Bbb23 chastised by Arbcom, quits Wikipedia (on April Fool's Day)

Discussions on Wikimedia governance
Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
kołdry
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Re: Bbb23 chastised by Arbcom, quits Wikipedia (on April Fool's Day)

Unread post by Vigilant » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:45 am

Newyorkbrad wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:09 am
Vigilant wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:13 am
Lyallpuri wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:21 am
Okay, but can we talk about Ritchie333 (T-C-L)'s longstanding habit of assuming that his interpretation of every policy is the correct one in the eyes of the public, and any admins disagreeing must be doing so against consensus? I get that we have an unwritten policy of not criticising fellow WPO members, but Ritchie is just too much too often.
We don't have any such policy.
Yeah, I can confirm that.
lol

Good to see you.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Lyallpuri
Critic

Unread post by Lyallpuri » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:22 pm

Okay, that's strange, because I've seen it invoked a few times, including once by Poetlister in the specific case of Ritchie. Good to know, though, going forward.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:52 pm

Lyallpuri wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:22 pm
Okay, that's strange, because I've seen it invoked a few times, including once by Poetlister in the specific case of Ritchie. Good to know, though, going forward.
Well, y'know, for some people any form of criticism is treated as an "attack." (About 60-70 percent of Wikipedians, for example.)

So it's OK to say, "Ritchie, for a long time you've shown a propensity for assuming your interpretation of policy is always the correct one in the eyes of the public, and that any admins who disagree with your interpretation must be doing so against consensus." After that, we just have to hope it doesn't devolve into something more like "Ritchie, you're an arrogant doody-head and an obnoxious control freak," and from there into a series of obscenities, putting aside the possibility that this might have been what you wanted to say in the first place.

Ritchie333
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Ritchie333

Unread post by Ritchie333 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:39 pm

Yeah, you can disagree about me all you like. It's a broad church here.

As for why Rollback rubs me up the wrong way ... I think it's because I normally see it associated with the sort of people who don't do much encyclopedia writing and do lots of "busywork". But that's just my 2c.

Trismic
Critic
Actual Name: Tristan

Unread post by Trismic » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:33 pm

Ritchie333 wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:39 pm
As for why Rollback rubs me up the wrong way ... I think it's because I normally see it associated with the sort of people who don't do much encyclopedia writing and do lots of "busywork". But that's just my 2c.
Speaking of which, I wonder why CLCstudent hasn’t made a SO petition yet?

Ripper
Contributor
Nom de plume: Cowboys and Admins Suck

Unread post by Ripper » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:42 pm

First post here.

https://www.conservapedia.com/index.php ... id=1847430

I really wish it was Bbb23 who wrote this, but I think it's someone who is upset about Bbb23's treatment of them.
Bbb23 wrote: Hello. I am Bbb23. I was on Wikipedia for several years, as an admin and CheckUser. I spent the entirety of nearly every day wasting my life on CheckUser and investigating IPs for sockpuppets. I also loved blocking random, innocent people, silencing them whenever they criticize me or make dumb, pointless unblock requests.

I enjoyed that until 2020, when the Arbitration Committee took away my CheckUser rights because I “abused” them. I was extremely irate and I’m still not feeling better about it. I may finally get over it in 69420, 67,400 years after I left Wikipedia. I still occasionally come back to block trolls, and I wish I was still a CU so I can provoke people.

I enjoy opera music and speak a little bit of French.
"I may finally get over it in 69420" Nice.

The Garbage Scow
Habitué
Wikipedia User: The Master

Unread post by The Garbage Scow » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:50 pm

Ripper wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:42 pm
First post here.

https://www.conservapedia.com/index.php ... id=1847430

I really wish it was Bbb23 who wrote this, but I think it's someone who is upset about Bbb23's treatment of them.
Bbb23 wrote: Hello. I am Bbb23. I was on Wikipedia for several years, as an admin and CheckUser. I spent the entirety of nearly every day wasting my life on CheckUser and investigating IPs for sockpuppets. I also loved blocking random, innocent people, silencing them whenever they criticize me or make dumb, pointless unblock requests.

I enjoyed that until 2020, when the Arbitration Committee took away my CheckUser rights because I “abused” them. I was extremely irate and I’m still not feeling better about it. I may finally get over it in 69420, 67,400 years after I left Wikipedia. I still occasionally come back to block trolls, and I wish I was still a CU so I can provoke people.

I enjoy opera music and speak a little bit of French.
"I may finally get over it in 69420" Nice.
:welcome: