HRIP7
Denizen
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Jayen466
Wikipedia Review Member: HRIP7
Actual Name: Andreas Kolbe

Debi Gliori

Unread post by HRIP7 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Debi Gliori (T-H-L) is a Scottish author and illustrator of children's books who has recently complained of a campaign of cyberbullying directed against her.

Part of this campaign seems to be playing out in Wikipedia, where her article now has a large controversy section devoted to the campaign. Here is some background, and here is an impenetrable ANI thread started by an IP ...

ET1
Wikipedia User: Esowteric

Re: Debi Gliori

Unread post by ET1 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:01 pm

HRIP7 wrote:Part of this campaign seems to be playing out in Wikipedia, where her article now has a large controversy section devoted to the campaign.
Hi Andreas and friends, thanks for opening this discussion. It started out as a stub article with a controversy section that looked like it was a POV attack on Debi Gliori. Of couse as a human being, I'd rather that there was no controversy at all, but now, given the coverage in the Guardian and the lead to a Times review, I felt that as a Wikipedian, I should attempt to tell the whole story, without going into the next level of intricate detail. Edits to this are more than welcome.

The IP has now made a legal threat and got himself banned from Wikipedia, as well. However, I'm sure this will not be the last we hear from him.

iii
Habitué
Wikipedia User: ජපස
Wikipedia Review Member: iii

Unread post by iii » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:43 pm

ET1 wrote:...I felt that as a Wikipedian, I should attempt to tell the whole story....
This is a sentiment onto which we all ought to work to put the kibosh. It is the origin of much of what is wrong with Wikipedia's amateur encyclopedia writing. The best articles are not exhaustive, in spite of that altogether idiotic mantra about "free access to the sum of all human knowledge" (as if such a compendium would even be desirable).

ET1

Unread post by ET1 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Well, the user has now added a statement to his talk page, with my real world name.

Moonage Daydream
Habitué

Unread post by Moonage Daydream » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:15 pm

Reviewing Pure Dead Brilliant in The Guardian, missylybmouse wrote that the book was filled with action, amusement and also nonsense. The reviewer recommended this "amazing book" to all ages, stating that it provided a laugh, a scare and tension.
Keep up the good work, Esowteric!

ET1

Unread post by ET1 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Moonage Daydream wrote:
Reviewing Pure Dead Brilliant in The Guardian, missylybmouse wrote that the book was filled with action, amusement and also nonsense. The reviewer recommended this "amazing book" to all ages, stating that it provided a laugh, a scare and tension.
Keep up the good work, Esowteric!
:Sorry, the edits were rather rushed and I wanted to dilute the controversy section.

ET1

Unread post by ET1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Here we go again. Back at AN/I, by me this time.

Edit by Zoloft: here's a handy link!

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:54 pm

I'd add this to the biography info on our wiki, but it's just too stupid......sorry.....