iii
Habitué
kołdry
Wikipedia User: ජපස
Wikipedia Review Member: iii

Re: SashiRolls requests a hearing

Unread post by iii » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:38 pm

Bezdomni wrote:
iii wrote:The dragging of feet is being done in hopes that you shoot yourself in the foot or flame out in agony. Patience is a virtue in this scenario and on Wikipedia generally.

Incidentally, if the SashiRolls account is going to get blocked again, can you make sure that it happens exactly 366 days after being unblocked? Thanks in advance.
Sorry bud, 363.

Well at least now we know that criticizing a mandarin like El C is the best way to get blocked. I wonder if they will continue editing 13 hours a day 7 days a week. I suggested that they should probably cut themselves a break as they were violating all sorts of labor laws making themselves work so much. I don't think they liked that much, given they gagged me for pointing it out.

Here is a permanent link to the information El C wanted to keep hidden. I do so hope Eternal Reaper (who first hid it after it had been sitting around for a month or two on en.wp) will come dance on my tomb (perhaps even here). ^^

:banana:
Dammit! That means GreenMeansGo wins the bet. :pinch:

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:21 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... SashiRolls

So now adding one external link to an alleged attack page is reason for instant indef block? This trumps even my block :XD
The problem with these full-time-job administrators (13/24 hours), is they find out how much abuse they can get away with, very quickly I must say: El C became active in March 2019 after a long hiatus. https://xtools.wmflabs.org/ec/en.wikipe ... nth-counts
Sashi wrote:Please provide evidence of any disruption. ... -- 20:25, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
ElC wrote:@SashiRolls: Your objection is noted. As is the aggressive, battleground tone. A pivotal reason why you should stay away from Tryptofish and the articles they edit. El_C 20:43, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
ElC is just casting aspersions. Typical, when an admin is building up a case to indef somebody. Sashi: you've been assassinated.
Sashi wasn't aggressive at all. ElC, however aggressively accused Sashi of anything that came to his mind. He's the one with a battleground behavior. Should be SanFranBanned.

Unrelated on-wiki quote from El C: "I will not reopen the ANI request, which I admit freely I did not review [but I closed it...]"
"egregious poor judgment"

It's interesting to see, that El C actually spends ca. 7*12 hours a week on wiki (mostly noticeboards).
One can assume, this provides a livelihood for him, that is to say he generates income with admining. Obviously it's not the wmf paying him.
Also one might ask whether there are more ElCs, to achieve this level of availability. Often El C is very eloquent, and careful, yet how he assassinated Sashi, was direct, rude and impatient. Sounds like a different person.

Now, revealing this probably shared account, and obviously paid admin would be quite the spectacle.
Pinging @Vigilant, le professionnel.

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:54 pm

Sashi's final words (http://archive.ph/IhGvq):
You mean a mandarin deleted it without any opinion from the community? Who was that mandarin again? {{u|Reaper Eternal}}.
You are right... I was aware I had violated the first rule of en.wp... do not criticize the mandarins, they will block you if you do.
:rotfl: Well, that was silly, but funny :XD

The deleted page: off-wiki (http://archive.ph/5L9Xc).

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:14 am

On EL_C's talk Page:

If you have the capacity to tremble with indignation every time that an injustice is committed in the world, then we are comrades. – Che.

That's all I really need to know about them.
Anyone who admires Che loves a callous, greedy, murderous thug.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Bezdomni
Habitué
Wikipedia User: RosasHills

Unread post by Bezdomni » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:28 am

Using my snazzy high-tech screen-cap lenses I took a photo of New York Brad ducking into this topic to check out El C's self-portrait. I hope it doesn't turn out to be too pixelated. ^^ It was funny too to see SPECIFICO (presumably accidentally) archiving Kingo's AE "case" an hour after El C closed it to protect KingoFaces from any errant boomeranging.

Much less funny was to read Roy Smith characterizing the facts about Trypto's vendetta against me (following me to every notice board) as a "crazed rant". (This while simultaneously saying that the speedy deletion of the page as a so-called "attack page" should be overturned.) It's remarkable how people who don't know what they're talking about permit themselves to assess the sanity of those who do. But, thankfully, those of us who have poked around in the mudpit are used to the abuse. I'll just point out that they were wrong too only a few hours earlier about the SPI report I filed on Sayerslle, which Bbb23 confirmed, blocked, tagged, bagged, etc. less than an hour later.

