WP Sado-Masochism Festival — It's 2018 Arbcom Election Time!

Discussions on Wikimedia governance
Dysklyver
Cornishman
kołdry
Actual Name: Arthur Kerensa
Nom de plume: Dysk

WP Sado-Masochism Festival — It's 2018 Arbcom Election Time!

Unread post by Dysklyver » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:36 am

Wikipedia:Arbitration Committee Elections December 2018 (T-H-L)

Nominations are now open!

Being sacked, are current arbs:
Doug Weller (T-C-L)
DGG (T-C-L)
Mkdw (T-C-L)
DeltaQuad (T-C-L)
Euryalus (T-C-L)
Ks0stm (T-C-L)
Newyorkbrad (T-C-L)

Being appointed, is one of my old socks, some of the previous arbs, and some new gullible people. So far the people that are going to run are not known so keep an eye out for candidates putting their names up for the tomato pelting contest that is RFA MKIII.
Globally banned after 7 years.

Kumioko
Muted
Wikipedia User: Kumioko; Reguyla
Nom de plume: Persona non grata

Re: WP Sado-Masochism Festival — It's 2018 Arbcom Election T

Unread post by Kumioko » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:47 am

Every single one of the above arbs needs to get sacked. They haven't done a thing since they got elected and some of them shouldn't have been elected in the first place.

There is a trend that people who get OS or CU in the past year or so tend to run so some obvious ones I think will run:
* Oshwah (T-C-L) has pretty much turned into a hat collector so he'll probably give it a shot
* TheSandDoctor (T-C-L)
* L235 (T-C-L) has been working as a clerk for a long time and according to his wall "he's an administrator here on the English Wikipedia, which means I'm here to help out around here" cause, you know, regular editors can't help and aren't trusted!

I suspect there will be a couple regulars again. Maybe WTT or NYB will go back. It's really hard to say these days since Arbcom is such a waste even people who once believed in it don't really care much for it. I think this might be a year when they don't have enough people to fill the vacating seats but we'll see.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:58 am

Kumioko wrote:Every single one of the above arbs needs to get sacked. They haven't done a thing since they got elected and some of them shouldn't have been elected in the first place.

There is a trend that people who get OS or CU in the past year or so tend to run so some obvious ones I think will run:
* Oshwah (T-C-L) has pretty much turned into a hat collector so he'll probably give it a shot
* TheSandDoctor (T-C-L)
* L235 (T-C-L) has been working as a clerk for a long time and according to his wall "he's an administrator here on the English Wikipedia, which means I'm here to help out around here" cause, you know, regular editors can't help and aren't trusted!

I suspect there will be a couple regulars again. Maybe WTT or NYB will go back. It's really hard to say these days since Arbcom is such a waste even people who once believed in it don't really care much for it. I think this might be a year when they don't have enough people to fill the vacating seats but we'll see.
Actually, what comes first is the year that the Federation of Cliques (aka Cabal) has to deign to electing a non-administrator to the committee.

This is always the most interesting period of Wikipolitics of the year...

RfB

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:45 pm

True! In these times it will never happen. The admins are so entrenched they will never allow that to happen and if it did it would be like that time the Skywalker kid was elected to the Jedi Council and wasn't allowed to have full rights...dark times came after that, dark times!

Emblyn
Contributor
Actual Name: Emblyn

Unread post by Emblyn » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:09 pm

What checks are made on the candidates age?

Eric Corbett
Retired
Wikipedia User: Eric Corbett
Actual Name: Eric Corbett

Unread post by Eric Corbett » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:14 pm

Emblyn wrote:What checks are made on the candidates age?
None, although the WMF will claim otherwise.

Dysklyver
Cornishman

Unread post by Dysklyver » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:16 pm

Eric Corbett wrote:
Emblyn wrote:What checks are made on the candidates age?
None, although the WMF will claim otherwise.
Ya they claim to check ID, but there is ample evidence that they either don't or can't tell if it's fake.

