Arbitration

Discussions on Wikimedia governance
Jans Hammer
Gregarious
kołdry

Re: Arbitration

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:10 am

Poetlister wrote:I think it's safe to say that whatever decision the Arbcom comes to, and whatever penalty they choose to give to Fram, people here will condemn it. It will be called a whitewash, or a craven submission to the will of T&S, or a proof of the incompetence of Arbcom. Would anyone care to say now, before anything is finally announced, what they would regard as a sensible and competently reached outcome?
I suppose based on the absence of irrefutable public evidence it should be vacated. I think it will be time served with bit restored. Personally, only because I don't like the guy or his band of adherents, I would like it to be maintained as it is.

mendaliv
Habitué
Wikipedia User: mendaliv

Unread post by mendaliv » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:20 am

Poetlister wrote:I think it's safe to say that whatever decision the Arbcom comes to, and whatever penalty they choose to give to Fram, people here will condemn it. It will be called a whitewash, or a craven submission to the will of T&S, or a proof of the incompetence of Arbcom. Would anyone care to say now, before anything is finally announced, what they would regard as a sensible and competently reached outcome?
Declining to use any evidence subject to an NDA, holding that the ban was unwarranted based on the record, warning T&S that the community does not tolerate nonpublic evidence lightly, and then making a ruling based on the evidence they can use.

That said I’m not sure I’d call that a competently-reached outcome, because on the basis of what we’ve seen out of this Committee, I don’t think they can competently reach an outcome without it being spoon-fed to them.
“It is a fair summary of history to say that the safeguards of liberty have frequently been forged in controversies involving not very nice people.” United States v. Rabinowitz, 339 U.S. 56, 68, 69 (1950) (Frankfurter, J. dissenting).

Kumioko
Muted
Wikipedia User: Kumioko; Reguyla
Nom de plume: Persona non grata

Unread post by Kumioko » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:39 pm

Mason wrote:"Ban not publicly justified, so rescinded/overturned" and "Ban commuted to 'time served'" would result in identical de facto ban lengths (three months by the time they finish all the paperwork) but would send very different messages.

If ArbCom is contemplating the latter, they better have a good answer ready for the question "time served for what exactly?"
The main problem I see with both of these two outcomes is that they would constitute a finite and definitive answer that is out of character for Arbcom.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:51 pm

Kumioko wrote:
Mason wrote:"Ban not publicly justified, so rescinded/overturned" and "Ban commuted to 'time served'" would result in identical de facto ban lengths (three months by the time they finish all the paperwork) but would send very different messages.

If ArbCom is contemplating the latter, they better have a good answer ready for the question "time served for what exactly?"
The main problem I see with both of these two outcomes is that they would constitute a finite and definitive answer that is out of character for Arbcom.
They could easily pad it out with reams of obiter dicta and general waffle.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Gregarious

Unread post by 10920 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:10 pm

Since there's obviously nothing worth banning over, if ArbCom had a spine, they would say the ban is overturned.

I still doubt the WMF will allow that. They'd probably allow "time served", which implies there was wrongdoing, without of course specifying.

Dysklyver
Cornishman
Actual Name: Arthur Kerensa
Nom de plume: Dysk

Unread post by Dysklyver » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:29 pm

10920 wrote:
Since there's obviously nothing worth banning over, if ArbCom had a spine, they would say the ban is overturned.

I still doubt the WMF will allow that. They'd probably allow "time served", which implies there was wrongdoing, without of course specifying.
The WMF can neither overturn the ban nor allow Arbcom to overturn it without generating potential legal issues.

So ultimately it's just a charade to let everyone argue until they get tired and bored.
Globally banned after 7 years.

EdgarPoe
Banned on the run

Unread post by EdgarPoe » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:30 pm

I think a sensible outcome would be to vacate the ban on Fram, then immediately turn our attention to the Eric Corbett case, and let everyone take out their pent-up civility aggression there. Transfer all Fram-spanks to Corbett. Give him 10 lifetime bans, all to be served consecutively.

Gregarious

Unread post by 10920 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:45 pm

Dysklyver wrote:
10920 wrote:

The WMF can neither overturn the ban nor allow Arbcom to overturn it without generating potential legal issues.