We'll see what ends up happening, but so far admins responding to wumbolo's filing at deletion review unanimously agree that the direct quotations and diffs I was compiling about Tryptofish's activism concerning me should not have been speedy deleted.

It's funny how all these people (New York Brad, SPECIFICO, Wumbolo) have been following my foibles in the mud.

Meanwhile, Trypto and KoF have been amusingly trying to get the "Monsanto Papers" deleted as a section header from the glyphosate article. Whether you agree or not with the concern about the ghostwriting, retractions & other Monsanto machinations about glyphosate (in particular writing to all the scientists who worked on the IARC Monograph saying that glyphosate was as cancerogenic as red meat), it doesn't really matter. The fact is that the Monsanto Papers were a phenomenon widely reported in "RS" all around the world. A quick websearch shows the term has been used internationally and that the reporting won more than one prize for journalism. But, that's not good enough for en.wp's Monsanto fans. Criticism is not even worthy of mention on en.wp and should be actively suppressed. (Amusingly enough, Trypto's first action after our mutual IBAN was also to eliminate information sourced to Le Monde about the Séralini Affair.) Again, whether you agree with the criticism or not, it's telling that RS are being removed in order to whitewash any negative PR that might result from them. A person who doesn't read (apparently) even swooped into the mainspace page on glyphosate to re-delete the subject header saying the section didn't even mention the Monsanto Papers. They really should have deleted the mention of the European Press Prize the reporting won in the section before they wrote that for maximum effect. ^^ Other than providing that sentence I don't believe I was involved in that section header question, but it's been a while, I'd have to look to see if I added it months ago. Nope, I looked. It turns out it was someone from the Berkmann-Klein center at Harvard, who had also added the NYT ref I was brought to AE for restoring (I only realized this later, having arrived directly at Kingo's removal edit). Perhaps they're doing research for a book on the wiki-compost heap? ^^

Meanwhile, in other news I see that in the last hours random folks are adding "citation needed" tags to the lede of an entry on the New Knowledge corporation that I wrote (for which there are ample citations in the body) and that my reversion of extremely strong statements sourced to a dubious & unverifiable source have been deleted on Mike Gabbard's page. In other words: big troll win! Great job, El C.

Now, do I think I've been assassinated? Summarily shot in the head like one of the people El Che decided was a traitor to the cause? Well, no, not really. I've just been the victim of an abuse of power that resulted in being blocked from a website on the internet. "Deplatformed" if you prefer. If it turns out that there isn't a massive rally to support RHaworth & Eternal Reaper's deletion of the evidence against Trypto (which I'm pretty sure there will be once word gets out), I will have been blocked for posting a link to a page that en.wp subsequently determined -- by community decision -- had been wrongly deleted as an "attack page". (This, days after having been brought to AE for making a single revert of the removal of a New York Times source about Monsanto by KoF). A typical day on the encyclopedia anyone could have written. (El C, Trypto & Kingo are all anonymous, of course.)

Is El C an Israeli role account? Well, their timecard suggests they never stop editing (though their recent history does suggest they take breaks to sleep and eat). I suspect this is more likely due to the fact that in their wiki-career they may have moved from one time-zone to another, but not being sure how the timecard function works exactly I can't say with certainty why it shows what it does. What is certain is that they are a pretty clever psy-op though (referring to people as users, invariably responding to the forme rather than the fond, etc.). And they are indeed a bit like that famous revolutionary who shot people in the head for criticizing them. I doubt they care too much about the "involved" policy in WP:ADMIN. Policy is for plebians (or serfs) not for the mandarins. Maybe they'll be the first to be desysopped once the community desysopping procedure gets going... that could be fun to watch. (I would have thought it would be another admin/oversighter, based on off-wiki murmurings, but you never know... for full disclosure, I think that it quite unlikely that desysopping initiative will lead to any change whatsoever... the bad apple mandarins are far too well protected by the unwitting good apples there in the barrel.)

exciting update:
Busybody Robert McClennon has popped into Deletion Review to opine on whether or not a page in my userspace should have been deleted or not. Of course, they can not see the page as they are not an admin. How much would you like to bet that they just want to get in a free penalty groin-kick by calling it a CRAZEDRANT (in all red caps thank you very much) for their buddy Trypto? I'm going to say odds are 1:1. Whatever the case may be, the current !vote is 3-0 that the evidence compilation page I was blocked for linking to should never have been speedy deleted as an "attack page" in the first place. ^^
los auberginos

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:01 am

Zoloft wrote:On EL_C's talk Page:
If you have the capacity to tremble with indignation every time that an injustice is committed in the world, then we are comrades. – Che.

