Abd indeffed on wikiversity

Discussions on Wikimedia governance
Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Abd indeffed on wikiversity

Unread post by Vigilant » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:09 pm

Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Michaeldsuarez
Wikipedia Review Member: Michaeldsuarez

Re: Abd indeffed on wikiversity

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:01 pm

https://en.wikiversity.org/w/index.php?title=Wikiversity:Colloquium&diff=1433108&oldid=1433091
Dave knows almost nothing about dispute resolution procedures on a wiki. I've been astonished to find that, but it's not terribly surprising, given his history. His high activity in site maintenance would not teach him this. Wikiversity mostly avoids conflict, so one may not gain much experience in this here. Dave started enwiki and Wikiversity activity when the wiki was relatively dead, he started editing in 2012. His enwiki activity remains very thin. Many users there never see ANI, or read ArbCom cases. Consider how Dave became a permanent custodian, who made that happen? (If you don't know, ask!) I work outside the rules, but in line with anticipation of community consensus, which is the ''real rule.'' Someone constrained by "the rules" would not have been able to do what I did.

Wikis delegate, not authority, but power. Campus cops may have guns. What authority do they have? -- only ''ad hoc authority,'' that is, the power to govern their own actions, (which can include arrest), subject to review by the real authorities. --[[User:Abd|Abd]] ([[User talk:Abd|discuss]] • [[Special:Contributions/Abd|contribs]]) 05:03, 14 September 2015 (UTC)
Isn' what Abd said about Dave true for nearly all wiki sysops? They're chosen for edit counts ("high activity in site maintenance") instead of leadership or dispute resolution skills. Perhaps that's an issue wiki communities should be permitted to have discussions about. Anons and short-term editors write most of Wikipedia's content, while the massive-edit-count editors mainly engage in adding categories, formatting, and typo-correcting, often with bots.

I believe that there's a lot of truth in what Abd wrote, but the truth strings, and people like Dave don't like being stung by the truth. They prefer flattery; no offensive yet provocative statements allowed. Typical professor. No wonder his own students hate him.
Last edited by Michaeldsuarez on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:12 pm

Michaeldsuarez wrote:Isn' what Abd said about Dave true for nearly all wiki sysops? They're chosen for edit counts ("high activity in site maintenance") instead of leadership or dispute resolution skills. Perhaps that's an issue wiki communities should be permitted to have discussions about. Anons and short-term editors write most of Wikipedia's content, while the massive-edit-count editors mainly engage in adding categories, formatting, and typo-correcting, often with bots.
In my experience, many admins cause more disputes than they resolve.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

The Joy
Habitué
Wikipedia Review Member: The Joy

Unread post by The Joy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:16 pm

"Rate My Professors" is no different than Wikipedia. You have no idea who is providing the criticism or if they are speaking the truth. It's all subjective, not objective. I wouldn't use anything there against any college instructor. U.S. higher education isn't the happy place it used to be if it was ever happy at all. I was told before leaving high school that I should be thankful if a college professor (particularly in the hard sciences) was interested in seeing you learn at all. I had an "everything is self-explanatory" college math instructor and had to rely on my roommate's class notes from another math instructor in order to understand anything. He's still there as an adjunct and will remain there until he can't self-explanatory anything anymore. I didn't complain about it and I accepted it as part of college life. I also knew that I should have gone to the college's tutoring center for the class, but I was lazy since it wasn't related to my major. Alas, the stupidity of youth! :frustrated:

I have no idea if Professor Braunschweig is one of the sane ones at Wikiversity. It's hard to tell who's the sanest in an insane asylum. He'll be glad to have never met "Everything you know is wrong" Ottava Rima and Emesee who was a custodian, but then he went crazy, ran to Wikipedia Review, created several sock puppets at Wikiversity, and created a criticism website that lasted a few months. Maybe he, JWSchmidt, and Moulton would've gotten along? Maybe not.

What was the point of Wikiversity again? :unsure:
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"Is it your thesis that my avatar in this MMPONWMG was mugged?" -Moulton

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:40 pm

The Joy wrote:I have no idea if Professor Braunschweig is one of the sane ones at Wikiversity.
He blocked Wikiversity's greatest visionary and guiding light. Nearly no one other than Abd understood what Wikiversity should be like.
The Joy wrote:What was the point of Wikiversity again? :unsure:
Sharing. Wikiversity is a place to share learning resources and experiences. Now they've eliminated yet another person who actively sought to share and build, because they believe that feelings must be protected at all costs.

