Prioryman - Out of Control

Discussions on Wikimedia governance
dogbiscuit
Retired
kołdry
Wikipedia User: tiucsibgod

Prioryman - Out of Control

Unread post by dogbiscuit » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:06 am

Looking at how he operates, where in plain sight (phrase of the week) he openly abuses Wikipedian processes to his own ends, how come Wikipedia is incapable of reigning him in, even at the point where he is openly criticised for bringing Wikipedia into disrepute?

As a previously banned user, it is amazing that nobody has got an ArbCom case going.

It seems to me that Prioryman is a classic "Hasten the day!" Wikipedian. Should we encourage the members here to go silent on criticism of him knowing how much damage he is doing to the project?
Time for a new signature.

TungstenCarbide
Habitué
Wikipedia User: TungstenCarbide
Wikipedia Review Member: TungstenCarbide

Re: Prioryman - Out of Control

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:24 am

dogbiscuit wrote:Looking at how he operates, where in plain sight (phrase of the week) he openly abuses Wikipedian processes to his own ends, how come Wikipedia is incapable of reigning him in, even at the point where he is openly criticised for bringing Wikipedia into disrepute?

As a previously banned user, it is amazing that nobody has got an ArbCom case going.
The WMUK crowd has some traction, for now.
dogbiscuit wrote:It seems to me that Prioryman is a classic "Hasten the day!" Wikipedian. Should we encourage the members here to go silent on criticism of him knowing how much damage he is doing to the project?
Can't be a proponent of 'hasten the day' while also claiming to be an honest critic, i think.
Gone hiking. also, beware of women with crazy head gear and a dagger.

lilburne
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Nastytroll
Wikipedia Review Member: Lilburne

Unread post by lilburne » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:49 am

Observe and catalogue until enough material exists to start a landslide.
They have been inserting little memes in everybody's mind
So Google's shills can shriek there whenever they're inclined

dogbiscuit
Retired

Unread post by dogbiscuit » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:59 am

TungstenCarbide wrote:
dogbiscuit wrote:It seems to me that Prioryman is a classic "Hasten the day!" Wikipedian. Should we encourage the members here to go silent on criticism of him knowing how much damage he is doing to the project?
Can't be a proponent of 'hasten the day' while also claiming to be an honest critic, i think.
It is, as Lilburne suggests, a standard tactic, not to commentate on investigations in process (the News International phone hacking scandal was a prime example of gathering lots of information and then managing its release for maximum effect).

The problem here is that there is a conflict between encouraging open discussion of the issues (a forum's purpose) and the wider aims of the reform group that in principle stands behind the forum.

SB_Johnny
Habitué
Wikipedia User: SB_Johnny
Wikipedia Review Member: SB_Johnny

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:39 am

Perhaps we should sketch out an arbcom case on our wiki, so it's ready to throw up next time someone needs it.
This is not a signature.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:47 pm

SB_Johnny wrote:Perhaps we should sketch out an arbcom case on our wiki, so it's ready to throw up next time someone needs it.
I've got a summary written up already. It's far from complete, though.
Mr. Owen did a lot of nasty things to people he editwarred with.

SB_Johnny
Habitué

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:10 pm

EricBarbour wrote:
SB_Johnny wrote:Perhaps we should sketch out an arbcom case on our wiki, so it's ready to throw up next time someone needs it.
I've got a summary written up already. It's far from complete, though.
Mr. Owen did a lot of nasty things to people he editwarred with.
Well, post it on the wiki! :B'

I guess the important part is having the "diffs", and then tying everything to the various wikilaws (policies, previous arbcom decisions, etc.), pointing to previous attempts to correct the behaviors, and peppering it with WP:ACRONYMS. There's probably not much point in going too far into the past though, except for the RTV/wikiresurrection issue.
This is not a signature.