Maybe he just doesn't know enough about Che to realise that.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:45 pm

Bezdomni wrote: Is El C an Israeli role account? Well, their timecard suggests they never stop editing (though their recent history does suggest they take breaks to sleep and eat). I suspect this is more likely due to the fact that in their wiki-career they may have moved from one time-zone to another, but not being sure how the timecard function works exactly I can't say with certainty why it shows what it does.
Looking at his last 5000 edits, going back to April, he edits mostly between 1500 and 0600 UTC. He likes chipmunks and other little furry animals, and lives where the woodchuck lives. Image

In 2006, he had pictures of Marx and Lenin on his fridge.

Pudeo
Regular

Unread post by Pudeo » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:26 pm

That certainly wasn't an attack page or a "webhost". Here's a May 2018 precedent for allowing a political laundry list to stay until it is submitted at an appropriate venue or requested to be deleted (no consensus, but a lot of the opposes were because the subpage had already existed for a month):
Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/User:MrX/w (T-H-L)

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:49 pm

Bezdomni wrote:Is El C an Israeli role account? Well, their timecard suggests they never stop editing (though their recent history does suggest they take breaks to sleep and eat). I suspect this is more likely due to the fact that in their wiki-career they may have moved from one time-zone to another, but not being sure how the timecard function works exactly ...
The timecard is a summary of all edits since registration. It looks like the user moved to another timezone.
Since March 2019 the online time was consistently between 1500 and 0600 UTC, 7 days a week, 12+ hours a day.

https://xtools.wmflabs.org/ec/en.wikipe ... ear-counts:
2009-2016 was 7 years of zero activity.
Bit was removed twice for inactivity: on 2011-07-03, returned after 2 months, just to lose again on 2013-10-01 (never used), and returned after 1 month, yet again not used until 2017.
A clear failure of the admin inactivity desysop procedures.

5 months of activity in first half of 2017, and 1 in 2018-01, then again 1 year of zero activity.
In March 2019 he jumped right into ANI, and took over the whole noticeboard - becoming the most active admin at that time -, blaming and setting up good faith editors, while protecting editors with admin friends.
Admins, like Bbb23 lined up behind him, supporting his biased decisions, with more egregious policing (tool abuse).

It's doubtful, that the original ElC one day had a turn in his life, and returned to full-time (+overtime) admin police chief role. It is more likely, that the account was transferred to another person with close ties to these admins, maybe an admin, who had to stop using a previous account. Was there any admin desysop / fall from grace not long before March?
The 7*12+ hours weekly activity also might be a sign, that more people operate this account now. Either that, or a no-lifer, like the British defaming guy, who was tracked down by a some media guy... will add link later.
One thing is for sure: this account is not used to make the encyclopedia better, but with an agenda, for personal gains (monetary implied).

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:15 pm

Pudeo wrote:That certainly wasn't an attack page or a "webhost".
Agree. I have never heard wikipedians say "evidence page" (well, except maybe in the recent arbcom case).

Admins, who have to censor evidence to cover their bases, often call these evidence pages "attack pages".
Not every editor is that corrupt, though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... October_31

Another ongoing evidence page deletion for another blocked user:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... oid7/Bbb23
Already deleted on meta: https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php? ... oid7/Bbb23
The evidence page is a bit immature, and easier to call an attack page: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Handroid7/Bbb23 (http://archive.fo/JnVx6)

Reporting abuse is risky...

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:17 am

In 2005, El_C's ISP was Bell in Canada. It now geolocates to Toronto. Coincidentally that's where the notorious Jayjg (T-C-L) is from.

They share similar interests.