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:25 pm

I have my fingers crossed that this will be the year they won't get enough people to fill the seats. It comes closer every year to that happening and after the last couple years of the Arbcom doing absolutely nothing of use, the time might be now.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:59 pm

Kumioko wrote:I have my fingers crossed that this will be the year they won't get enough people to fill the seats. It comes closer every year to that happening and after the last couple years of the Arbcom doing absolutely nothing of use, the time might be now.
Last year was the first year when I really wondered, there were barely enough quote-unquote "qualified" candidates running to fill the available seats (n+1 to fill n seats).

There are all sorts of potential tweaks that can be made, however, such as reduction of the size of the body. It's too large to be efficient as it stands — something that was really obvious a few years ago when they couldn't hit a deadline to save their mommas from a housefire...

They could also make it a three year term with 50% fewer seats up each year, or devolve some of the committee's duties to make the job less onerous. Or they could make it a paid position — WMF is loaded and these are generally the kind of people they like to "reward"...

RfB

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:Or they could make it a paid position — WMF is loaded and these are generally the kind of people they like to "reward"...

RfB
I don't think they'd do that. It would mean that they had to accept some responsibility for what their paid agents did. It's the same with stewards and CUs.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Dysklyver
Cornishman

Unread post by Dysklyver » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:31 am

First up, is Fred Bauder (T-C-L).

His nomination statement.
Fred Bauder autotune wrote:I would like to return to the Arbitration Committee. I took part in the original discussions that resulted in creation of the committee. In large part that discussion revolved around swearing a lot, one of the most important admin tasks on Wikipedia. My history as an arbitrator is boring, I served for several years... As an arbitrator, I would emphasize wasting time arguing about swear words. I don't have the time or energy I had 10 years ago when I didn't do much anyway, so when I don't contribute to the work of the Committee you only have yourselves to blame.

I will fully comply with the criteria for access to non-public data by emailing the WMF and saying yes to their agreement. All my past socks have been vaguely mentioned to some fellow Arbitration Committee member in the past, although I do not remember the names of any of my socks other than Fredbauder. I think there is another one that I used for vote stacking but I better not mention that.
Can't say I expected this, but whatcha know.

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:56 am

That is surprising but I also doubt he'll get selected.

Most candidates will show up on the last day to minimize discussion.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:34 pm

To be fair to Fred (and you may argue whether he deserves it), here are his actual words.
I would like to return to the Arbitration Committee. I took part in the original discussions that resulted in creation of the committee. In large part that discussion revolved around civility, one of the pillars of Wikipedia. My history as an arbitrator is complicated, I served for several years... As an arbitrator now, I would emphasize re-establishing civility as a central policy. I don't have the time or energy I had 10 years ago, but I think I could effectively contribute to the work of the Committee.

I will fully comply with the criteria for access to non-public data. All prior and alternative accounts have been declared to the Arbitration Committee in the past, although I do not remember the names of any of them other than Fredbauder (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log). I think there is one with a few edits.
linkhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... red_Bauder[/link]

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Fred Bauder is an Original Recipe Cabalite. (User ID #5190 — I came on in 2008 and my number is 8,606,792...)

He'll probably draw a shit-ton of NO votes in addition to support from the usual suspects. He doesn't have a prayer in a big field, might sneak in in a small field.

RfB

Dysklyver
Cornishman

Unread post by Dysklyver » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:24 pm

Poetlister wrote:To be fair to Fred (and you may argue whether he deserves it), here are his actual words.
I would like to return to the Arbitration Committee. I took part in the original discussions that resulted in creation of the committee. In large part that discussion revolved around civility, one of the pillars of Wikipedia. My history as an arbitrator is complicated, I served for several years... As an arbitrator now, I would emphasize re-establishing civility as a central policy. I don't have the time or energy I had 10 years ago, but I think I could effectively contribute to the work of the Committee.