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:38 pm

SB_Johnny wrote:Well, post it on the wiki! :B'
I will, if someone else agrees to check all the references and find some more examples of Chris twisting "policies" for his own use.
AN and 3RR and other noticeboards contain so many complaints about him, it would be impossible to list them all--some can't be
easily found via search.

Problem: I've seen a couple of diffs that were oversighted mysteriously, and so am suspicious that Gerard was helping him by
making things "disappear". That's the primary function of David Gerard, at least it was before he lost his oversight power.

SB_Johnny
Habitué

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:45 pm

EricBarbour wrote:
I will, if someone else agrees to check all the references and find some more examples of Chris twisting "policies" for his own use.
AN and 3RR and other noticeboards contain so many complaints about him, it would be impossible to list them all--some can't be
easily found via search.

Problem: I've seen a couple of diffs that were oversighted mysteriously, and so am suspicious that Gerard was helping him by
making things "disappear". That's the primary function of David Gerard, at least it was before he lost his oversight power.
I'll do some checking and editing. Like I said, the Gerard-era stuff is too old for Arbcom to really take into consideration other than as background though. It's the more recent stuff they'll be looking for.

Fortunately, he's rather prolific at providing new material.
This is not a signature.

DanMurphy
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Dan Murphy
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy

Unread post by DanMurphy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:23 pm

SB_Johnny wrote:
EricBarbour wrote:
easily found via search.

I'll do some checking and editing. Like I said, the Gerard-era stuff is too old for Arbcom to really take into consideration other than as background though. It's the more recent stuff they'll be looking for.

Not to be a party-pooper, but why would you want to focus on some internal wikipedia revenge game involving Mr. Owen? Obviously, I think he's a nasty piece of work. But he's a walking, talking, breathing example of the problems over there (of a different variety than, say, Mr. "Wnt." Owen is not an idiot, just a nasty game-player). Let them draft "arbitration cases" ("High priest Sir. Fozzie, has the council reached a judgement?") and play with wiki-acronym soup.

He flat-out labelled Andreas the owner of a "hate site" today. That is an incredibly nasty slander of a named person. The Wikipedian response? Crickets. Meanwhile, the lynch mob is still trying to decide if it's clubs or the comfy chair for Malleus because he called someone a "dishonest cunt" (or whatever the expletive of the moment was). From having watched Malleus, he's scrupulously honest. Yet he's the one with the problem. Don't enable them.

Not that I'll stand in anyone's way. Just my opinion, etc...

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:00 pm

DanMurphy wrote:Not to be a party-pooper, but why would you want to focus on some internal wikipedia revenge game involving Mr. Owen? Obviously, I think he's a nasty piece of work. But he's a walking, talking, breathing example of the problems over there (of a different variety than, say, Mr. "Wnt." Owen is not an idiot, just a nasty game-player). Let them draft "arbitration cases" ("High priest Sir. Fozzie, has the council reached a judgement?") and play with wiki-acronym soup.

He flat-out labelled Andreas the owner of a "hate site" today. That is an incredibly nasty slander of a named person. The Wikipedian response? Crickets. Meanwhile, the lynch mob is still trying to decide if it's clubs or the comfy chair for Malleus because he called someone a "dishonest cunt" (or whatever the expletive of the moment was). From having watched Malleus, he's scrupulously honest. Yet he's the one with the problem. Don't enable them.
You have a very good point. However, I already had to document Owen's history, so the info is just sitting there.
Most of which is, as Johnny says, "too old for Arbcom". (If they choose to ignore the endless mediations, arbitrations,
screaming matches, and crazed backstabbing smeared all over Owen's history, then they are clearly incompetent.)

SB_Johnny
Habitué

Unread post by SB_Johnny » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:41 pm

DanMurphy wrote:
SB_Johnny wrote:
EricBarbour wrote:
easily found via search.

Not to be a party-pooper, but why would you want to focus on some internal wikipedia revenge game involving Mr. Owen? Obviously, I think he's a nasty piece of work. But he's a walking, talking, breathing example of the problems over there (of a different variety than, say, Mr. "Wnt." Owen is not an idiot, just a nasty game-player). Let them draft "arbitration cases" ("High priest Sir. Fozzie, has the council reached a judgement?") and play with wiki-acronym soup.

Not that I'll stand in anyone's way. Just my opinion, etc...
The absolute irony of a well-researched, neutrally worded, and ironclad arbcom case compiled and tied up with a bow by the good people of the watchdog hate site isn't enough for you? :lol:
This is not a signature.

dogbiscuit
Retired

Unread post by dogbiscuit » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:06 am

I guess the point of raising this was that someone is operating at the highest profile on Wikipedia, doing things that bring Wikipedia into disrepute and nobody does anything about it. To a certain extent I did wonder if a specific thread here might provoke some response. Essentially, Prioryman is the prime example of how fucked up the controls are. Within the Wikipedia hierarchy it is well documented that Prioryman has abused the rules that Wikipedians hold so dear - (socking, abusing the right to vanish, circumventing bans on editing articles, supporting paid editing if not directly being paid, to name but a few) - yet it seems nobody is prepared to take any effective action. The point is to highlight the ineffectiveness of Wikipedia management rather than to have a vendetta against Prioryman as no doubt he will be characterising it as. The longer he stays around, the more it makes the case that Wikipedia is broken.

It seems he has managed to get into that same blind spot as Mantanmoreland (who no doubt is still socking under the noses of everyone), where to take action is to accept that there are fundamental problems with Wikipedia, and therefore, beyond the point of any reason, it is more comfortable to side with him than against him.

DanMurphy
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Dan Murphy
Wikipedia Review Member: DanMurphy

Unread post by DanMurphy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:34 pm

The charm, the charm, it just comes oozing out of every pore:
So who paid for your trip to Gibraltar? Don't you feel we are entitled to know? Carrite (talk) 21:21, 25 October 2012 (UTC)

No, you're not entitled to know, my private life is my own business. Your constant innuendo is vile but no more than what I would expect of one of someone who's crawled out of Wikipediocracy's den of maggots. Prioryman (talk) 21:26, 25 October 2012 (UTC)

dogbiscuit
Retired

Unread post by dogbiscuit » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:46 pm

DanMurphy wrote:The charm, the charm, it just comes oozing out of every pore:
So who paid for your trip to Gibraltar? Don't you feel we are entitled to know? Carrite (talk) 21:21, 25 October 2012 (UTC)

No, you're not entitled to know, my private life is my own business. Your constant innuendo is vile but no more than what I would expect of one of someone who's crawled out of Wikipediocracy's den of maggots. Prioryman (talk) 21:26, 25 October 2012 (UTC)
Carrite should have realised that Prioryman never answers questions on Wiki. Need to come up with some better phrased questions than that. Still he has left a couple of doors open, there was an easy answer to that question and he didn't take it.

Yet another post where there is an unexplained reason why Prioryman is allowed to be foul-mouthed and derogatory about other people while others are hauled off for ArbCom sanctions. No doubt the ArbCom mailing list is once again frothing about how they've cocked things up with ChrisO/Prioryman but can't do anything without losing face.

Silent Editor
Regular
Wikipedia Review Member: Silent Editor

Unread post by Silent Editor » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:32 am

dogbiscuit wrote:

Carrite should have realised that Prioryman never answers questions on Wiki. Need to come up with some better phrased questions than that. Still he has left a couple of doors open, there was an easy answer to that question and he didn't take it.
There may not have been an easy answer. Prioryman did seem to offer to email Huldra regarding it. If Gibraltarpedia/WMUK did not pay for the trip, I'd think that Prioryman would gleefully say so... equally, if they did pay for it, I'd imagine he would passionately explain why there was nothing wrong with him accepting the payment or trip.

So I'm left wondering if it wasn't some other associated person/entity that paid...
-- Silent Editor

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:30 am

Silent Editor wrote:
dogbiscuit wrote:

There may not have been an easy answer. Prioryman did seem to offer to email Huldra regarding it. If Gibraltarpedia/WMUK did not pay for the trip, I'd think that Prioryman would gleefully say so... equally, if they did pay for it, I'd imagine he would passionately explain why there was nothing wrong with him accepting the payment or trip.

So I'm left wondering if it wasn't some other associated person/entity that paid...
Maybe he just read about Gibraltar on Wikipedia's main page and thought it might be a swell place to go on vacation....

RfB

HRIP7
Denizen
Wikipedia User: Jayen466
Wikipedia Review Member: HRIP7
Actual Name: Andreas Kolbe

Unread post by HRIP7 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:36 am

Randy from Boise wrote:Maybe he just read about Gibraltar on Wikipedia's main page and thought it might be a swell place to go on vacation....
:lol:

TungstenCarbide
Habitué

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:04 am

Meanwhile, this post was whacked within two minutes.

:popcorn:

Mason
Habitué

Unread post by Mason » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:48 am

TungstenCarbide wrote:Meanwhile, this post was whacked within two minutes.
Oh, those darn edit conflicts!

I'm sure it was just an accident. AGF!

Incidentally, nice little one-two punch from The Rambling Man and Prioryman there. Take that, Randy from Boise!

Anroth
Nice Scum

Unread post by Anroth » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:03 am

Mason wrote: Incidentally, nice little one-two punch from The Rambling Man and Prioryman there. Take that, Randy from Boise!
I thought the counterpunches were solid enough...

TungstenCarbide
Habitué

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:11 pm

Mason wrote:

Incidentally, nice little one-two punch from The Rambling Man and Prioryman there. Take that, Randy from Boise!
It's not enough that Alison blocks me, right before the world's greatest pumpkin pie recipe makes google#1, but then she has to come by my talk page and gloat. I'm starting to think Brandt was right about the troll blood - either that or she has an unhealthy fascination with me. Anyway, children all over the world will be eating inferior pie on Thanksgiving, thanks to Alison.

I hope you're proud of yourself, young lady. :angry:

Mason
Habitué

Unread post by Mason » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:12 pm

TungstenCarbide wrote:It's not enough that Alison blocks me, right before the world's greatest pumpkin pie recipe makes google#1, but then she has to come by my talk page and gloat. I'm starting to think Brandt was right about the troll blood - either that or she has an unhealthy fascination with me. Anyway, children all over the world will be eating inferior pie on Thanksgiving, thanks to Alison.

Eh, if she hadn't blocked you, someone else would have. Your problem is that, on the Sock Obviousness Scale of 1 to 10, you stick with level 10 (full obviousness), which means the wily sock-hunter Silver Seren can ferret you out.

If you stick with level 9 (90% obviousness) instead, like, say, ScottyBerg (T-C-L), Alison might still block you but Silver Seren would be completely shocked that it's not your first account, and might even start an ArbCom case in your defense.

Mason
Habitué

Unread post by Mason » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Oh, and I see Balph Eubank (T-C-L) is using the occasion of your block to pimp his shitty essay.

When that tool gets indefinitely blocked (and I know of several admins who are itching to do just that), the karma of seeing the same "badge of shame" on his userpage that he loves to stick on others' will be quite delicious indeed.

Willbeheard
Retired
Wikipedia User: Arniep
Wikipedia Review Member: jorge

Unread post by Willbeheard » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:i've said my piece, I'm not a badger
Good, because if you were, and you intended to visit England next summer, my you'd be sorry.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... poned-2013

Volunteer Marek
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Volunteer Marek

Unread post by Volunteer Marek » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:45 pm

Mason wrote:Oh, and I see Balph Eubank (T-C-L) is using the occasion of your block to pimp his shitty essay.

When that tool gets indefinitely blocked (and I know of several admins who are itching to do just that), the karma of seeing the same "badge of shame" on his userpage that he loves to stick on others' will be quite delicious indeed.
That is a really obnoxious essay, someone should create a redirect from [[WP:ICANGRAVEDANCEIFIWANTTOICANLEAVEYOURFRIENDSBEHIND]] to it.

Mason
Habitué

Unread post by Mason » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:10 pm

Volunteer Marek wrote:That is a really obnoxious essay, someone should create a redirect from [[WP:ICANGRAVEDANCEIFIWANTTOICANLEAVEYOURFRIENDSBEHIND]] to it.
Well, I can't do it, as I obviously have a hat.

mac
Banned

Unread post by mac » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:55 pm

Mason wrote:Oh, and I see Balph Eubank (T-C-L) is using the occasion of your block to pimp his shitty essay.

How strange:
(revert, no gravedancing please)
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =496426897

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:08 pm

mac wrote:

How strange:
Nothing strange about it. He's been on Wikipedia since December 2009, he's even been Twinkle patrolling, and the dumb bastards have failed to figure
out his real name so far. And I'm told he has scores of other socks, all with different editing profiles, so banning this one won't matter.

Alison
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Alison
Wikipedia Review Member: Alison
Actual Name: Alison Cassidy

Unread post by Alison » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:30 pm

TungstenCarbide wrote:
Mason wrote:

It's not enough that Alison blocks me, right before the world's greatest pumpkin pie recipe makes google#1, but then she has to come by my talk page and gloat. I'm starting to think Brandt was right about the troll blood - either that or she has an unhealthy fascination with me. Anyway, children all over the world will be eating inferior pie on Thanksgiving, thanks to Alison.

Seriously. I only blocked your throwaway account in order to tweak Seren. Hence the conversation here, which brought it to my notice in the first place. Not everything is about you, y'know.

And the only reason I posted on your talk page was because I was asked to by Seren; "Though you should probably add a note on the talk page saying you enacted the block, so there's some notification for others" - you get the picture. If it hadn't been me, it would have been someone else who would have been only too happy to do the gloaty-gravedancing routine. Did I do that? No.

But yeah - I stil have troll blood. Guilty as charged :evilgrin:
-- Allie

Tarc
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Tarc

Unread post by Tarc » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:07 am

So it appears that YRC had the gall to actually say what we all know anyways, namely what "O" stands for in Prioryman's old account, and the ANI pitchforks are out in force.
"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door."

Michaeldsuarez
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Michaeldsuarez
Wikipedia Review Member: Michaeldsuarez

Unread post by Michaeldsuarez » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:43 am

Tarc wrote:So it appears that YRC had the gall to actually say what we all know anyways, namely what "O" stands for in Prioryman's old account, and the ANI pitchforks are out in force.
http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=20295#p20295

I still don't understand these people.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:47 am

Rob should have been on the offensive against Chris O. for him having borne false witness, trying to have him indeffed on WP for the Joe Job that was trolling Wikipediocracy... Instead, he obligingly stuck his head in the guillotine by edit-warring on his own talk page. Wacky.

I see that Keifer Wolfowitz has a picture of David Carradine as Kane from Kung Fu up on his talk page.

He gets it.

RfB

TungstenCarbide
Habitué

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:07 am

Alison wrote:Seriously. I only blocked your throwaway account in order to tweak Seren. Hence the conversation here, which brought it to my notice in the first place. Not everything is about you, y'know.

And the only reason I posted on your talk page was because I was asked to by Seren; "Though you should probably add a note on the talk page saying you enacted the block, so there's some notification for others" - you get the picture. If it hadn't been me, it would have been someone else who would have been only too happy to do the gloaty-gravedancing routine. Did I do that? No.
The rabbit hole goes pretty deep at Wikipedia. Having a constant presence there, even if I don't edit much, is necessary for understanding and criticism. Entertainment is a side benefit.
Alison wrote:But yeah - I stil have troll blood. Guilty as charged :evilgrin:
You crazy woman you. ;)

TungstenCarbide
Habitué

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:19 am

Mason wrote:Eh, if she hadn't blocked you, someone else would have. Your problem is that, on the Sock Obviousness Scale of 1 to 10, you stick with level 10 (full obviousness), which means the wily sock-hunter Silver Seren can ferret you out.
only the socks I want everyone to know about. :D
Mason wrote:If you stick with level 9 (90% obviousness) instead, like, say, ScottyBerg (T-C-L), Alison might still block you but Silver Seren would be completely shocked that it's not your first account, and might even start an ArbCom case in your defense.
I'm not sure why, but I get the urge to scratch SS behind the ear til his leg starts thumping. He certainly is an earnest little pup.

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:52 am

ChrisO's acquaintance from ARS, Tony Sidaway, has on several occasions referred to ChrisO as Chris Owen. Chris never complained about it then.

TungstenCarbide
Habitué

Unread post by TungstenCarbide » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:45 am

tarantino wrote:ChrisO's acquaintance from ARS, Tony Sidaway, has on several occasions referred to ChrisO as Chris Owen. Chris never complained about it then.
Prioryman is slippery as fuck, and he has no shame, much less honor. As JN466 pointed at ani, this is an opportunistic complaint; Prioryman knows full well that he's been identified on-wiki numerous times, by friends even. But when an 'enemy' repeats it he demands the ban hammer. I honestly don't know how that guy can stand himself.

Retrospect
Critic
Wikipedia Review Member: Retrospect

Unread post by Retrospect » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:04 am

mac wrote:How strange:
Didn't last bloody long!

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =496605431

So anyway, seems this ghastly editor blocked by ArbCom has a good friend called Alliecat. Anyone know her?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... liecat.jpg

dogbiscuit
Retired

Unread post by dogbiscuit » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:03 pm

Another fine example of Prioryman being out of control. He knows he can invoke the magic words outing and people will present a Pavlovian response to it. The other interesting thing is that once they have responded, and we saw this with the Fae ArbCom case, they will jump through hoops of logic to try and maintain the complaint in the face of clear evidence that they have been had.

Finally someone states the obvious:
His behaviour is really problematic currently. He is aggressive, especially over the Gibraltar stuff constantly battling anybody who offers a hint of criticism, driving people into submission.Secretlondon (talk) 11:01, 27 October 2012 (UTC)
And the response is... crickets.

Cedric
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Edeans
Wikipedia Review Member: Cedric
Actual Name: Eddie Singleton

Unread post by Cedric » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:04 pm

TungstenCarbide wrote:
tarantino wrote:ChrisO's acquaintance from ARS, Tony Sidaway, has on several occasions referred to ChrisO as Chris Owen. Chris never complained about it then.
Prioryman is slippery as fuck, and he has no shame, much less honor. As JN466 pointed at ani, this is an opportunistic complaint; Prioryman knows full well that he's been identified on-wiki numerous times, by friends even. But when an 'enemy' repeats it he demands the ban hammer. I honestly don't know how that guy can stand himself.
Being a thoroughgoing narcissist probably explains it. To the narcissist things like logic, reason, fair-dealing or even consistency are for "the little people." Wikipedia attracts these types like porch lights attract moths.

HRIP7
Denizen
Wikipedia User: Jayen466
Wikipedia Review Member: HRIP7
Actual Name: Andreas Kolbe

Unread post by HRIP7 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:49 pm

TungstenCarbide wrote:
Not just that, he himself has acknowledged authorship of his online writings. Arbcom acknowledged it in a proposed finding of fact, where they pointed out he restored references to his own work, with links to that work giving his full name. He himself offered arbcom a diff containing his name in this ARBSCI section:
My first edit to it was in September 2006, specifically to remove my own work as a non-reliable source.[67]

So by ANI logic, you have to ban all the arbitrators, class of 2009, and Prioryman himself for outing. The place is a madhouse.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:17 pm

HRIP7 wrote:
So by ANI logic, you have to ban all the arbitrators, class of 2009, and Prioryman himself for outing. The place is a madhouse.
As you realize, there is no "logic" to AN/I, there is emotion.