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:09 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... d=15440002
I'm having difficulties staying logged in, so I gave up for now.
:facepalm:
tarantino wrote:Coincidentally that's where the notorious Jayjg (T-C-L) is from.
What?? "2411 results found."
It's a small wonder that query did not crash the servers.

Jayjg was stripped of CU and OS in 2009:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... privileges
Jayjg has engaged in repeated and extensive edit-warring ([48], [49], [50], [51], [52], [53], [54], [55], [56], [57], [58], [59], [60], [61]). :hats-off:
Last edited by Osborne on Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:16 am

Bezdomni wrote:exciting update: Busybody Robert McClennon has popped into Deletion Review to opine on whether or not a page in my userspace should have been deleted or not. Of course, they can not see the page as they are not an admin. How much would you like to bet that they just want to get in a free penalty groin-kick by calling it a CRAZEDRANT (in all red caps thank you very much) for their buddy Trypto? I'm going to say odds are 1:1.
Bingo. Changed to weak endorse.
Robert McClenon: "... and if everyone who has seen it agrees that it should stay or be deleted, it probably is an attack page, and in any case should be deleted."
Apparently, he has no individual thoughts, can only repeat others' opinion. Even then, the logic fails and he makes no sense. Maybe it's not that good idea after all, to put internet-connected computers in the asylums.

Tryptofish, the primary subject of the evidence page made 13 comments. Apparently he never heard the words conflict-of-interest and decency.

Johnuniq: "Endorse per WP:BURO. ... it was unequivocally a misuse of Wikipedia as a web host and an attack page."
Just does not know what he's talking about. Another admin, who interprets the rules to his liking.

El Che: "It is disruptive to continue to restore a deleted page that is deemed an attack page, be it directly, or by linking to it externally."
Is it? The proper word would be damaging (to one's image), but hey, both start with the letter D!

Disruptive is what ElC does, when he casts aspersions on Sashi:
El Che: "Your objection is noted. As is the aggressive, battleground tone. ... Your battleground tone is noted, again."
Sashi was surprisingly respectful in his communication. One would say, out of character :D
What's the answer of El C? Call a disagreement "aggressive, battleground tone". Egregious poor judgement again.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:57 pm

tarantino wrote:In 2005, El_C's ISP was Bell in Canada. It now geolocates to Toronto. Coincidentally that's where the notorious Jayjg (T-C-L) is from.

You need to say explicitly what you mean to say for those who might miss the subtlety...

El C (T-C-L) and Jayjg (T-C-L) are clearly the same person. Sockety sock sock sockety sock sock sock sock!

MASSIVE editing intersection. Absolutely impossible to be a coincidence...

Right?

RfB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:01 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:El C (T-C-L) and Jayjg (T-C-L) are clearly the same person. Sockety sock sock sockety sock sock sock sock!

Right?

RfB
The evidence is strong. I'm not sure that it's beyond a reasonable doubt, but I can understand why Rand is convinced.

Alex Shih
Regular
Wikipedia User: Alex Shih
Actual Name: Alex Shih

Unread post by Alex Shih » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:27 pm

Admin socking? Wouldn't be the first. Although I think it's probably merely a case of two person knowing each other.

Black Kite
Regular
Wikipedia User: Black Kite

Unread post by Black Kite » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:06 pm

Mmm. Accounts created in 2003 and 2004, so that'd probably be a record. Their time cards are very different, though.

Bezdomni
Habitué

Unread post by Bezdomni » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:07 pm

Just looking at Jayjg's most recent edits shows that both El C & Jayjg were saving contribs at exactly the same time on September 5 & 6, 2019. I don't think Tarantino is suggesting that they are the same individual.

ps: I've been unblocked again. Wikipedians are still fighting over whether my page of citations should stay deleted or not, despite the fact that I told them that if they return it to my userspace, I'll blank at (or tag it for U1 deletion). Some folks really want it to be called an attack page instead. Their involvement in that page really helps critics to see what they are made of.
los auberginos

Pudeo
Regular

Unread post by Pudeo » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:19 pm

Bezdomni wrote:
ps: I've been unblocked again. Wikipedians are still fighting over whether my page of citations should stay deleted or not, despite the fact that I told them that if they return it to my userspace, I'll blank at (or tag it for U1 deletion). Some folks really want it to be called an attack page instead. Their involvement in that page really helps critics to see what they are made of.
How do you comment the claims that you are topic-banned from GMOs?

