Arbitration

Discussions on Wikimedia governance
Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Re: Arbitration

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:36 pm

Linda Mack is back is da hizouse!
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:39 pm

Please don't refer to me as "Corbett". I find that most insulting. Eric Corbett 20:08, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
LMAO!!

OK, Corbett. OK.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

mendaliv
Habitué
Wikipedia User: mendaliv

Unread post by mendaliv » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:42 pm

Honestly I’m surprised to see Slim et al. piping up in Eric’s defense. This comment though, my god. I had to stop myself from diving into what horrible policy it made:
SlimVirgin wrote:David, you were the reason I took the FAR off my watchlist, so I'll stop responding here too. I want to say only one thing. I repeatedly said above that harassment can be unintentional, in the sense that one doesn't always realize how one's actions come across, or how they are perceived by the target as part of the actions of a wider group. You have taken my posts and produced "theories of conspiracy to commit harrassment". I can't keep commenting when I'm accused of saying exactly the opposite of what I did say.
Emphasis mine. That is NOT harassment. That is a faux pas or inconsiderate behavior. Harassment requires intent, though it need not be intent to make the person feel harassed. Absolutely horrifying, the implication that harassment can be accidental. Especially given the potential for libel claims.
“It is a fair summary of history to say that the safeguards of liberty have frequently been forged in controversies involving not very nice people.” United States v. Rabinowitz, 339 U.S. 56, 68, 69 (1950) (Frankfurter, J. dissenting).

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:08 am

mendaliv wrote:Honestly I’m surprised to see Slim et al. piping up in Eric’s defense. This comment though, my god. I had to stop myself from diving into what horrible policy it made:
SlimVirgin wrote:David, you were the reason I took the FAR off my watchlist, so I'll stop responding here too. I want to say only one thing. I repeatedly said above that harassment can be unintentional, in the sense that one doesn't always realize how one's actions come across, or how they are perceived by the target as part of the actions of a wider group. You have taken my posts and produced "theories of conspiracy to commit harrassment". I can't keep commenting when I'm accused of saying exactly the opposite of what I did say.
Emphasis mine. That is NOT harassment. That is a faux pas or inconsiderate behavior. Harassment requires intent, though it need not be intent to make the person feel harassed. Absolutely horrifying, the implication that harassment can be accidental. Especially given the potential for libel claims.
“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty Linda Mack said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:46 am

Good Morning, ARBIIIIITRATION!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ic_Corbett

It'll be interesting to see if they can do the Gumby pretzel yoga necessary to leave Corbett unblocked after Tits&Shits SanFramBanned Fram in FramGate for far less toxicity.

Adios Corbett, you sad little man.
Last edited by Vigilant on Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

C&B
Habitué

Unread post by C&B » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:48 am

Who is MJL (T-C-L)?
"Someone requests clarification and before you know it you find yourself in the Star Chamber."

mendaliv
Habitué

Unread post by mendaliv » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:49 am

Vigilant wrote:Good Morning, ARBIIIIITRATION!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ic_Corbett
And statement made.

I think MJL is over the wordlimit.
“It is a fair summary of history to say that the safeguards of liberty have frequently been forged in controversies involving not very nice people.” United States v. Rabinowitz, 339 U.S. 56, 68, 69 (1950) (Frankfurter, J. dissenting).

mendaliv
Habitué

Unread post by mendaliv » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:52 am

C&B wrote:Who is MJL (T-C-L)?
No idea. Has been showing up at Eric AE threads lately. Claims that Eric getting special treatment makes him/her feel unsafe and want to quit the project.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:56 am

I urge the Committee to accept a case concerning Eric Corbett, scoped not only to him personally, but also his companions and detractors
I think you misspelled "cabal".

lonza leggiera
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: David J Wilson (no longer active); Freda Nurk
Wikipedia Review Member: lonza leggiera
Actual Name: David Wilson

