok, so I removed that picture of a human being being burned to death. Here's why; (1) someone complained here, (2) someone else registered a complaint to the mod team, (3) it's grossly inappropriate, (4) it's pretty offensive to equate a literal lynching to what goes on on Wikipedia, bad and all as that may be.
-- Allie

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:44 am

Well, there seems to be no lack of zeal in this topic.

Vigilant, I have temporarily moved the Clemens post to a holding area while we look at it.

I have some doubts.

Please stand by and do not repost it.

We're checking the instant replay.

:matrix:

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:49 am

Zoloft wrote:Well, there seems to be no lack of zeal in this topic.

Vigilant, I have temporarily moved the Clemens post to a holding area while we look at it.

I have some doubts.

Please stand by and do not repost it.

We're checking the instant replay.

:matrix:
As you will.