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:25 pm

Bezdomni wrote:Wikipedians are still fighting over whether my page of citations should stay deleted or not
The audience bought enough popcorn for days. The show must go on. It's not about you anymore :XD

Bezdomni
Habitué

Unread post by Bezdomni » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:37 pm

Pudeo wrote:
Bezdomni wrote:
How do you comment the claims that you are topic-banned from GMOs?
Maybe written after a bit too much weed? I don't know. I was kind of wondering about it too, it seemed particulary bald-faced, even for Trypto.
los auberginos

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:23 pm

The chaotic Floq gives an explanation for this confusion:
interacted on a subject he is about to be topic banned from. ... --Floquenbeam (talk) 16:33, 31 October 2019 (UTC)
Apparently Trypto has traveled to the future (one of the possible futures) and forgot that now he's back in the present.
Last edited by Osborne on Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:48 pm

Black Kite wrote:Mmm. Accounts created in 2003 and 2004, so that'd probably be a record. Their time cards are very different, though.
Until recently, Jayjg had a habit of disappearing for months at a time, then reappearing to make thousands of edits using AWB. That may be why he and El_C have so many pages in common. His most recent 5000 contribs looks like he only edits from work.

El_C's most recent 5000 looks like he edits all day long, every day of the week.

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:09 pm

Curiously both were inactive for years, and became active again around the same time in March 2019 (El, Jay).

Beeblebrox
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Just Step Sideways

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:13 pm

That discussion was getting super dumb. I restored the page, immediately deleted it again per U1, and closed the discussion. That (or something like it) should've been done the instant Sashi said they didn't want it restored. No purpose is served by arguing a moot point. The DRV could've also been closed as pointless and the last deletion left standing, but this only took a few seconds and just feels tidier.
information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:06 pm

Bezdomni wrote:I don't think Tarantino is suggesting that they are the same individual.
No, that's Randy's take on it.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:33 am

Poetlister wrote:
Bezdomni wrote:I don't think Tarantino is suggesting that they are the same individual.
I'm not clear on what was being suggested.

Those time cards indicate two different individuals.

RfB

C&B
Habitué

Unread post by C&B » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:02 am

Beeblebrox wrote:That discussion was getting super dumb. I restored the page, immediately deleted it again per U1, and closed the discussion. That (or something like it) should've been done the instant Sashi said they didn't want it restored. No purpose is served by arguing a moot point. The DRV could've also been closed as pointless and the last deletion left standing, but this only took a few seconds and just feels tidier.
And the good thing is, is that SR can request it back via REFUND whenever they like :) especially now that it's known How Badly Ol_C did fuck up the Iban ✌
"Someone requests clarification and before you know it you find yourself in the Star Chamber."

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:26 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
Poetlister wrote:
I'm not clear on what was being suggested.

Those time cards indicate two different individuals.

RfB
Randy from Boise wrote:
tarantino wrote:In 2005, El_C's ISP was Bell in Canada. It now geolocates to Toronto. Coincidentally that's where the notorious Jayjg (T-C-L) is from.

You need to say explicitly what you mean to say for those who might miss the subtlety...

El C (T-C-L) and Jayjg (T-C-L) are clearly the same person. Sockety sock sock sockety sock sock sock sock!

Right?

RfB

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:08 pm

They're both mysterious Canadian Jews who've been admins for more than 15 years, have a huge amount of articles in common and disappear for long periods. That's a lot of coincidences, but probably all that it is.

Bezdomni
Habitué

Unread post by Bezdomni » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:40 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:That discussion was getting super dumb. I restored the page, immediately deleted it again per U1, and closed the discussion. That (or something like it) should've been done the instant Sashi said they didn't want it restored. No purpose is served by arguing a moot point. The DRV could've also been closed as pointless and the last deletion left standing, but this only took a few seconds and just feels tidier.
I appreciate you doing it that way. Meanwhile I've been left hanging at AE while Trypto has edited the page 4 days in a row in October, and 7 days in a row in November. (32 modifications in all) You sure wouldn't think that they were on parole for a 2-way interaction ban...