Unread post by lonza leggiera » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:01 am

mendaliv wrote:
C&B wrote:Who is MJL (T-C-L)?
No idea. Has been showing up at Eric AE threads lately. Claims that Eric getting special treatment makes him/her feel unsafe and want to quit the project.
He gives his name here as Matthew J. Long, although I wouldn't claim that by itself as being sufficient to identify him.
E voi, piuttosto che le nostre povere gabbane d'istrioni, le nostr' anime considerate. Perchè siam uomini di carne ed ossa, e di quest' orfano mondo, al pari di voi, spiriamo l'aere.

mendaliv
Habitué

Unread post by mendaliv » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:11 am

Vigilant wrote:
I urge the Committee to accept a case concerning Eric Corbett, scoped not only to him personally, but also his companions and detractors
I think you misspelled "cabal".
Heh. Old Wikipedia habit: Don't give 'em anything to cherry-pick.

Also a bit of an old-fashioned litigation habit: Don't inadvertently make an issue out of something you don't need to. In the old days, when you pleaded (or is it pled? I think it varies regionally) orally, if you misspoke and made the wrong thing the issue, the other party just had to plead contrarily to cause an issue to be joined, and that would be the issue put before the jury. So making the wrong thing the issue could be fatal to your case. P: "We should make the scope Eric and his cabal!" D: "There is no cabal." J: "Issue joined."

mendaliv
Habitué

Unread post by mendaliv » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:20 am

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:24 am

Earthy Astringent
Banned

Unread post by Earthy Astringent » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:28 am

Drama God is pleased. This ANI thread is full of Wikipedia’s most wonderous assholes.

C&B
Habitué

Unread post by C&B » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:50 am

"They sup, yet are never satisfied" :D
"Someone requests clarification and before you know it you find yourself in the Star Chamber."

mendaliv
Habitué

Unread post by mendaliv » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:17 am

WormThatTurned wrote:can't actually remember why I have Eric on my recuse list, probably because I blocked him once and unblocked him once, but will keep out.
Well that's 0/0/1.

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:48 am

That deserves a PA warning and a one day block.
BMK wrote:reject this case request, on the grounds that the filing party lacks the necessary status to file it. Beyond My Ken (talk) 06:38, 18 August 2019 (UTC)
The everyday wannabe admin seemingly forgot about "every editor is equal" (which is not true, but a principle).
3000+ edits in 8 months is not enough "status".

mendaliv
Habitué

Unread post by mendaliv » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:04 am

Osborne wrote:
BMK wrote:reject this case request, on the grounds that the filing party lacks the necessary status to file it. Beyond My Ken (talk) 06:38, 18 August 2019 (UTC)
The everyday wannabe admin seemingly forgot about "every editor is equal" (which is not true, but a principle).
3000+ edits in 8 months is not enough "status".
I actually typed something up responding to this, but I'd have gone over my word limit by at least 30 words, and I didn't feel like trimming it anymore (plus I want to save the word limit I have left for when more people show up making awful comments). BMK is actually talking about legal standing (T-H-L) rather than "status" in the sense you got out of the statement. MJL isn't exactly an interested party to the way he's framing the case (which is basically Eric Corbett vs. Scottywong). But, as far as I know, the filer having standing isn't a requirement before the Committee (though I'm of the opinion that it probably should be).

For those who care, this is what I typed out:
I think BMK's comment about the filer's standing to make this complaint may be well-taken. Nonetheless, the Committee should resolve to take on this problem. Eric Corbett's interactions have been steadily decompensating since the Fram affair began, and I don't think he has long before he gets indeffed. Others have observed that his ratio of contributions to controversy has dropped precipitously as well, to the point that he may be approaching a net negative (certainly, it may be worth hearing evidence on that account for the purposes of revisiting his GGTF sanctions). At the very least, if a full case is impractical right now, I would suggest that the Committee impose a temporary injunction barring incivility against Eric Corbett until such time as a full case can be heard. As to the rest of the comments, here and elsewhere, arguing that this is a bad idea, or that there is no need for arbitration, I would say these, when read in conjunction with the rest of the comments, make clear that the community is incapable of resolving this dispute on its own. Arbitration is needed.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:39 am