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:04 am

How can Abd be a visionary and guiding light when Wikiversity's community does not want to follow him?
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:47 am

The Joy wrote:How can Abd be a visionary and guiding light when Wikiversity's community does not want to follow him?
Athens' democracy had Socrates killed.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:01 am

Michaeldsuarez wrote:
The Joy wrote:How can Abd be a visionary and guiding light when Wikiversity's community does not want to follow him?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:45 am

I doubt Abd has ever willingly left any forum. Ever.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

etiamidlewild
Contributor

Unread post by etiamidlewild » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:20 am

Michaeldsuarez wrote:
The Joy wrote:I have no idea if Professor Braunschweig is one of the sane ones at Wikiversity.
He blocked Wikiversity's greatest visionary and guiding light. Nearly no one other than Abd understood what Wikiversity should be like.
The Joy wrote:What was the point of Wikiversity again? :unsure:
Sharing. Wikiversity is a place to share learning resources and experiences. Now they've eliminated yet another person who actively sought to share and build, because they believe that feelings must be protected at all costs.
Eliminating the people on the projects who are actively sharing knowledge and building an encyclopedia is a common practice in the WMF wiki's these days. There are a few on every project who built their wiki careers on getting rid of content builders. All they have to do is cite Not here or Disruption or accuse them of being a sockpuppet of some previously banned user and that's all she wrote. The result will be a decision based on who of the 2 has the stronger reputation, the accuser or the accused.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:06 pm

etiamidlewild wrote:Eliminating the people on the projects who are actively sharing knowledge and building an encyclopedia is a common practice in the WMF wiki's these days. There are a few on every project who built their wiki careers on getting rid of content builders. All they have to do is cite Not here or Disruption or accuse them of being a sockpuppet of some previously banned user and that's all she wrote. The result will be a decision based on who of the 2 has the stronger reputation, the accuser or the accused.
:welcome:

Wikiversity is quite unique among WMF projects. It makes no attempt to be a reference work of any sort. For example, there are many articles that look like Wikipedia articles but are riddled with errors and original research, but nobody minds because they are "educational".

etiamidlewild
Contributor

Unread post by etiamidlewild » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:44 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Never edited there myself nor really even heard of it. Might give it a go. Thanks for the insight. Sounds like they have an opening.:-)

greyed.out.fields
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: I AM your guilty pleasure
Actual Name: Written addiction

Unread post by greyed.out.fields » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:58 am

Randy from Boise wrote:
Michaeldsuarez wrote:
[[User:Socrates]], due to your continuing disruptive [[WP:UNHEMLOCK]] requests, your talk page access has been revoked. If you wish to contest this Hemlock, please contact the Hemock Appeals Subcommittee by parchment.

By the same artist:
The administrator cabal vow to gang up on [insert WP:USER name here]

The fate of a WP content contributor

Wikipedia - always improving!

Captions are Serving suggestion (T-H-L)s only.*

*Sweet Lord Denning in Heaven, that article is about a basic principle of advertising and consumer law across the all Anglo-American jurisdictions in both legislative and common law. And doesn't have a single reference. :picard:
a cien años de soledad no tenían una segunda oportunidad en la tierra

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:43 pm

Michaeldsuarez wrote:
Seriously? :blink:
This is not a signature.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:12 pm

SB_Johnny wrote:
Michaeldsuarez wrote:
Seriously? :blink:
Are you suggesting otherwise?

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:35 am

Wikiversity really should change their "Block" policy to "Hemlock."
12:25, 14 September 2015 Dave Braunschweig (discuss | contribs) hemlocked Abd (discuss | contribs) with an expiry time of indefinite (cannot create accounts) (Intimidation, harassment, or vulgar language: Continued personal attacks against the polis.)

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:55 am

The Joy wrote:Wikiversity really should change their "Block" policy to "Hemlock."
12:25, 14 September 2015 Dave Braunschweig (discuss | contribs) hemlocked Abd (discuss | contribs) with an expiry time of indefinite (cannot create accounts) (Intimidation, harassment, or vulgar language: Continued personal attacks against the polis.)
Perhaps a random demise from a list like the early Unix cookies file.