I will fully comply with the criteria for access to non-public data. All prior and alternative accounts have been declared to the Arbitration Committee in the past, although I do not remember the names of any of them other than Fredbauder (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log). I think there is one with a few edits.
I think my autotune version was pretty accurate. :evilgrin:

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Dysklyver wrote:
Poetlister wrote:To be fair to Fred (and you may argue whether he deserves it), here are his actual words.

I think my autotune version was pretty accurate. :evilgrin:
I'm not entirely sure why Fred is off on the Civility hobby horse. Then again, I don't really understand why he would run for Arbcom after understanding the nature of Arbcom from past experience. Is life that dull? Is that really how you want to spend the second half of your 70s???

RfB
Fred B. wrote:I am a retired lawyer living near Crestone, Colorado who now sells used books. I have a website Redbaud.com which offers information about books with some other links. It is especially useful for locating books. See also Wikinfo, also called Internet-Encyclopedia, a fork of Wikipedia. I remain involved on Wikipedia, do some editing and serve as as one of the Wikipedia:Arbitrators. I am Tiktok on BatMUD. (April 2004)
linkhttps://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... id=6077647[/link]
Fred B. wrote:I am retired and live in Crestone, Colorado. I am the founder of Wikinfo, a fork of Wikipedia. I began editing Wikipedia as Fredbauder (talk · contribs · logs · edit filter log · block log) in February, 2002 and remain involved, do some editing and administrative chores and served as one of the Wikipedia:Arbitrators until January 1, 2008. I have oversight and checkuser access. If you are interested in water resources and related issues, please see WaterWiki on Wikicities. Since my "retirement" I have been getting Wikinfo and WaterWiki up to speed and working on MUD Wiki and Rainbow Family Wiki.... (March 2009)
linkhttps://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =277453426[/link]

The May 2013 iteration of Fred's user page links to this now 404ed essay on Civility:

linkhttps://web.archive.org/web/20120612132 ... vility.htm[/link]

This quotation from his current user page, borrowed from a factory inspector commenting on Chinese manufacturing, resonates in an interesting way in the context of Wikipedia:
"It starts as a dream, then it becomes an organization, and it finally ends up as a racket."
RfB
Last edited by Randy from Boise on Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mason
Habitué

Unread post by Mason » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:49 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:I'm not entirely sure why Fred is off on the Civility hobby horse.
Possibly the "fuck off" RFC? I wouldn't be surprised if he's not the only one who runs based at least in part on the premise that the Community has failed spectacularly to sort out such things by itself.

Dysklyver
Cornishman

Unread post by Dysklyver » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Patient Zero (T-C-L) now running. :B'

In the most uncanvassy way, I will point out that this is the candidate everyone should vote for.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Dysklyver wrote:Patient Zero (T-C-L) now running. :B'

In the most uncanvassy way, I will point out that this is the candidate everyone should vote for.
That's going to be the kiss of death, an endorsement on here!

Dysklyver
Cornishman

Unread post by Dysklyver » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:11 pm

Poetlister wrote:
Dysklyver wrote:Patient Zero (T-C-L) now running. :B'

That's going to be the kiss of death, an endorsement on here!
:blink:

Never mind, next up is Robert McClenon (T-C-L) who I seem to recall failed to become an admin at RFA, and is therefore stuck in doing new page patrol or something.

Disgruntled haddock
Critic

Unread post by Disgruntled haddock » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:54 pm

If DGG runs again, what's the over/under on the number of blatant spelling/grammatical mistakes in his nomination statement?

Anroth
Nice Scum

Unread post by Anroth » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:58 pm

I will take someone who can think straight even if they write wonky.

Ming
the Merciless

Unread post by Ming » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:29 am

Dysklyver wrote:First up, is Fred Bauder (T-C-L).
Author of the legendarily bad BADSITES decision.

Beeblebrox
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Just Step Sideways

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:12 am

I think I could a find a lot to say about at least two of the three current candidates, but I just can’t even deal before the real-world election tomorrow. Maybe after as well, depends how it goes....
information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:03 am

Beeblebrox wrote:I think I could a find a lot to say about at least two of the three current candidates, but I just can’t even deal before the real-world election tomorrow. Maybe after as well, depends how it goes....
If you didnt have anything to say about the three so far I'd be surprised. None of these are the arbs the project or the community need...but they are the ones they deserve!

turnedworm
Critic
Wikipedia User: Worm That Turned
Actual Name: Dave Craven

Unread post by turnedworm » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:38 am

Kumioko wrote:... I suspect there will be a couple regulars again. Maybe WTT or NYB will go back..
Not me. I am utterly ineligible this year. Simply not allowed to stand.

Boing! said Zebedee
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Boing! said Zebedee

Unread post by Boing! said Zebedee » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:57 am

turnedworm wrote:
Kumioko wrote:... I suspect there will be a couple regulars again. Maybe WTT or NYB will go back..
Not me. I am utterly ineligible this year. Simply not allowed to stand.
Ah, ha, management decision, presumably :B'

Jim
Blue Meanie
Wikipedia User: Begoon
Wikipedia Review Member: Jim

Unread post by Jim » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Or being halfway through a two-year term.

Boing! said Zebedee
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Boing! said Zebedee

Unread post by Boing! said Zebedee » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:14 pm

Jim wrote:Or being halfway through a two-year term.
Or that, yes :blink:

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:32 pm

Robert McClenon (T-C-L) is not an administrator, but if there is going to be a non-administrator elected to Arbcom this year, it is probably him. McClenon is a party-line cabalist on the Civility and Paid Editing issues — two big things that make the hearts of insiders flutter, only apportionment of donor money gets a bigger rise — and he has been a prominent drama page doyen for years. Why he is NOT already an administrator is actually the huge question... I don't have the answer to that, one would think he would win the toolbox handily. Certainly, if he had really wanted some reasonable chance of winning election to Arbcom — his natural realm — he would have added that flag this past year.

I think McClenon is actually ideally suited for the job, being rather obsessed with the backroom politics of the site and cudgeling down enemies of the people rather than writing content or performing content maintenance. But, unlike somebody like Baseball Bugs (T-C-L), for example, he's not a drone bee and actually puts time and effort into what he does.

If there are a (n-1) so-called "qualified" candidates for n seats this year, look for Robert to be the "extra." You heard it here first.

RfB

turnedworm
Critic

Unread post by turnedworm » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Of course... I wonder if I could have another seat... and another vote....

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Patient Zero (T-C-L) appears to have first appeared on the WP scene in January 2014 as a middle school student from Wales using the handle Chesnaught555.
linkhttps://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =589813188[/link]
"My school's name is Ysgol Gyfun Emlyn (it's Welsh and translates to Emlyn Comprehensive School)."
linkhttps://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =589814717[/link]

That makes him 18 years old MAYBE, and you pair that with the fact that he's not an Administrator and that's really about all that needs to be said. Ain't gonna be happening.

RfB

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:Why he is NOT already an administrator is actually the huge question... I don't have the answer to that, one would think he would win the toolbox handily. Certainly, if he had really wanted some reasonable chance of winning election to Arbcom — his natural realm — he would have added that flag this past year.
He last tried RFA in September 2017: Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/Robert McClenon 2 (T-H-L) and withdrew with the count at 66/76/22.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:45 pm

turnedworm wrote:
But do you really want to endure double the bullshit?

RfB

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Jim wrote:
Randy from Boise wrote:Why he is NOT already an administrator is actually the huge question... I don't have the answer to that, one would think he would win the toolbox handily. Certainly, if he had really wanted some reasonable chance of winning election to Arbcom — his natural realm — he would have added that flag this past year.
He last tried RFA in September 2017: Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/Robert McClenon 2 (T-H-L) and withdrew with the count at 66/76/22.
A real Catch-22 — too poor a record of content writing and content maintenance to gain the flag necessary for the one thing that he really wants (and for which, arguably, he is most qualified — a seat on Arbcom)...