mendaliv wrote:Possible Eric Corbett case incoming. Parties would include Scottywong, possibly EEng, maybe some of the other members of either Eric's entourage or his entourage of detractors.
Maybe Eric will come here to tell us about it.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:18 am

mendaliv wrote:BMK is actually talking about legal standing (T-H-L) rather than "status" in the sense you got out of the statement.
Your reasoning of standing is sound in itself. I don't believe BMK means that by status, I don't see him having that high-level knowledge or thinking (deduced from his childish wannabe behaviour, and actions overstepping his experience), but I might be wrong, in which case he should have used the proper word "standing".

Kumioko
Muted
Wikipedia User: Kumioko; Reguyla
Nom de plume: Persona non grata

Unread post by Kumioko » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:05 am

Osborne wrote:
mendaliv wrote:BMK is actually talking about legal standing (T-H-L) rather than "status" in the sense you got out of the statement.
Your reasoning of standing is sound in itself. I don't believe BMK means that by status, I don't see him having that high-level knowledge or thinking (deduced from his childish wannabe behaviour, and actions overstepping his experience), but I might be wrong, in which case he should have used the proper word "standing".
BMK is a moron and anything he says should be questioned. Plus he's an egotistical jerk who should be banned!

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:12 am

BMK has deleted his section...

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:14 am

Vigilant wrote:BMK has deleted his section...
I sure he'll reword and repost it. He's not going to let the case go without his 2 cents.

C&B
Habitué

Unread post by C&B » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:34 pm

"Arbitration, arbitration
With your enigmatic smile..."

:)

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:55 pm

C&B wrote:"Arbitration, arbitration
With your enigmatic smile..."

:)
I still hold a glimmer of hope that your antics are satiric and parodic in nature.

Serial gobshite wrote:I've added myself as a party, as I suggested MJL be indefinitely blocked for...
I don't what, consistently generating more light than heat probably sums it up.

Serial Number 54129 (T-C-L) 03:40, 18 August 2019

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:03 pm

Kumioko wrote:BMK is a moron and anything he says should be questioned. Plus he's an egotistical jerk who should be banned!
Vigilant wrote:BMK has deleted his section...
Kumioko wrote:I sure he'll reword and repost it. He's not going to let the case go without his 2 cents.
This sums it up.
Serial gobshite wrote:generating more light than heat probably sums it up.
"Light wrong! Light hurt my eye! Let there be darkness and... heat!"
Let's burn in eternal darkness, i guess? In hell, in other words.
Last edited by Osborne on Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rhindle
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Kafkaesque
Wikipedia Review Member: rhindle

Unread post by rhindle » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:58 pm

This is what some of those commenting look like in this request...

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:44 pm

Is this actually possible? Scrambling a password?
linkhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ic_Corbett[/link]
Statement by Eric Corbett
I know from experience how these affairs always end up with a proposal to ban me for whatever trumped-up reason, and that anything I might say will be twisted to suit the agenda of those whose single purpose is to hound me off Wikipedia. So I'll do everyone a favour by leaving voluntarily. After this post I will be scrambling my password, and you will never hear from me again. Eric Corbett 6:39 pm, Today (UTC+1)

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:48 pm

Seventeenth time's a charm?

Hersch. "The Art of the Diva Quit" Wikipediocracy, 22 March 2015
The following case history for noted editor Eric Corbett AKA Malleus Fatuorum (T-C-L) was compiled by Hex:

Eric Corbett’s Greatest Quits

24 May 2008 “You can stick your block where the sun don’t shine, I’m no longer willing to contribute to a project run by petty-minded individuals such as yourself.”

19 August 2008 “I had believed until fairly recently that I may in some small way be able to contribute to this encyclopedia. I see now that I was mistaken, and that I was simply wasting my time.”

10 June 2009 “This discussion is pointless and is unlikely to lead to anything productive. I do not share what I consider to be your rather precious of “incivility”, and I never will. If it’s a matter of playing by your rules or by mine then it’s a no-brainer. Bye-bye wikipedia.”

7 March 2009 “There is very little point in a block, as I have no intention of contributing to wikipedia ever again. So who’s the winner?”

9 February 2010 [Someone asks if it’s a bad time to request assistance on an article.] “No, a good time actually. I’ll be there shortly. [A few minutes later:] … Actually I won’t; I’m sick to death with this place.”

[A double whammy:]
15 October 2010 “This is just one incident too many for me. Unless I see someone swinging from a tree because of the events over the last day or so I don’t think I’ll be helping out here again.”
15 October 2010 “A project written by educated adults policed by school kids cannot possibly succeed. Something fundamental needs to change to here, and until it does you can count me out.”

4 February 2011 “Wikipedia values new contributors and degrades established contributors. Sadly, I’ve come to the conclusion that Dr. Blofeld is right, and like him I will be taking no further part here until there are some changes.”

26 October 2011 “While petty tyrants like you strut around this project I will not continue to contribute.”

6 April 2012 “I expected this kind of thing to happen after administrators were emboldened by the ArbCom case, so it’s now obviously time for Malleus to hang up his boots.”

4 July 2013 “You might as well make the block indefinite, as I won’t be coming back here while those like you are in charge.”

(28 October 2013 “Let me state my position bluntly; Wikipedia needs me far more than I need Wikipedia.”)
2 November 2013 “I’ve pondered, and what I’ve decided is that if Wikipedia thinks it doesn’t need me then I certainly don’t need it.”

(17 October 2014 “I’m not going anywhere. People deserve to know the truth about Jimbo.”)
13 November 2014 “If there are any sanctions imposed on me then I’ll be out of here. And quite likely even if there aren’t given this circus.”

1 March 2015 “In fact, I won’t be back at all unless and until I see some resolve to address these problems by, for instance, blocking the right people for once.”
Last edited by Smiley on Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mendaliv
Habitué

Unread post by mendaliv » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Jans Hammer wrote:Is this actually possible? Scrambling a password?
I know from experience how these affairs always end up with a proposal to ban me for whatever trumped-up reason, and that anything I might say will be twisted to suit the agenda of those whose single purpose is to hound me off Wikipedia. So I'll do everyone a favour by leaving voluntarily. After this post I will be scrambling my password, and you will never hear from me again. Eric Corbett 6:39 pm, Today (UTC+1)
Basically he means that he'll load up "change password", let a cat (or ferret, as the case may be) pounce on his keyboard, and save that as his new password. Then, ideally, he'd remove his e-mail address so he couldn't send himself a "forgot my password" e-mail. And then he'd log out, thereby rendering the account inaccessible.

This happened with Giano (T-C-L), I think. Giano ultimately returned as Giano II and GiacomoReturned. I think Giano was eventually able to reclaim his original account through intervention by a steward.

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:57 pm

mendaliv wrote:
Basically he means that he'll load up "change password", let a cat (or ferret, as the case may be) pounce on his keyboard, and save that as his new password. Then, ideally, he'd remove his e-mail address so he couldn't send himself a "forgot my password" e-mail. And then he'd log out, thereby rendering the account inaccessible.

This happened with Giano (T-C-L), I think. Giano ultimately returned as Giano II and GiacomoReturned. I think Giano was eventually able to reclaim his original account through intervention by a steward.
Difficult to come back from then, without loosing face. Be ironic if Casianto,who raised the totally pointless AN yesterday, is the cause of this. MJL will need his hard hat. :blink:
added > 15 mins linkhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:MJL#Eric[/link]

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:14 pm

Corbett has socked extensively in the past.

Anyone remember that adorable wee scamp George Ponderevo (T-C-L)?
I have a confession to make though, which is that I feel the same about poetry as I do about opera, musicals and ballet. I find them all pretentious and I pretty much hate them all.
George Ponderevo 11:29, 22 February 2013
Another misery guts, J3Mrs (T-C-L), was widely suspected and disappeared when Corbett fell ill.

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:22 pm

Smiley wrote:Corbett has socked extensively in the past.

Anyone remember that adorable wee scamp George Ponderevo (T-C-L)?
I have a confession to make though, which is that I feel the same about poetry as I do about opera, musicals and ballet. I find them all pretentious and I pretty much hate them all.
George Ponderevo 11:29, 22 February 2013
Another misery guts, J3Mrs (T-C-L), was widely suspected and disappeared when Corbett fell ill.
Who's last edit a year ago was.... wait for it.... The Moors Murders. :blink:

Smiley
(Not a cat)

Unread post by Smiley » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:27 pm

Sphilbrick wrote:Please reject this case request. (Ideally, unanimously, and quickly)

I can't help thinking of World War I where the assassination of an Archduke led to just barely related dominoes falling, and the entire world in flames.
The word "hyperbole" doesn't seem to cut it here.
Hyperbollocks, perhaps?

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:47 pm

Smiley wrote:
Sphilbrick wrote:Please reject this case request. (Ideally, unanimously, and quickly)

I can't help thinking of World War I where the assassination of an Archduke led to just barely related dominoes falling, and the entire world in flames.
The word "hyperbole" doesn't seem to cut it here.
Hyperbollocks, perhaps?
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Gregarious

Unread post by 10920 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:53 pm

mendaliv wrote:

similar here

Mason
Habitué

Unread post by Mason » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:42 pm

Jans Hammer wrote:Be ironic if Casianto,who raised the totally pointless AN yesterday, is the cause of this.
That may be the most jaw-dropping "own goal" I've ever seen on Wikipedia. Flings the boomerang, hits his friend smack in the face with it.

mendaliv
Habitué

Unread post by mendaliv » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:05 pm

Jans Hammer wrote:Be ironic if Casianto, who raised the totally pointless AN yesterday, is the cause of this.]
I think it's not likely to be the cause, but just another factor. It struck me that Eric was trying to do the equivalent of suicide by cop (T-H-L) when he made that comment at Valereee's RfA. I think he's been looking for a way to go out in a blaze of glory or as a martyr for awhile now.
GorillaWarfare wrote:Accept the case, with it to be suspended. If at any point Eric decides to return, we will reopen the case.
This practice of holding cases in abeyance when an editor decides to abjure the realm (T-H-L) has always struck me as funny in light of the claim that Wikipedia is not a court. Not a criticism of the practice or of GW by any means; I think it's almost excessively fair to let people choose abjuration rather than arbitration.

In this particular case though, I think that it's still possible to hold a case without Eric's presence, given the scope can and should include people surrounding Eric. In fact, one might argue that they, and not Eric, are the proper scope of arbitration.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:14 pm

mendaliv wrote:
Jans Hammer wrote:Be ironic if Casianto, who raised the totally pointless AN yesterday, is the cause of this.]
I think it's not likely to be the cause, but just another factor. It struck me that Eric was trying to do the equivalent of suicide by cop (T-H-L) when he made that comment at Valereee's RfA. I think he's been looking for a way to go out in a blaze of glory or as a martyr for awhile now.
I think he's a sad, insecure old man who wants as many people as possible to wail about how unfair things are for Corbett and to beg him to come back, lionize him, etc.

It's nauseating in its cloying miasma.