Jim
Blue Meanie
Wikipedia User: Begoon
Wikipedia Review Member: Jim

Unread post by Jim » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:07 am

02:38, 15 October 2015 Dave Braunschweig (discuss | contribs) unhemlocked Abd (discuss | contribs) (Agreement to focus comments on issues rather than editors.)
Abd talkpage wrote:I have abandoned the effort to create the Wikiversity I envisioned, as I failed to create the necessary conditions. I am now heavily occupied elsewhere, in ways that are far more rewarding, routinely. However, there are resources here that are valuable, with incoming links, and which should be maintained; for example, a "citation needed" template was added to one, and a citation is easily supplied. Thanks. --Abd (discuss • contribs) 23:41, 14 October 2015 (UTC)

The block itself was very specific. Additional restrictions on the unblock would not be appropriate. However, I sincerely hope that we will be able to avoid disruptions and discussions that have a net negative effect on Wikiversity. I appreciate your understanding. -- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 02:43, 15 October 2015 (UTC)

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:27 am

Jim wrote:02:38, 15 October 2015 Dave Braunschweig (discuss | contribs) unhemlocked Abd (discuss | contribs) (Agreement to focus comments on issues rather than editors.)
Abd talkpage wrote:I have abandoned the effort to create the Wikiversity I envisioned, as I failed to create the necessary conditions. I am now heavily occupied elsewhere, in ways that are far more rewarding, routinely. However, there are resources here that are valuable, with incoming links, and which should be maintained; for example, a "citation needed" template was added to one, and a citation is easily supplied. Thanks. --Abd (discuss • contribs) 23:41, 14 October 2015 (UTC)

The block itself was very specific. Additional restrictions on the unblock would not be appropriate. However, I sincerely hope that we will be able to avoid disruptions and discussions that have a net negative effect on Wikiversity. I appreciate your understanding. -- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 02:43, 15 October 2015 (UTC)
Abd poll: Date of the next block?

I say December 7th. Happy Pearl Harbor day.

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:39 am

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/User_ta ... Good_block
Good block. Keep up the good work. He poisoned so much and chased away so many people. He was encouraged by a group who wanted to destroy Wikipedia in general, and felt that destroying Wikiversity was a first step. Ottava Rima (talk) 21:37, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
So Abd was acting on Wikipediocracy's behalf? :rotfl:

Technically, Wikipediocracy has more of a "sunlight is the best disinfectant" philosophy than the old "Wikipedia must die!" way. If our pointing out Wikipedia's flaws destroys it or reforms it, it's all good.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:59 am

The Joy wrote:https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/User_ta ... Good_block
Good block. Keep up the good work. He poisoned so much and chased away so many people. He was encouraged by a group who wanted to destroy Wikipedia in general, and felt that destroying Wikiversity was a first step. Ottava Rima (talk) 21:37, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
So Abd was acting on Wikipediocracy's behalf? :rotfl:

Technically, Wikipediocracy has more of a "sunlight is the best disinfectant" philosophy than the old "Wikipedia must die!" way. If our pointing out Wikipedia's flaws destroys it or reforms it, it's all good.
His one edit this year.

They should sew Abd and Ottava into a bag and throw it in the river.

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:58 am

Vigilant wrote:Abd poll: Date of the next block?

I say December 7th. Happy Pearl Harbor day.
You have to allow time for another attempt at sysop, or the Drama God will not be happy, so, say, Christmas?
Vigilant wrote:They should sew Abd and Ottava into a bag and throw it in the river.
(Lokai beams himself away)
UHURA: Captain, someone has activated the transporter mechanism.
KIRK: Spock, anyone in the transporter room?
SPOCK: Negative, Captain. Transporter room is clear. However, there is a life-form materialising on the planet. It is Lokai. He is back on Cheron.
KIRK: There's nobody there to try him. His judges are all dead.
UHURA: Captain, the transporter mechanism has been activated again.
KIRK: Of course.
SPOCK: It is Bele, Captain. And another life-form has appeared on Cheron.
UHURA: It doesn't make any sense.
SPOCK: To expect sense from two mentalities of such extreme viewpoints is not logical.
SULU: But their planet's dead. Does it matter now which one's right?
SPOCK: Not to Lokai and Bele. All that matters to them is their hate.
UHURA: Do you suppose that's all they ever had, sir?
KIRK: No, but that's all they have left. Warp factor two, Mister Sulu. Set course for Starbase Four.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:20 pm

Can anyone recall if Ottava has an account on Wikipedia Review? If so, does that imply that this is more of a badsite than WR?

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:10 pm

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/User_talk:Dave_Braunschweig/Archive2#Good_block
Wait, let's compare the following:

https://en.wikiversity.org/w/index.php?title=Wikiversity:Candidates_for_Custodianship/Dave_Braunschweig&diff=1226816
All I can see are a lot of page moves and very little admin work besides basic cleanup deletions. Why do you want to be an admin? [[User:Ottava Rima|Ottava Rima]] ([[User talk:Ottava Rima|talk]]) 03:37, 10 September 2014 (UTC)
https://en.wikiversity.org/w/index.php?title=Wikiversity:Colloquium&diff=1433108
Dave knows almost nothing about dispute resolution procedures on a wiki. I've been astonished to find that, but it's not terribly surprising, given his history. His high activity in site maintenance would not teach him this. Wikiversity mostly avoids conflict, so one may not gain much experience in this here. Dave started enwiki and Wikiversity activity when the wiki was relatively dead, he started editing in 2012. His enwiki activity remains very thin. Many users there never see ANI, or read ArbCom cases. Consider how Dave became a permanent custodian, who made that happen? (If you don't know, ask!) I work outside the rules, but in line with anticipation of community consensus, which is the ''real rule.'' Someone constrained by "the rules" would not have been able to do what I did.

Wikis delegate, not authority, but power. Campus cops may have guns. What authority do they have? -- only ''ad hoc authority,'' that is, the power to govern their own actions, (which can include arrest), subject to review by the real authorities. --[[User:Abd|Abd]] ([[User talk:Abd|discuss]] • [[Special:Contributions/Abd|contribs]]) 05:03, 14 September 2015 (UTC)
Both at one time or another believed that Dave Braunschweig wouldn't make a good sysop and for similar reasons, yet when Dave Braunschweig blocks Ottava's arch-nemesis, Ottava plays the sycophant. Ottava ought to be defending Abd and his right to make such comments.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Michaeldsuarez wrote:Ottava ought to be defending Abd and his right to make such comments.
The correlation between what Ottava ought to do and what he does is not positive. I suspect that it is clearly negative.

The Joy
Habitué

Unread post by The Joy » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:50 pm

Poetlister wrote:
Can anyone recall if Ottava has an account on Wikipedia Review? If so, does that imply that this is more of a badsite than WR?
Yes, he did. He obsessed over Geogre, Giano, and the other Featured Article writers for being "terrible." All I remember is any statement made by anyone besides Ottava was considered "idiotic" by Ottava. He ended up banned and we could never mention his name again in public without the staff getting e-mails from him years after he was gone.

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:59 am

Poetlister wrote:
Michaeldsuarez wrote:Ottava ought to be defending Abd and his right to make such comments.
The correlation between what Ottava ought to do and what he does is not positive. I suspect that it is clearly negative.
Spock wrote:To expect sense from mentalities of such extreme viewpoints is not logical.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:23 am

The Joy wrote:
Poetlister wrote:
Yes, he did. He obsessed over Geogre, Giano, and the other Featured Article writers for being "terrible." All I remember is any statement made by anyone besides Ottava was considered "idiotic" by Ottava. He ended up banned and we could never mention his name again in public without the staff getting e-mails from him years after he was gone.
I particularly remember the thread where he baldly asserted than any parent who took naked pictures of their kids playing in the sprinkler was a child molester and needed to be arrested.

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:45 am

Vigilant wrote:I particularly remember the thread where he baldly asserted than any parent who took naked pictures of their kids playing in the sprinkler was a child molester and needed to be arrested.
Those were the days, my friend. We thought they'd never end.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:58 am

Jim wrote:
Vigilant wrote:I particularly remember the thread where he baldly asserted than any parent who took naked pictures of their kids playing in the sprinkler was a child molester and needed to be arrested.
Those were the days, my friend. We thought they'd never end.
Sadly, that link doesn't work for me anymore...

However, I can see this one
http://wikipediareview.com/lofiversion/ ... 2-100.html

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:53 am

Vigilant wrote:Sadly, that link doesn't work for me anymore...
:XD Oh yeah. B&. Try this.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:18 am

Jim wrote:
Was I banned?
I don't recall...

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:30 am

Vigilant wrote:
Jim wrote:
Was I banned?
I don't recall...
Sorry. I assumed you couldn't log in to see the link, and thought that might be why. I'm astonished it's still there, actually.

I put it here as well, because DropBox is slow...

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:06 am

I had forgotten just how insane that discussion was. Ottava took it upon himself to redefine the concepts of pedophilia, nakedness, and what a vagina is!

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:26 pm

Zoloft wrote:I had forgotten just how insane that discussion was. Ottava took it upon himself to redefine the concepts of pedophilia, nakedness, and what a vagina is!
Arguing with women over what constitutes a vagina.
He's a peach.