So ultimately it's just a charade to let everyone argue until they get tired and bored.
That's what I've been saying all along. The WMF won't allow it.

mendaliv
Habitué

Unread post by mendaliv » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:50 pm

Dysklyver wrote:
10920 wrote:

Hmm I don’t think there are any more legal issues with allowing the Committee to overturn than with prohibiting it. But maybe I’m just not spotting the issues you are.

I really wish Fram would go the GDPR route though. That would be awesome to watch unfold.
“It is a fair summary of history to say that the safeguards of liberty have frequently been forged in controversies involving not very nice people.” United States v. Rabinowitz, 339 U.S. 56, 68, 69 (1950) (Frankfurter, J. dissenting).

Jans Hammer
Gregarious

Unread post by Jans Hammer » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:26 pm

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:38 pm

Jans Hammer wrote:Let the 2019 ACE fun begin linkhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ember_2019[/link]
:popcorn:
Anybody who votes to return anyone from this ARBCOM is out of their damn mind.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:53 am

Vigilant wrote:
Jans Hammer wrote:Let the 2019 ACE fun begin linkhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ember_2019[/link]
That sort of thing gets said every year. I don't know if this Arbcom is much worse than some of its predecessors. There is nobody like say Fred Bauder (T-C-L), Essjay (T-C-L), Dominic (T-C-L) (Dmcdevit), Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry (T-C-L), FT2 (T-C-L) or David Gerard (T-C-L). The results of the Fram case will no doubt be firmly in the minds of voters. Maybe Fram will stand.

Gregarious

Unread post by 10920 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:18 pm

Poetlister wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
That sort of thing gets said every year. I don't know if this Arbcom is much worse than some of its predecessors. There is nobody like say Fred Bauder (T-C-L), Essjay (T-C-L), Dominic (T-C-L) (Dmcdevit), Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry (T-C-L), FT2 (T-C-L) or David Gerard (T-C-L). The results of the Fram case will no doubt be firmly in the minds of voters. Maybe Fram will stand.
We're assessing ArbCom as a collective body here.

It's not about individuals or which person you think was the worst arbitrator ever.

I can confidently state this is the worst version of ArbCom Wikipedia has had in the modern era (of Arbs being elected). Just look at their actions this year. They've done very little right, and a lot wrong.

I've never said that about any past version of ArbCom. This iteration is truly breaking new ground and making history, in all the wrong ways.

Volunteer Marek
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Volunteer Marek

Unread post by Volunteer Marek » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:55 am

Poetlister wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
You forgot Rlevse (T-C-L) or Pumpkin Spice or whatever he ended up as

DanMurphy
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Dan Murphy
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy

Unread post by DanMurphy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:32 am

Volunteer Marek wrote:
Poetlister wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
You forgot Rlevse (T-C-L) or Pumpkin Spice or whatever he ended up as
Randy Everette.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:35 am

10920 wrote:We're assessing ArbCom as a collective body here.

It's not about individuals or which person you think was the worst arbitrator ever.

I can confidently state this is the worst version of ArbCom Wikipedia has had in the modern era (of Arbs being elected). Just look at their actions this year. They've done very little right, and a lot wrong.

I've never said that about any past version of ArbCom. This iteration is truly breaking new ground and making history, in all the wrong ways.
It's a fair point, but nobody can deny that some shocking decisions were made under the reign of Fred Bauder, who personified the Cabal. It is the height of irony that this supreme insider has crashed and burned and been desysopped.

Gregarious

Unread post by 10920 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:38 pm

Poetlister wrote:

It's a fair point, but nobody can deny that some shocking decisions were made under the reign of Fred Bauder, who personified the Cabal. It is the height of irony that this supreme insider has crashed and burned and been desysopped.
I never read up on the Fred Bauder stuff but people always say Wikipedia is run by the 'cabal' and the 'insiders' so how could a true insider have this happen to him?

Insiders are supposed to be protected, just like if you become the WMF chair. Maria could do anything she likes without repercussions.

Dysklyver
Cornishman
Actual Name: Arthur Kerensa
Nom de plume: Dysk

Unread post by Dysklyver » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:43 pm

10920 wrote: I never read up on the Fred Bauder stuff but people always say Wikipedia is run by the 'cabal' and the 'insiders' so how could a true insider have this happen to him?

Insiders are supposed to be protected, just like if you become the WMF chair. Maria could do anything she likes without repercussions.
The cabal isn't a lifelong protection, eventually insiders simply fall out of favour or become inactive, and then their behavior isn't covered anymore.
Globally banned after 7 years.

Beeblebrox
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Just Step Sideways

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:06 pm

10920 wrote:
Poetlister wrote:

I never read up on the Fred Bauder stuff but people always say Wikipedia is run by the 'cabal' and the 'insiders' so how could a true insider have this happen to him?

Fred is his own worst enemy, from what I can tell in the real world as well as on WP. His run for arbcom last year was basically trolling in it's entirety, he never expected to actually get elected.

Then, when his questions page turned ugly he did some dumb things when he should've contacted the election commission and let them deal with it.

Then he misused his sysop status a couple times.

Then he didn't even try and present a real defense when the whole situation went to arbcom. (he blamed me for literally everything that happened and didn't address his own conduct at all)

And there you have it, not an admin anymore.

In all honesty I suspect he is losing it. Either that or he truly reached a higher level of not giving a fuck since he basically blew up his own wiki career with his eyes wide open, violating a hardline principle that he wrote himself when he was an arb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... r/Workshop will draw you a picture of how weird the whole thing was.
information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:20 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:In all honesty I suspect he is losing it. Either that or he truly reached a higher level of not giving a fuck since he basically blew up his own wiki career with his eyes wide open, violating a hardline principle that he wrote himself when he was an arb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... r/Workshop will draw you a picture of how weird the whole thing was.
His meatspace life was just as much a clusterfuck as his en.wp life
Bauder, who was disbarred in the wake of soliciting a threesome for pay from the soon-to-be ex-wife of a divorce client and the client's current girlfriend, knows a thing or two about gender and power.
He was a divorce lawyer, but was brought before a commission when it was found that he had solicited prostitution from a client he was representing. He was suspended from service, and, rather than re-apply, he retired. However, best not mention that on Wikipedia or you will be permabanned, even if you link to the court case that proves this to be true.
Fred Bauder was licensed to practice law in Colorado in 1976. He failed to answer the formal complaint filed in this case and the hearing board entered a default against him. The allegations of fact contained in the complaint were therefore deemed admitted. See C.R.C.P. 241.13(b); People v. Paulson , 930 P.2d 582, 582 (Colo. 1997). Based on the default and the evidence presented, the hearing board found that the following had been established by clear and convincing evidence.

On July 14, 1997, we publicly censured Bauder for soliciting for prostitution during a phone call with the wife of a dissolution of marriage client. See People v. Bauder , 941 P.2d 282, 283 (Colo. 1997). Bauder was ordered to pay the costs of that proceeding in the amount of $2,058.97 within thirty days of the date on the opinion. See id. at 283-84.

He did not pay the costs as ordered, however, or file a motion for an extension of time to comply with our order. Moreover, Bauder failed to respond to a letter from the Office of Disciplinary Counsel and has not explained or justified his noncompliance with the order. As a result, a request for investigation was filed against him. Bauder did not respond to the request for investigation.

It is hereby ordered that Fred Bauder is suspended from the practice of law for thirty days, effective thirty days after the issuance of this opinion. It is further ordered that, prior to seeking reinstatement and as a condition thereof, Bauder shall pay the costs of his 1997 disciplinary proceeding in the amount of $2,058.97 plus statutory interest from August 14, 1997, to the Attorney Regulation Committee.

Bauder is further ordered to pay the costs of this proceeding in the amount of $124.11 within thirty days after this opinion is announced to the Attorney Regulation Committee, 600 Seventeenth Street, Suite 200 South, Denver, Colorado 80202-5432. Bauder shall not be reinstated until after he has complied with C.R.C.P. 251.29.
He's also been credibly accused of allowing confirmed pedophiles to edit wikipedia.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:20 pm

10920 wrote:
Poetlister wrote:

Fred Bauder went absolutely bonkers in the last Arbcom elections. I have no idea what got into him, but his behaviour was so egregiously bad, for example unblocking himself repeatedly, that it was impossible not to do something about him. Even so, the bureaucrat who desysopped him was dragged to Arbcom.

mendaliv
Habitué

Unread post by mendaliv » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:43 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Beeblebrox wrote:In all honesty I suspect he is losing it. Either that or he truly reached a higher level of not giving a fuck since he basically blew up his own wiki career with his eyes wide open, violating a hardline principle that he wrote himself when he was an arb.