Meanwhile, the notorious prosecutor Kingofaces43 has contributed 18.3K to the prosecution page, without seemingly convincing anyone of anything (but being called out on several blatant misrepresentations).

I assume I will be shot soon. ^^
los auberginos

MrErnie
Habitué

Unread post by MrErnie » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:39 pm

It should be more obvious to people, but Tryptofish is obsessed with you. He shows up everywhere you are discussed, and always weighs in heavily. Hi Trypt!

Everything to do with Sashi is colored by that business with Cirt / Sagecandor it seems. It’s brought up every single time - we can’t escape it.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:51 pm

MrErnie wrote:It should be more obvious to people, but Tryptofish is obsessed with you. He shows up everywhere you are discussed, and always weighs in heavily. Hi Trypt!

Everything to do with Sashi is colored by that business with Cirt / Sagecandor it seems. It’s brought up every single time - we can’t escape it.
I recently read a piece in the Harvard Advocate from a couple of years ago, where the author spent some time studying wikipedia, Tryptofish, Wikipediocracy and Wikipedia Review. Well, I didn't actually read the whole thing because it's quite long and divided in to three parts, only the first of which has to do with wikipedia.

Three Garden Clubs by Lily Scherlis
Garden of Collective Knowledge

Somewhere in your neighborhood lives a lonely nerd with a big old brain and a big old monitor and no one to see in his spare time. This is the kind of guy who felt his identity ossify when he picked the username that suited him just right – the one that would stick – and created his first account with it. He likes the experience of logging into any given site, feeling his fingers migrate of their own accord to those familiar keys to tap out his well-loved moniker and the dopamine rush when the software recognizes him. Once inside, his otherwise unstable sense of self calcifies into a solid eggshell of persona. The shell does not encase his soft and fleshy body but instead wraps around the window of his web browser, bringing him enough protection from the trolls and the flamers that he might step out into the wide world of the world wide web and offer something of himself to it and procure some small satisfaction in return. There are other people there and he doesn’t have to deal with their bodies. Bodies are a lot for him: they require facial expressions and gestures and tones of voice and socially appropriate words that flow free on the spot. People reduced to text on the screen – bite-sized chunks of interaction and maybe intimacy – are a more comfortable alternative.

MrErnie
Habitué

Unread post by MrErnie » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:05 pm

Wikipedia admins active on this site who remain silent at that AE do a grave disservice to fairness in general and Sashi in particular.

Bezdomni
Habitué

Unread post by Bezdomni » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:44 pm

Nah... no canvassing, no pressure. Thélème has always been about "doing what you want"...

Where is that music thread? Origami Harvest (T-H-L) is a good listen. ^^

I suspect "the lingering velocity of the dead's ambitions" (§) will become a Halloween classic.
los auberginos

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:51 am

Zoloft wrote:On EL_C's talk Page:
Targeted advertisement for the potential buyer:

Bezdomni
Habitué

Unread post by Bezdomni » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:09 pm

C&B wrote:And the good thing is, is that SR can request it1 back via REFUND whenever they like ✌

. . . . 1It, here, refers to an evidence page in what I like to pompoustrously call a strategic wikisuit against public participation. (sashi)
Rather than request a refund, I've paid again (in time) to put forward the evidence in the most recent SWAPP (§).
los auberginos

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:25 pm

Bezdomni
Habitué

Unread post by Bezdomni » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:27 pm

During the workday yesterday, MrX filed against me; by the time I got home Snoogans, WMSR, & O3000 had piled on. :popcorn: sales are through the roof at AE... 1100 buckets sold already yesterday, before I could even post a defense.

23 hours later, I replied. Thryduulf was the thirteenth responder.

I was #14, an also ran in my very own case; an also canned in my very own race...

Thryduulf said "absent something extraordinary from SashiRolls.." and all I could show him was bidness as usual.

oops. :blink:
los auberginos

el84
Gregarious
Actual Name: Andy E

Unread post by el84 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:03 am

When you get banned, take it to ArbCon and add in a few of their admin friends into the mix. Probably won't go anywhere but it'll allow for many more KBs to be wasted on those pages.