RfB

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:02 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:Patient Zero (T-C-L) appears to have first appeared on the WP scene in January 2014 as a middle school student from Wales using the handle Chesnaught555.
I remember him. He spent a lot of time at AN/I parroting cliches, closing threads that didn't need closing, usually with inept platitudes, and generally making himself look rather silly in an attempt to be one of the "cool kids", coming across as someone who'd read and misunderstood the apocryphal work "How to be an Admin in 6 months". If he was only 15 or 16 then that explains a lot.

turnedworm
Critic

Unread post by turnedworm » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:32 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
turnedworm wrote:
But do you really want to endure double the bullshit?

RfB
Point taken.

Dysklyver
Cornishman

Unread post by Dysklyver » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:05 pm

Jim wrote:
Randy from Boise wrote:Patient Zero (T-C-L) appears to have first appeared on the WP scene in January 2014 as a middle school student from Wales using the handle Chesnaught555.
I remember him. He spent a lot of time at AN/I parroting cliches, closing threads that didn't need closing, usually with inept platitudes, and generally making himself look rather silly in an attempt to be one of the "cool kids", coming across as someone who'd read and misunderstood the apocryphal work "How to be an Admin in 6 months". If he was only 15 or 16 then that explains a lot.
He claims to be "exactly 19 years and 0 months of age" in his nomination statement, which also mentions his A-Levels and the fact he is now a law student.

Eric Corbett
Retired
Wikipedia User: Eric Corbett
Actual Name: Eric Corbett

Unread post by Eric Corbett » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Dysklyver wrote:
Jim wrote:
He claims to be "exactly 19 years and 0 months of age" in his nomination statement, which also mentions his A-Levels and the fact he is now a law student.
He seems to bear a striking resemblance to you.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:36 pm

EIGHT
is the number of Arbcom seats being filled this year.

So far we have, in order of Expected Vote:

1. Fred Bauder
--------------------
2. Robert McClenon

========= 50% Line ==========

3. Patient Zero

RfB

turnedworm
Critic

Unread post by turnedworm » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:45 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:EIGHT
is the number of Arbcom seats being filled this year.

So far we have, in order of Expected Vote:

1. Fred Bauder
--------------------
2. Robert McClenon

========= 50% Line ==========

3. Patient Zero
RfB
Not quite, SIX is the number of seats being filled this year.

The committee size is reducing to 13, per the RfC, this tranche is reducing to 6, the other to 7. As Alex's resignation was from the other tranche and therefore doesn't need to be filled, we've just got to find 6 new (or old) faces.

EDIT: Also worth noting, the new 60% line required for 2 year terms. 50% only gets you a 1 year term

WhoReallyCares
Critic

Unread post by WhoReallyCares » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:51 pm

Eric Corbett wrote:
Dysklyver wrote:
Jim wrote:
He seems to bear a striking resemblance to you.
Per the opening post: "Being appointed, is one of my old socks ......"

And yes, I'm probably just as puzzled as you are.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:22 pm

WhoReallyCares wrote:Per the opening post: "Being appointed, is one of my old socks ......"

I should (and almost certainly will) split the thread here, but I guess we're supposed to assume Mr. Dysklyver (Arthur Kerensa) and our more recently-registered member Emblyn (Emblyn Kerensa) are... Husband and wife? Brother and sister? Father and daughter? I saw that Emblyn is supposed to have taken this photo, which was uploaded via Arthur's account (the User:Emblyn Kerensa (T-C-L) account was already blocked as part of Mr. Dysklyver's "sock farm"). But beyond that, no apparent web footprint.