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:18 pm

I think that's true of a lot of the community (Maybe not all old, but lonely and sad) or else they would be doing something else rather than sitting in their underwear in their parents basement stroking their neckbeards. To be frank, I'm surprised that the obviously hostile environment doesn't result in more suicides or at least attempts. But then again if they did, the WMF and the functionaries would go out of their way to hide it. I know for a fact there have been several suicides by editors due at least in part to their time on the projects.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:21 pm

Statement by Toa Nidhiki05

I’m pretty sure this is Eric’s 70th time he’s said he is leaving so I take his comment above with a ginormous grain of salt. If Eric has no intention of following the sanction he agreed to, he should be indefinitely banned until he does; if the committee has no intention of enforcing his sanction, it should be lifted. Hundreds and hundreds of hours have been wasted on this and we need an actual solution rather than constant relitigation. The idea that Eric is always baited and none of this is his fault is quite frankly ridiculous and belittling of Eric, who is a real human with complete agency over his actions. Toa Nidhiki05 18:24, 18 August 2019 (UTC)

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:23 pm

Adios, motherfucker...

I know from experience how these affairs always end up with a proposal to ban me for whatever trumped-up reason, and that anything I might say will be twisted to suit the agenda of those whose single purpose is to hound me off Wikipedia. So I'll do everyone a favour by leaving voluntarily. After this post I will be scrambling my password, and you will never hear from me again. Eric Corbett 17:39, 18 August 2019 (UTC)
See you in a month.
Cause you're just that kind of hypocrite.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:46 pm

Certainly it's possible. But I refuse to believe that Eric has allowed himself to be driven off. This will surely not be the end.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:53 pm

Poetlister wrote:
Certainly it's possible. But I refuse to believe that Eric has allowed himself to be driven off. This will surely not be the end.
Yeah I find that pretty hard to believe he's gone for good as well. People can only take so much abue though and given that many of the degenerates gunning for him can barely spell their names, it's got to be frustrating for Eric. As critic I say good, the loss of Eric's article writing skills will be a great loss to the project, doubly so since he writes articles fairly and unbiased where so many others do not.

On the other hand, as an editor in exile who is only not able to edit because of a bullshit ban preventing me from doing so, it's a terrible loss to the project.

Jeff Hawke
Critic

Unread post by Jeff Hawke » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:56 pm

Poetlister wrote:But I refuse to believe that Eric has allowed himself to be driven off. This will surely not be the end.
One might keep an eye on, for example, William Leadford (T-C-L) and Nunez99 (T-C-L).

rhindle
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Kafkaesque
Wikipedia Review Member: rhindle

Unread post by rhindle » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:28 pm

Hey, let's bully the Arbs...
GorillaWarfare, your accept is disgraceful. What axe do you have to grind I wonder? CassiantoTalk 18:59, 18 August 2019 (UTC)

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:32 pm

rhindle wrote:Hey, let's bully the Arbs...
GorillaWarfare, your accept is disgraceful. What axe do you have to grind I wonder? CassiantoTalk 18:59, 18 August 2019 (UTC)
IMO GorillaWarfare represents the worst possible type of Arb. She acts nice, does almost nothing of value, wants to be in a position of leadership but rarely spends much time doing it other than strutting around wearing her Arb hat. It's functionaries like her that are killing Wikipedia. She honestly believes she is better than other editors and her condescending tone/nice girl routine is sickening.

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:35 pm

Kumioko wrote:
rhindle wrote:Hey, let's bully the Arbs...
IMO GorillaWarfare represents the worst possible type of Arb. She acts nice, does almost nothing of value, wants to be in a position of leadership but rarely spends much time doing it other than strutting around wearing her Arb hat. It's functionaries like her that are killing Wikipedia. She honestly believes she is better than other editors and her condescending tone/nice girl routine is sickening.
Isn't she Molly - the woman who got really pissed off with Kidpung when he referred to her by her name?

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:51 pm

mendaliv wrote:

But the new password has to be re-entered. That's asking a lot for the cat / ferret. :D

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:54 pm

Eric Corbett is the Donald Trump of en.wp.

To his supporters, he can do no wrong.
Everything that he does is justified by dint of dehumanizing the opposition.
Anything that anyone says against him is fake news, a witch hunt, etc.

Corbett is a sleazy whiny narcissist that has manipulated these poor souls into a cult.

That none of his cult members can see that they've been compromised is just delicious.

There's a video on this type of subornation.