Celestina007's occult biographies

For discussions on privacy implications, including BLP issues
Giraffe Stapler
Habitué
kołdry

Celestina007's occult biographies

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Sun May 01, 2022 5:36 pm

Have a look at the biography of Ebube Muonso. It contains this remarkable section:
Claim of bullets not penetrating his skin

On one of his sermons Muonso stated that on one occasion, assassins shot multiple times at him at close range but miraculously no bullet penetrated his skin.[10]
That's not something one sees in most biographies, but this is the work of Celestina007. They also created an article about Iyke Nathan Uzorma (T-H-L), a "former occult grandmaster", Olumba Olumba (T-H-L), who may or may not be immortal, and Eddy Nawgu (T-H-L), sorcerer. There are probably more. (I'm very curious about the content of BURNYOURSELF (T-H-L) if any admin feels like sending me a copy...)

Based on their userpage and some other episodes, I think that Celestina007 is pretty obviously mentally unwell. There may also be some Nigerian cultural elements that I am not familiar with, but none of those articles would exist if they were about dudes from Texas who claimed to be bulletproof.

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Re: Celestina007's occult biographies

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Sun May 01, 2022 5:58 pm

Found another one. Pericoma Okoye (T-H-L)
Traditional religion

Okoye whilst alive was as much a famous sorcerer as he was a musician[9] as described by the Nigerian News outlet, Legit.[10] His title 'Arusi Makaja' also hints as this, as 'Arusi' when translated to English language means 'deity'. His numerous victories during the Ito-Ebule competition during the Ikeji festival earned him the alias “Lion of Africa”.[5] Okoye's most notable display of supernatural powers as reported by various notable Nigerian media, was in Anambra state where he made three tax collectors who approached him in bid to inquire about his tax status incapable of moving their legs whilst standing[11][12] and causing them to be affixed to a particular spot for several hours.[10][13]

AndyTheGrump
Habitué
Wikipedia User: AndyTheGrump (editor/heckler)

Unread post by AndyTheGrump » Sun May 01, 2022 6:05 pm

Giraffe Stapler wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:58 pm
Found another one. Pericoma Okoye (T-H-L)
Traditional religion

Okoye whilst alive was as much a famous sorcerer as he was a musician[9] as described by the Nigerian News outlet, Legit.[10] His title 'Arusi Makaja' also hints as this, as 'Arusi' when translated to English language means 'deity'. His numerous victories during the Ito-Ebule competition during the Ikeji festival earned him the alias “Lion of Africa”.[5] Okoye's most notable display of supernatural powers as reported by various notable Nigerian media, was in Anambra state where he made three tax collectors who approached him in bid to inquire about his tax status incapable of moving their legs whilst standing[11][12] and causing them to be affixed to a particular spot for several hours.[10][13]
Yikes. Your first example was merely a report that a Catholic priest claimed to be bulletproof. Which (Nigerian cultural elements aside, though they may very well be there) is really no more noteworthy than said priest claiming to turn baked goods into deities. The second one however seems to suggest that 'supernatural powers' are real, in Wikipedia's voice. I suspect that accusing someone of using such powers for the purposes of tax evasion would be a violation of WP:BLP, though on checking I see that Okoye is no longer among the living. Not good though anyway.

gentlegnome
Contributor

Unread post by gentlegnome » Sun May 01, 2022 6:11 pm

The Iyke Uzorma article is interesting. Most of the references are to his own book and website. One is to a textbook chapter titled It’s All Academic: Google Scholar, Scirus, and Windows Live Academic Search. The full text is behind a paywall, but I'd be surprised if it had anything to say about Nigerian occult grandmasters.

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun May 01, 2022 6:27 pm

It's a common theme for her.

Threats of African sorcery against her
Having received threats my self, I have no problem with OP calling this threat a variety of fertilizer. --Deepfriedokra (talk) 09:35, 12 July 2020 (UTC)

(ec) The behavior of Celestina007 is not exemplary here either. If you think the user is evading a block, report block evasion. If you think this is promotional editing, report promotional editing. I have seen people literally attacked by socks for days, and becoming incivil, and at least I see how it may be excused. It does not seem to be the case here.--Ymblanter (talk) 09:39, 12 July 2020 (UTC)

I support the deletion and block, and would also request Celestina007 refrains from inflaming these sorts of situations in the future. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 09:41, 12 July 2020 (UTC)

@Ritchie333 & Ymblanter, well I guess you are both correct. I’d do better next time. Celestina007 (talk) 09:47, 12 July 2020 (UTC)
Narrator, "She didn't do better..."

Seems odd that they keep giving her additional tiny hats when she's obviously unfit to edit in anything related to the occult.
Celestina007 talk contribs‏‎ (autopatrolled, extended confirmed user, page mover, IP block exempt, mass message sender, new page reviewer, pending changes reviewer, rollbacker) (Created on 17 October 2016 at 20:06)
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Mason
Habitué

Unread post by Mason » Sun May 01, 2022 8:18 pm

Giraffe Stapler wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:36 pm
I'm very curious about the content of BURNYOURSELF (T-H-L)
Merely a redirect to Wikipedia:Don’t burn yourself (T-H-L)

extcord
Contributor

Unread post by extcord » Wed May 04, 2022 4:37 am

How is Celestina autopatrolled with such a poor command of English and MOS?? The random italics make me lose my mind.

Beeblebrox
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Just Step Sideways

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Wed May 04, 2022 8:59 pm

extcord wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 4:37 am
How is Celestina autopatrolled with such a poor command of English and MOS?? The random italics make me lose my mind.
08:20, 6 January 2020 Rosguill talk contribs block changed group membership for Celestina007 from page mover (temporary, until 15:00, 31 March 2020), extended confirmed user, pending changes reviewer and rollbacker to page mover (temporary, until 15:00, 31 March 2020), extended confirmed user, pending changes reviewer, rollbacker and autopatrolled (Followed up with me after a decline at request for perms having addressed the outstanding issues) (

It looks like at the time of her request for the permission she had created about 35 articles and had no recent deletions. That's about all that is required, it's not expected that the articles be perfect.
information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom

extcord
Contributor

Unread post by extcord » Wed May 04, 2022 10:19 pm

I guess some admins are more lenient than others. I habitually check WP:PERM and often see Schwede asking about obscure MOS issues for users that should otherwise be an easy pass.

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Fri May 06, 2022 6:51 pm

In today's news that only I care about, Celestina007 seems to be following the Wikipedia tradition of calling anything you don't like "vandalism". An IP changed a couple of names in Eddy Nawgu, explaining:
Correct tge surname to Okeke instead of Nawgu, Nawgu is a town and not Eddy Okeke's surname, the people from the town find it offensive to use the town's name to substiute the surname which is Okeke
It sounds reasonable to me, but they were reverted by Celestina007 as "Vandalism / POV-pushing". I'm not sure what the POV pushng part is. It also made me notice that Eddy Nawgu is in category:Nigerian magicians which is, um, interesting.

Also today, this edit to Olumba Olumba (who you may remember as being possibly immortal). Celestina007 removed the birth and death year with the edit summary "Vitality status is still debated thus I’m proceeding to remove all information regarding his dob". Wikipedia really needs to have a policy about how to handle the reported deaths of allegedly immortal people like Olumba Olumba. What do we do in the case of Elvis Presley and Sathya Sai Baba?

And this isn't apparently just Celestina007 being Socratic about Olumba Olumba possibly being alive because of a lack of good sources about their death of anything like that. Celestina007 added Olumba Olumba to List of people claimed to be immortal in myth and legend (T-H-L).
Olumba Olumba (born 1918) is a Nigerian religious leader and founder of Brotherhood of the Cross and Star, an alleged evil cult and new religion. Olumba claimed to be the Abrahamic God[10] in human form. Members of his religion as well as third party occult experts claim he is immortal.[11]
That reference link doesn't go to "thrid party occult experts" making that claim. It goes to a Google books search result for a book published by the Brotherhood of Cross and Star, so just about as worthless a source as you could find.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Fri May 06, 2022 8:59 pm

Giraffe Stapler wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 6:51 pm
...Celestina007 removed the birth and death year with the edit summary "Vitality status is still debated thus I’m proceeding to remove all information regarding his dob". Wikipedia really needs to have a policy about how to handle the reported deaths of allegedly immortal people like Olumba Olumba. What do we do in the case of Elvis Presley and Sathya Sai Baba?
I guess they could add the word "disputed" after one or both dates, and then just not say why or what to do about it...? :unsure: They already have a "{{disputed inline}}" thingy, which I see was added here by Ms. Celestina a few weeks ago... maybe they could make a new "alternative" inline template that doesn't include the word "discuss" when rendered.

His followers say that OOO was born on Dec. 30, 1918, but that's a little too close to Christmas for most Wikipedians, and they probably don't want to confuse anyone.

Apparently he gave sight to a blind woman only three days after his birth, as she was holding him. But that would have been Jan. 2, 1919, the day after New Year's, so I'm guessing she just had a hangover.

Also, it's a good thing Olumba Olumba Obu never became President of Nigeria, because then, well, "POOO."