Dysklyver
Cornishman

Unread post by Dysklyver » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:11 pm

WhoReallyCares wrote:Per the opening post: "Being appointed, is one of my old socks ......"
Speculation already I see. :ermm:
Can't be my sock, as he is from Wales and that's miles away. :D
Midsize Jake wrote:Brother and sister?
Ya ;)
Randy from Boise wrote:I think McClenon is actually ideally suited for the job, being rather obsessed with the backroom politics of the site and cudgeling down enemies of the people rather than writing content or performing content maintenance.
Fair point, I expect how he does will (as you say) be entirely based on how many other candidates there are more popular than him.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:27 pm

Ming wrote:
Not to mention Bauder's Law:
Tsunami Butler was properly blocked as a sockpuppet. Such determinations are not based on checkuser but on aggressive editing which fits the same pattern as a banned user. Obviously a different person may be involved; the violation is mirroring the behavior of the banned editor.
Could some kind admin please get the full text of Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/SlimVirgin (T-H-L)? Its deletion log is fascinating, and I doubt that it should have been deleted.

Beeblebrox
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Just Step Sideways

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:40 pm

Poetlister wrote:
Ming wrote:
Tsunami Butler was properly blocked as a sockpuppet. Such determinations are not based on checkuser but on aggressive editing which fits the same pattern as a banned user. Obviously a different person may be involved; the violation is mirroring the behavior of the banned editor.
Could some kind admin please get the full text of Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/SlimVirgin (T-H-L)? Its deletion log is fascinating, and I doubt that it should have been deleted.
If what you’re looking for it is why Fred restored it, it was apparently considered relevant to an arbitration case, “FuelWagon v. Ed Poor”.

It’s been a while since we did user conduct RFCs but I thought the procedure was to close it if not properly certified, not delete it. There’s so much in that deletion log (and it was moved at least once to another title) it would be difficult to untangle.
information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom

Dysklyver
Cornishman

Unread post by Dysklyver » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:09 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:
Poetlister wrote:
Ming wrote:
If what you’re looking for it is why Fred restored it, it was apparently considered relevant to an arbitration case, “FuelWagon v. Ed Poor”.

It’s been a while since we did user conduct RFCs but I thought the procedure was to close it if not properly certified, not delete it. There’s so much in that deletion log (and it was moved at least once to another title) it would be difficult to untangle.
A case where one was desyoped and another banned...
Ed Poor has a history of misusing any permissions given him, which has resulted in Ed losing both his developer and bureaucrat access.
Passed 7-0
For repeated abuse of his sysop powers, both past and present, Ed Poor is desysopped. At his discretion, he may re-apply for them at Requests for adminship.
There is substantial evidence that FuelWagon has begun wiki-stalking SlimVirgin.
Passed 7-0
FuelWagon is banned for six months for extensive campaigns of harassment.

Curious.

I am not entirely sure where the community stands on this subject, of course a whole bunch of people hate Fred for various old grudges, and some will just disagree with his rather blunt style. But another group may really like him for his attitude, and he has been an arb before, and he is very long established.

DanMurphy
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Dan Murphy
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy

Unread post by DanMurphy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:48 pm

Fred Bauder lost his license to practice law in the wake of his asking the wife and current girlfriend of a divorce client to have sex with him for money. Bauder is an intense not of the body kind of guy.

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:25 am

Anyone want to have some fun, nominate me.:-)

In all seriousness though, most of the contestants won't even add their name until the last day to avoid discussions, so we still have some time left. From what I see though, none of the 3 have any chance of being elected.

Dysklyver
Cornishman

Unread post by Dysklyver » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:38 am

Kumioko wrote:Anyone want to have some fun, nominate me.:-)

In all seriousness though, most of the contestants won't even add their name until the last day to avoid discussions, so we still have some time left. From what I see though, none of the 3 have any chance of being elected.
Two non admins and the old guy no-one in their right mind would vote for. However I am not discounting Fred, he was an arb before and it was so long ago that the voters might not know or care whether he actually did a good job or has any redeeming personal features.