Icewhiz
Banned
Wikipedia User: Icewhiz

Unread post by Icewhiz » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:30 am

Clear tag-teaming. Both on the editor side and on the supporting administrator sockpuppets (+driveby admin enforcers who are legit accounts, but only do AE when the in-crowd tries to burn an established editor of the out-crowd).

Editing AP2, seriously, is impossible without a cast of supporting administrator sockpuppets.

Bezdomni
Habitué

Unread post by Bezdomni » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:50 pm

El C wrote: As for the interaction tool, I don't understand it well enough to trust (any) interpretations of it, sorry.
This is one of en.wp's most active administrators speaking. :XD
El C wrote:Again, intuitively, I get the sense that a full Arbitration request would result in sanctions which are more severe than those which this AE is now leaning toward. But, of course, that is counter-factual, so perhaps it represents a line of thought which is redundant to pursue.
Can anyone explain this mod-speak to me? (Does El Cid mean "irrealis / hypothetical" (i.e. 2nd conditional) where he writes "counterfactual" (3rd conditional)? Does the sentence make any sense either way?)
los auberginos

Black Kite
Regular
Wikipedia User: Black Kite

Unread post by Black Kite » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:04 pm

Oh hello, here's Xenagoras (T-C-L) to add their insight to the AE filing.

Hmmm.

Bezdomni
Habitué

Unread post by Bezdomni » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:46 pm

Ah, you remind me of your famous close protecting Cirt & Calton back in 2016. And oh look, there's another one of the people who's testified against me (again), writing just after Calton lied about me:
TJW wrote:
Calton wrote:Another SashiRolls grievance-fest. Sagecandor did not "cast aspersions" -- how about some diffs? -- but questioned your attempt to use Russia Today in Fake news website as if it were some reliable source. [...] -- Calton | Talk 14:58, 10 December 2016 (UTC)
Has anyone ever been topic banned from noticeboards? TimothyJosephWood 15:12, 10 December 2016 (UTC)
Sashi wrote:Your claim that I tried to insert an article from Russia Today into the article is demonstrably false. My criticized edit was sourced to The Daily Beast and The New York Times. Facts are best. Not made-up charges. I've provided the diffs you asked for, will you do the same? Will Sagecandor answer my question? Time will tell. SashiRolls (talk) 16:22, 10 December 2016 (UTC)
Black Kite wrote:{I}t's probably best to close this before it creates a singularity of wiki-ridiculousness that sucks the entire Internet into a parallel universe. Black Kite (talk) 00:57, 11 December 2016 (UTC)

source
I must admit to chuckling thinking back on your "bon mot" when the folks on Media bias against Bernie Sanders (T-H-L) decided to change the title to Media coverage of Bernie Sanders (T-H-L) because it increased the scope of the page so dramatically.1 :B'

Yes, Xenagoras has been dealing with MrX, Snoog & WMSR too. Here Xenagoras shows point by point how MrX's negative text is unjustified POV completely unsupported by the sources.

It's as bald-faced as the BS Snoog managed to bury in the Counterpunch entry on Christmas Day, 2017, though it didn't last as long.

1 The original page creator suggested this was "to set it up for deletion", which is a fun theory that I'm not quite sure I believe.
los auberginos

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:51 pm

Bezdomni wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:50 pm
El C wrote: As for the interaction tool, I don't understand it well enough to trust (any) interpretations of it, sorry.
This is one of en.wp's most active administrators speaking. :XD
:facepalm:
Note that he's only the most active enforcer since March 2019 when he mysteriously re-appeared from sleeper state and became the primary ANI contributor overnight. Interesting story.
He has a history of "not understanding" evidence, that contradicts his assertions.
Bezdomni wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:50 pm
El C wrote:Again, intuitively, I get the sense that a full Arbitration request would result in sanctions which are more severe than those which this AE is now leaning toward. But, of course, that is counter-factual, so perhaps it represents a line of thought which is redundant to pursue.
Can anyone explain this mod-speak to me? (Does El Cid mean "irrealis / hypothetical" (i.e. 2nd conditional) where he writes "counterfactual" (3rd conditional)? Does the sentence make any sense either way?)
I have no idea if that means anything at all. He does this fake-eloquent speech, when he has nothing of value to say, but want to win an argument. Sometimes I enjoy reading him just to learn how to bullshit and not get caught.

