2014 Greg Kohs Case at Arbcom

Discussions on Wikimedia governance
eagle
Eagle
kołdry

Re: 2014 Greg Kohs Case at Arbcom

Unread post by eagle » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:27 pm

Returning to the starting point of the dispute, the "safe space" policy of WikiConference USA, we have a new development. For many years, meetups in the Washington DC area have been organized by Wikimedia DC, the local chapter. However, two New Yorkers, whose names will be familiar to those who followed WikiConference USA, are coming to Washington DC to conduct a meetup outside of Wikimedia DC channels:
The Sunday November 16, 2014, WMDC/ New York Wikimedians meetup is scheduled for 6-9pm at Soho Tea & Coffee, (open till 11pm), 2150 P St NW, near Dupont Circle Metro red line stop. their website Yelp Google Map. The space has wifi, so if anyone wants to show us your projects, or do some collaborative editing, that could be fun as well. Please invite whoever you like!

Lane and I are looking forward to meeting and greeting all of you and talking more about Wikipedia and opportunities for collaboration.

I hope to see you there.

Yours,
Dorothy Howard
User: OR drohowa
On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Dorothy Howard <dorohoward@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,
Myself, User:OR drohowa, and Lane Raspberry User:Bluerasberry, of Wikimedia NYC will be in Washington D.C. next week, also joined by three of our co-organziers and friends of the Art+Feminism Wikipedia campaign, and would like to invite members of Wikimedia D.C. and the D.C. Wiki community to join a Wikipedia social/meetup to talk about regional Wikipedia projects and ideas on Sunday Nov. 16th.
The meetup is being planned for 6-9pm, at a location TBD- near Pennsylvania Ave, somewhere with food and wifi, preferably.
Please RSVP on the Meetup page we created for the Social, and stay tuned as we announce a location.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... NYC_Social - to that point, if anyone has any ideas of good meeting spots with food near Pennsylvania Ave. that are open Sundays 6-9pm and (preferably) have wifi, do PM me and let us know.
Because we can "invite whoever you like", I am inviting Greg, Kumioko and everyone else to attend.

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:07 am

eagle wrote:Because we can "invite whoever you like", I am inviting Greg, Kumioko and everyone else to attend.
November 16th, eh? Guess who has tickets to the Michigan State - Maryland game in College Park, MD on the night of November 15th?
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

eagle
Eagle

Unread post by eagle » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:20 am

thekohser wrote:
eagle wrote:Because we can "invite whoever you like", I am inviting Greg, Kumioko and everyone else to attend.
November 16th, eh? Guess who has tickets to the Michigan State - Maryland game in College Park, MD on the night of November 15th?
Although I can't offer you a place to spend the night, I can show you a good time prior to the meetup. Please contact me off-off-wiki.

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Michaeldsuarez
Wikipedia Review Member: Michaeldsuarez

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:45 pm

Why is this thread stickied?

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:24 pm

Michaeldsuarez wrote:Why is this thread stickied?
We sticky a few posts by request, some longer than others. Triptych's election guide is another example.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

thekohser
Majordomo
Wikipedia User: Thekohser
Wikipedia Review Member: thekohser
Actual Name: Gregory Kohs

Unread post by thekohser » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:21 pm

I'd say this could be unstickified.
"...making nonsensical connections and culminating in feigned surprise, since 2006..."

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:30 pm

thekohser wrote:I'd say this could be unstickified.
This is not a signature.

Konveyor Belt
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: formerly Konveyor Belt

Unread post by Konveyor Belt » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:37 pm

A suggested rematch seems to be taking place at User_talk:Jimbo_Wales#Case_study:_Bullies_claiming_to_be_bullied (T-H-L) and the above sections
Last edited by Hex on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wparticle tag needs underscores instead of spaces if you want to link to a section
Always improving...