His meatspace life was just as much a clusterfuck as his en.wp life
Bauder, who was disbarred in the wake of soliciting a threesome for pay from the soon-to-be ex-wife of a divorce client and the client's current girlfriend, knows a thing or two about gender and power.
He was a divorce lawyer, but was brought before a commission when it was found that he had solicited prostitution from a client he was representing. He was suspended from service, and, rather than re-apply, he retired. However, best not mention that on Wikipedia or you will be permabanned, even if you link to the court case that proves this to be true.
Fred Bauder was licensed to practice law in Colorado in 1976. He failed to answer the formal complaint filed in this case and the hearing board entered a default against him. The allegations of fact contained in the complaint were therefore deemed admitted. See C.R.C.P. 241.13(b); People v. Paulson , 930 P.2d 582, 582 (Colo. 1997). Based on the default and the evidence presented, the hearing board found that the following had been established by clear and convincing evidence.

On July 14, 1997, we publicly censured Bauder for soliciting for prostitution during a phone call with the wife of a dissolution of marriage client. See People v. Bauder , 941 P.2d 282, 283 (Colo. 1997). Bauder was ordered to pay the costs of that proceeding in the amount of $2,058.97 within thirty days of the date on the opinion. See id. at 283-84.

He did not pay the costs as ordered, however, or file a motion for an extension of time to comply with our order. Moreover, Bauder failed to respond to a letter from the Office of Disciplinary Counsel and has not explained or justified his noncompliance with the order. As a result, a request for investigation was filed against him. Bauder did not respond to the request for investigation.

It is hereby ordered that Fred Bauder is suspended from the practice of law for thirty days, effective thirty days after the issuance of this opinion. It is further ordered that, prior to seeking reinstatement and as a condition thereof, Bauder shall pay the costs of his 1997 disciplinary proceeding in the amount of $2,058.97 plus statutory interest from August 14, 1997, to the Attorney Regulation Committee.

Bauder is further ordered to pay the costs of this proceeding in the amount of $124.11 within thirty days after this opinion is announced to the Attorney Regulation Committee, 600 Seventeenth Street, Suite 200 South, Denver, Colorado 80202-5432. Bauder shall not be reinstated until after he has complied with C.R.C.P. 251.29.
He's also been credibly accused of allowing confirmed pedophiles to edit wikipedia.
Oh man that is depressing.

I’ve dealt with professional licensing cases before, it’s scarcely unusual for someone with a complaint against him to just not comply and default. I’ve heard of guys saying “let them work for it” when refusing to entertain a $0 settlement offer (but which incorporated sanctions) while simultaneously refusing to engage counsel because fighting the case might cost $50k.

Like I can understand not settling on those terms when the sanction would result in collateral consequences (n.b., if you have any sort of professional license and get in trouble of any kind, you need to have this stuff in mind). But if the collateral consequences are that bad, you need to engage counsel to fight the case you’re refusing to settle. Doing nothing is about as bad a bet as doing the wrong thing.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:51 am

Moderator's Note: Several posts from this thread about Eric Corbett's Wikipedia-related activities after the Arbcom's decision to reject the case request concerning his status were split into this other thread. Unless another case request is made on Mr. Corbett's behalf, further comments regarding his status should be posted there.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:07 am

mendaliv wrote:Oh man that is depressing.

I’ve dealt with professional licensing cases before, it’s scarcely unusual for someone with a complaint against him to just not comply and default. I’ve heard of guys saying “let them work for it” when refusing to entertain a $0 settlement offer (but which incorporated sanctions) while simultaneously refusing to engage counsel because fighting the case might cost $50k.

Like I can understand not settling on those terms when the sanction would result in collateral consequences (n.b., if you have any sort of professional license and get in trouble of any kind, you need to have this stuff in mind). But if the collateral consequences are that bad, you need to engage counsel to fight the case you’re refusing to settle. Doing nothing is about as bad a bet as doing the wrong thing.
Fred Bauder has an acute case of something that afflicts many senior Wikipedians, a conviction that he is totally right, contempt for those who disagree and a stubborn refusal to concede an inch. That showed very clearly throughout his time as an Arb. It's also precisely what caused the brouhaha at the last AQrbcom election, which of course led to his desysop and the change in the software to stop admins unblocking themselves.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:22 pm

Poetlister wrote: Fred Bauder has an acute case of something that afflicts many senior Wikipedians, a conviction that he is totally right, contempt for those who disagree and a stubborn refusal to concede an inch.
You get all that from him blowing off a proceeding in an ethical sanctions case and having a default judgment made against him. Man, you're really fucking smart!