Auggie
Regular

Unread post by Auggie » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:28 am

:rotfl:

Abd

That dude's crazy. :banana:

greyed.out.fields
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: I AM your guilty pleasure
Actual Name: Written addiction

Unread post by greyed.out.fields » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:26 am

Vigilant wrote: Perhaps a random demise from a list like the early Unix cookies file.
I have almost no idea what that means. Can you explain?

(Remembering that your audience was still using a PC running Windows 95 until 2004, and used to improve its performance stop it crashing so often by taking off the side panels and blowing out the dust with a hair dryer, of course.)
a cien años de soledad no tenían una segunda oportunidad en la tierra

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:01 am

Auggie wrote::rotfl:

Abd

That dude's crazy. :banana:
Keep up; we were just discussing Ottava. Abd has managed to have children, so he may be better informed about female anatomy that Ottava is.

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:22 am

greyed.out.fields wrote:
Vigilant wrote: Perhaps a random demise from a list like the early Unix cookies file.
I have almost no idea what that means. Can you explain?

(Remembering that your audience was still using a PC running Windows 95 until 2004, and used to improve its performance stop it crashing so often by taking off the side panels and blowing out the dust with a hair dryer, of course.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortune_(Unix)

"Cookie" as in "fortune cookie".

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:26 pm

:grumble:

:mutter:

Kids these days.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:06 am

Anyone want to take bets on how long it take Abd to get himself blocked on Quora?
Thanks. What I have abandoned is a personal effort to make it happen. I will support the efforts of others. I did not succeed in creating the community that is required, and, specifically, leadership other than my own. I'm trained in creating community projects, that was a big red flag.
In hindsight, it's obvious. I'm now active on Quora, where the quality of regular participation is astonishing, and where my work is not only accepted, it is requested and acknowledged. Quora provides statistics, and my page views are now running above 6000 views per day (from about 1000 when I was neglecting Quora for Wikiversity, and ). I am profusely thanked, every day. I'm making a difference in the lives of people, and engaging with teenage kids, mothers, people seeking relationship advice, as well as some of the best thinkers on the planet, some of whom are welcoming me and acknowledging me. This is my profile page there: [4] (Quora requires real names, by the way.) (I haven't edited my Quora bio since the block).
The block and reaction to it demonstrated that Wikiversity isn't safe, as more or less the last straw in a series of incidents showing this (involving others). --Abd (discuss • contribs) 03:38, 16 October 2015 (UTC)
Every single new venue is 'teh bestest evar' for him... until he gets banned, that is. Every. Single. Time.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:30 pm

Quora is a weird place. All sorts of strange things might happen there. Mind you, that's also true of Wikiversity.

Auggie
Regular

Unread post by Auggie » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:32 pm

Vigilant wrote:Anyone want to take bets on how long it take Abd to get himself blocked on Quora?
Every single new venue is 'teh bestest evar' for him... until he gets banned, that is. Every. Single. Time.
:XD That's pretty funny. When he gets kicked off the Martha Stewart blog we'll know he's hit rock bottom.
Poetlister wrote: Keep up; we were just discussing Ottava. Abd has managed to have children, so he may be better informed about female anatomy that Ottava is.
Ottava's fine in my book. It looks like you're making a lame attempt at some kind of 8th grade bullying, TBH. :B'

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Don't blame me. It was Vigilant who said "Arguing with women over what constitutes a vagina. He's a peach."

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:07 pm

I'll do that wikipedian "coming out of recent retirement" thing just to point out that this thread is now the Poethorde arguing with Auggie about whether we were talking about Abd or Ottava. It made me smile. That's all.
Last edited by Jim on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:08 pm

Jim wrote:"I'll do that wikipedian "coming out of recent retirement" thing just to point out that this thread is now the Poethorde arguing with Auggie about whether we were talking about Abd or Ottava. It made me smile. That's all.
I think they call that 'Nostalgia.'

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Zoloft wrote:I think they call that 'Nostalgia.'
They used to. I remember those days.

Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:25 pm

Jim wrote:
What happened to your avatar?

Jim
Blue Meanie

Unread post by Jim » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:28 pm

Vigilant wrote:
Jim wrote:
What happened to your avatar?
The cat is withdrawn until Greg admits he was a bit rude and unnecessary. It's a pointless, shit, illogical and emotionally hyperbolic gesture on my part, but hey, this is the internet.

Auggie
Regular

Unread post by Auggie » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:05 pm

Jim wrote:I'll do that wikipedian "coming out of recent retirement" thing just to point out that this thread is now the Poethorde arguing with Auggie about whether we were talking about Abd or Ottava. It made me smile. That's all.
:XD

That guy's going to be around long after the last Jimbo statue crumbles into the ground.