So ElCid, after his overzealous indef of you - for attempting to link to controversial evidence -, is back and haven't learned better judgment since? Well, that's problematic.

Icewhiz
Banned

Unread post by Icewhiz » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:47 am

Osborne wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:49 pm
It's doubtful, that the original ElC one day had a turn in his life, and returned to full-time (+overtime) admin police chief role. It is more likely, that the account was transferred to another person with close ties to these admins, maybe an admin, who had to stop using a previous account. Was there any admin desysop / fall from grace not long before March?
The 7*12+ hours weekly activity also might be a sign, that more people operate this account now. Either that, or a no-lifer, like the British defaming guy, who was tracked down by a some media guy... will add link later.
One thing is for sure: this account is not used to make the encyclopedia better, but with an agenda, for personal gains (monetary implied).
Well - whomever is running El C's account these days - he is probably a (possibly former) Israeli or Hebrew speaker - or at least pretending fairly well to be one (e.g. by someone else feeding him tidbits, or using minor knowledge).

E.g. linking to a Hebrew video with no sub-titles (released shortly before) on October 8 2019:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =920175358

However, on hewiki, he hasn't displayed Hebrew skills since 2008:
https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%9E%D7 ... D7%AA/El_C

If this is an account switch, I wouldn't discount Malik Shabazz (T-C-L) out of the running - POV fits perfectly, as does the departure date (more or less - final straw a bit after - but the final straw was in the offing prior). Malik probably could pull this off. But that would be a POV crusade - not paid.

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:40 am

Icewhiz wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:47 am
If this is an account switch, I wouldn't discount Malik Shabazz (T-C-L) out of the running - POV fits perfectly, as does the departure date (more or less - final straw a bit after - but the final straw was in the offing prior). Malik probably could pull this off. But that would be a POV crusade - not paid.
Wow. That would be quite the character-transformation: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... by_Ceradon

Icewhiz wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:47 am
Well - whomever is running El C's account these days - he is probably a (possibly former) Israeli or Hebrew speaker - or at least pretending fairly well to be one (e.g. by someone else feeding him tidbits, or using minor knowledge).

E.g. linking to a Hebrew video with no sub-titles (released shortly before) on October 8 2019:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =920175358
Lol... reverted comment (archive)
Google Translate wrote: He is an extreme leftist communist who does what he desires. Wikipedia is supposed to be objective and not align with its communist agenda. Complain about him. He acts like it's his own site.

And you chased me up to English Wikipedia for that. Wikipedia is not your personal blog and rude let other guests answer. And as an "equality fighter" who admires Che Guevara, he was a dictator who murdered thousands of gays in his country
Well, that sums it up.

Bezdomni
Habitué

Unread post by Bezdomni » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:15 am

I'd have a great deal of difficulty imagining that Malik and El C were the same person. El C took over the power vaccuum left when NeilN disappeared. Nevertheless, MrX's comments in the page Osborne linked are remarkable in their inconsistency.
MrX wrote:ArbCom should swiftly decline this case. MS seems to have reacted to perceived harassment by another user. The community has not been afforded the opportunity to address the concerns in this complaint, as is the usual process defined at WP:ADMIN#Disputes or complaints.

source
NB: Malik was not blocked or topic-banned or anything, just desysopped, right? ( I don't remember the end of that story.)
I just noticed, incidentally, that Swarm was particularly sweet to wish me all the best in the judgment he handed down from on high. This puts me in a unique position: I'm the only person in at least 2.5 years to have had a greeting card renvoi appended to an AE "sentence" and "notification". :B'

Looking back into Swarm's involvement, I notice that here too one can see a black kite soaring somewhere above the wiki-ridiculousness...
~Swarm~ {sting} wrote:re: your proposed block against myself, which I embrace. (source)
Hug life!
los auberginos

Icewhiz
Banned

Unread post by Icewhiz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:42 am

I admit personality wise El_C is much more polite than Malik. However, impolite persons are at times able to do this transformation. For instance ponder the exercise of saying "Thank you" each time you mean to say "Fu* you".

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Bezdomni wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:15 am
El C took over the power vaccuum left when NeilN disappeared.
Is he better or worse or the same as NeilN? Was there any visible/public reason for NeilN's disappearance?