RfB

Jeff Hawke
Critic

Unread post by Jeff Hawke » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:00 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
Poetlister wrote: Fred Bauder has an acute case of something that afflicts many senior Wikipedians, a conviction that he is totally right, contempt for those who disagree and a stubborn refusal to concede an inch.
You get all that from him blowing off a proceeding in an ethical sanctions case and having a default judgment made against him. Man, you're really fucking smart!
senior Wikipedian ... conviction that he is totally right ... contempt for those who disagree ... stubborn refusal to concede an inch ... surely not

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:11 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:You get all that from him blowing off a proceeding in an ethical sanctions case and having a default judgment made against him.
No, from observing his behaviour on Wikipedia and his own imitation of Wikipedia over a prolonged period.
Man, you're really fucking smart!
Thank you. :B'

Beeblebrox
Habitué

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:46 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:

RfB
His on-wiki behavior more than verifies this. His candidacy for arbcom was based on "bringing back civility" and he immediately began giving curt or even insulting non-answers to the questions the community asked him. Then he edit warred, then escalated to wheel warring, and when it went to arbcom he presented no evidence in his own defense and formulated a series of bizarre findings of fact that were almost entirely focused on one question I asked him several days before the actual events that were the focus of the case, trying to boomerang it o me, which failed spectacularly.

Gregarious

Unread post by 10920 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Thanks for the explanation RE: Bauder.

One of the stranger meltdowns in Wikipedia history, if you can call it that.

His statement at the 2018 elections:

"I would like to return to the Arbitration Committee. I took part in the original discussions that resulted in creation of the committee. In large part that discussion revolved around civility, one of the pillars of Wikipedia. My history as an arbitrator is complicated, I served for several years... As an arbitrator now, I would emphasize re-establishing civility as a central policy. I don't have the time or energy I had 10 years ago, but I think I could effectively contribute to the work of the Committee. As you view negative comments ask why anyone would be extremely opposed to having someone on the Arbitration Committee who would enforce civility and forestall using incivility and other nefarious tactics to limit participation by others in order to control content. I'm after the bullies, but they're fighting back! See the question page and Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Fred Bauder/Workshop."

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:21 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:
Randy from Boise wrote:

RfB
His on-wiki behavior more than verifies this. His candidacy for arbcom was based on "bringing back civility" and he immediately began giving curt or even insulting non-answers to the questions the community asked him. Then he edit warred, then escalated to wheel warring, and when it went to arbcom he presented no evidence in his own defense and formulated a series of bizarre findings of fact that were almost entirely focused on one question I asked him several days before the actual events that were the focus of the case, trying to boomerang it o me, which failed spectacularly.
And for those that aren't aware he was also a lawyer IRL who has a dubious history. So, not at all a good choice for Arbcom. We need to abolish the arbcom or at least get good candidates (which is pretty hard given the degenerates in the community from which to choose new candidates.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:23 pm

Jeff Hawke wrote:
Randy from Boise wrote:
senior Wikipedian ... conviction that he is totally right ... contempt for those who disagree ... stubborn refusal to concede an inch ... surely not
Hi Poetlister's invisible friend!

t

Whoops, I'm sorry Jeff Hawke, I forgot to include this link so that you could understand what I'm saying in New Zealand English...

https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wT
Last edited by Randy from Boise on Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kumioko
Muted

Unread post by Kumioko » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:24 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:
Jeff Hawke wrote:
Randy from Boise wrote:
Hi Poetlister's invisible friend!

t
If be senior you mean admin I would agree! But Fred is a good example of an admin that should have been demoted a long time ago and is only kept around because admin for life!
Last edited by Kumioko on Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C&B
Habitué

Unread post by C&B » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:25 pm

Kumioko wrote: And for those that aren't aware he was also a lawyer IRL who has a dubious history.
Is he still phoning clients for sex. Way to avoid paying $5 a minute doing it on a company device!
"Someone requests clarification and before you know it you find yourself in the Star Chamber."

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:13 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:
Randy from Boise wrote:

RfB
Yes, his behaviour in front of Arbcom was unbelievable. As a former Arb, and a former lawyer, he should certainly have known better. I'm not going to attempt an amateur psychiatric diagnosis of someone I've never met, but such behaviour might be regarded as irrational.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:15 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:Hi Poetlister's invisible friend!

t

Whoops, I'm sorry Jeff Hawke, I forgot to include this link so that you could understand what I'm saying in New Zealand English...