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Sat May 07, 2022 3:01 am

Celestina007 decided today would be a good day to remove a few sections from their talk page, including the links to occult articles and the section on their spirituality.
My Spirituality

In this edit my tutor Barkeep49 references my "Spirituality" and after that I began to check my edits and it dawned on me how my edit pattern subconsciously points to the fact I am a spiritual person. I am indeed a spiritual person, I believe in a Supreme intelligence, I agree with some of doctrines of Obeah and Ifá taught by traditional priests in the south eastern and south western parts of Nigeria respectively. I believe in attuning with the hidden cosmic laws of nature taught at the hidden mystery schools in Egypt to materialize or manifest destiny or whatever your desire is. I believe in the doctrine of the latent powers of the soul (spiritual powers) taught at mystery schools in India & Sweden and how to manifest these powers through sacred teachings. I believe in past lives and reincarnation taught by Eckankar. I believe the earth to be an expression of the Supreme Intelligence. I believe in the doctrine of mind over matter as taught by Uri Geller. Although I strongly disagree with the doctrines of the Aetherius Society I believe in the aspect of their teachings that admonishes us to pray for world peace.

egg
Contributor

Unread post by egg » Sun May 08, 2022 7:27 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =747025679
Controversy

The controversial video of Iyke's purported 'deliverance' at The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations, led by Pastor T.B. Joshua went viral and led to intense debate on social media.[5] The 'evil spirit' supposedly confessed that it was behind Iyke's inability to get married.[6]

He found himself in a whole new enormous controversy, this allegedlly is what provoked the Nigerian Actor and made him go underground to have his peace of mind, what was this controversy ? The daughter of a Nigerian Businessman accused him of impregnating her , hereby stirred up so much controversy.

Personal Life

Jim iyke is also into martial arts making him the only Nigerian Actor to achieve this. Reminding you again why he is Top ten Greatest Nigerians to walk earth.

Boing! said Zebedee
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Boing! said Zebedee

Unread post by Boing! said Zebedee » Sun May 08, 2022 8:45 am

...I believe in the doctrine of mind over matter as taught by Uri Geller...
That's the bit that really screams "Look how dumb I am!"

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Sun May 08, 2022 4:03 pm

I don't think we want to get into Nigerian actor biographies. That would lead to a discussion of Nigerian sources which any sane project would declare as not reliable for just about anything but most definitely not for BLPs.

AndyTheGrump
Habitué

Unread post by AndyTheGrump » Sun May 08, 2022 6:07 pm

Giraffe Stapler wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 4:03 pm
I don't think we want to get into Nigerian actor biographies.
We definitely don't want to get into the Rita Edochie (T-H-L) if we want to know what this veteran actress actually did in her career. Presumably she acted in something or other at some point. Article doesn't say, though it does consider her endorsing Trump, and the inevitable spat over a Nigerian pastor's possibly non-deity-assisted cures for possibly non-existent ailments, to be worth including.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun May 08, 2022 6:17 pm

Holy shit. That article is an obvious violation of WP:BLP.

Someone please take that crap to AfD or speedy delete it.

Delete and salt.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

AndyTheGrump
Habitué

Unread post by AndyTheGrump » Sun May 08, 2022 6:28 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 6:17 pm
Someone please take that crap to AfD or speedy delete it.
I was thinking about that myself, though I was more inclined to just chop out the Trump and pastor-scam sections. Unfortunately, if I do it now, I'm opening myself up to accusations of editing on behalf of a banned user...

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Sun May 08, 2022 6:34 pm

AndyTheGrump wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 6:28 pm
I was thinking about that myself, though I was more inclined to just chop out the Trump and pastor-scam sections. Unfortunately, if I do it now, I'm opening myself up to accusations of editing on behalf of a banned user...
Say what? Are you calling me a banned user?

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun May 08, 2022 6:37 pm

AndyTheGrump wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 6:28 pm
I'm not banned so I'm suuure you're safe...

:rubs hands in anticipation:

AndyTheGrump
Habitué

Unread post by AndyTheGrump » Sun May 08, 2022 6:53 pm

Apologies. Evidently I've misinformed myself. Perhaps the result of reading your posts aloud in a voice that sounds like someone who surely deserves to be banned, if not hanged for piracy on the high seas. :evilgrin:

I've edited the page already, with my customary axe, which deals with the immediate problem anyway. I'd also left a 'disclosure' on the talk page, which I will amend shortly to rectify the my gross. calumny...

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun May 08, 2022 7:00 pm

AndyTheGrump wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 6:53 pm
Apologies. Evidently I've misinformed myself. Perhaps the result of reading your posts aloud in a voice that sounds like someone who surely deserves to be banned, if not hanged for piracy on the high seas. :evilgrin:
Don't threaten me with a good time...
AndyTheGrump wrote:I've edited the page already, with my customary axe, which deals with the immediate problem anyway. I'd also left a 'disclosure' on the talk page, which I will amend shortly to rectify the my gross. calumny...
Kids these days...