I think this is a reference to Harvey (film) (T-H-L). Randy has discovered that Jeff Hawke is in fact a giant invisible pink rabbit.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:45 pm

Time is getting short.
Three more days and out.

Almost no Fram related activity visible.

Makes you wonder if the proposed decision is going to drop onto the page like a gallon of wet shit.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:58 pm

If Eric Corbett shot someone, some editors would criticize that person for obstructing EC's bullet. – Levivich 21:26, 4 September 2019 (UTC)

el84
Gregarious
Actual Name: Andy E

Unread post by el84 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:55 am

It looks like the remaining arbs don't want to retouch the German War Effort decision with a 100-foot barge pole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... war_effort

Amendment request has been up since 30 August, which basically is Coffman saying that the MilHist project is ignoring the findings of the Arbitration decision from last year. Cue the usual suspects in the comments, and absolutely nothing from any arb or clerk. It'd go hand in hand with the Polish Holocaust case...

(I would've resurrected the forum post for this but it is locked)

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:39 pm

C&B wrote:
Kumioko wrote: And for those that aren't aware he was also a lawyer IRL who has a dubious history.
Is he still phoning clients for sex. Way to avoid paying $5 a minute doing it on a company device!
$300 an hour probably seems reasonable to some people.

Lots of lawyer jokes to be made, but I'll give old Fred a break.

RfB

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:51 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:Lots of lawyer jokes to be made, but I'll give old Fred a break.

RfB
This is an unusually mellow Randy. :blink: When did Fred ever give anyone a break?

Beeblebrox
Habitué

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:32 am

Poetlister wrote:
Randy from Boise wrote:Hi Poetlister's invisible friend!

t

I think this is a reference to Harvey (film) (T-H-L). Randy has discovered that Jeff Hawke is in fact a giant invisible pink rabbit.
I was in a stage production of that in high school as Dr. Sanderson. It's a great story.

Gregarious

Unread post by 10920 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:35 am

Everyone on the current ArbCom should not only be voted out, but they should be stripped of any advanced permissions they have.

They have repeatedly lied to the community as a body and not one of them has had the spine to come forward and be honest.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:19 am

10920 wrote:Everyone on the current ArbCom should not only be voted out, but they should be stripped of any advanced permissions they have.

They have repeatedly lied to the community as a body and not one of them has had the spine to come forward and be honest.
:agree:

Certainly, anyone who acquired advanced permissions due to being an Arb should lose them.

Beeblebrox
Habitué

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:45 pm

You can wish for that all day but it ain't gonna happen...

Moral Hazard
Super Genius
Wikipedia User: Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Nom de plume: Kiefer Wolfowitz

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:15 pm

Next, I was hoping for ArbCom to sentence itself to decimation:
A random arb has to be made the subject of an Arbcom case, desysoped, and banned.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”
Neal Stephenson (T-H-L) Cryptonomicon

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:19 pm

Moral Hazard wrote:Next, I was hoping for ArbCom to sentence itself to decimation:
A random arb has to be made the subject of an Arbcom case, desysoped, and banned.
A sacrifice to the Dramah God!

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:36 am

Moral Hazard wrote:Next, I was hoping for ArbCom to sentence itself to decimation:
With all the resignations, they're well past the point of decimation...

RfB

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:07 am

Randy from Boise wrote:
With all the resignations, they're well past the point of decimation...

RfB
We can only hope for a wikigenocide in the next election.

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:10 am

Moral Hazard wrote:A random arb has to be made the subject of an Arbcom case, desysoped, and banned.
The suppressed, delirious fantasies of a deranged mind.
Randy from Boise wrote: With all the resignations, they're well past the point of decimation...
Seems so. This might be the last season of "ArbCom: the years of judgement"...
Guess what comes next...

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:40 am

Osborne wrote:
Moral Hazard wrote:A random arb has to be made the subject of an Arbcom case, desysoped, and banned.
The suppressed, delirious fantasies of a deranged mind.
Randy from Boise wrote: With all the resignations, they're well past the point of decimation...
Seems so. This might be the last season of "ArbCom: the years of judgement"...
Guess what comes next...
New York Brad on Dancing With the Stars?

RfB