As for Chris, even though he feels himself invincible and triumphant, the clock is ticking. Sort of like the late, unlamented OffToRioRob, he is steadily pissing people off and proving himself disruptive. The potential transgressions leading to sanctions are many and he's leading with his chin taking a "my life is my own business" approach towards inquiries as to potential undeclared COI.

I'd also advise you yourself to throttle it back a little. Say your piece and get out of the way.

RfB

isaan
Contributor

Unread post by isaan » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:23 pm

How fitting that official (or at least semi-official) action was taken by Jdforrester (T-C-L) and Ironholds (T-C-L), both of whom have managed to have some donations end up in their greasy palms.

Forrester's user page says this.
Chapter (m:Wikimedia UK)
I served as the Secretary and one of the Board for over a year until a conflict of interest forced me off. I'm a member of Wikimedia NL.
Hmm.

Notvelty
Retired

Unread post by Notvelty » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:18 am

Randy from Boise wrote:
HRIP7 wrote:
As you realize, there is no "logic" to AN/I, there is emotion.
Rubbish. It's quite logical. They are a bunch of children playing castles in the sand pit. Anyone who is "cool" can do what they like and anyone who is not part of the in-crowd, or dares to say anything against the in-crowd, is pushed into the bit with the cat poo.

Attatching "emotion" to this is giving entirely too much credit.
Randy from Boise wrote:
I'd also advise you yourself to throttle it back a little. Say your piece and get out of the way.
This sort of thing is beneath contempt. In your defence, at least you, unlike Errant, accept that someone can say something against the status quo in the first place, but it doesn't resolve you of the offence of trying to silence the whistleblower.
-----------
Notvelty

The Adversary
Habitué

Unread post by The Adversary » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:36 am

Silent Editor wrote:
dogbiscuit wrote:

Or he might just love the dramah.
The cheapest easyjet flight London-Gib is about 25-35 pounds; nothing really to sell your soul for. So what if he pays himself...but refuse to tell, and thereby getting everyone to believe he was paid? What if he wants to lead people down the wrong path, hoping that they in the end, will look silly?

His history with Gib goes back some time; he was involved with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... braltarian

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:43 am

Notvelty wrote:
Randy from Boise wrote:
This sort of thing is beneath contempt. In your defence, at least you, unlike Errant, accept that someone can say something against the status quo in the first place, but it doesn't resolve you of the offence of trying to silence the whistleblower.
Nobody is trying to silence anyone; just a little friendly commentary from a close observer. It's easy for one to get overwrought on contentious issues like this and to thereby alienate the people one is trying to win over...

RfB

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:22 am

Here's a fun drinking game:
How many Poetlister socks can you spot in this thread? :evilgrin:

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:44 am

EricBarbour wrote:Here's a fun drinking game:
How many Poetlister socks can you spot in this thread? :evilgrin:
Well, let's be generous... Mike and Mike have been useful contributors to the forum. They have also been careful in their use of different IP addresses.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

EricBarbour

Unread post by EricBarbour » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Zoloft wrote:Mike and Mike have been useful contributors to the forum. They have also been careful in their use of different IP addresses.
I've seen Mike (and Mike) talk to Mike on here as if they were different people. He used to do that on WR too. As if he was "rubbing it in". Or maybe there really are multiple personalities involved. Until someone throws a net over him and drags him away, the true story of PL will remain undocumented. (Funny, Mr. Owen is one of the very few WP insiders who has not had "issues" with PL, as far as I can find. Both too busy fixating on their obsessions, which simply don't overlap.)

Moving the sporty talk to Off-topic, guys. sorry.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:24 pm

EricBarbour wrote:
Zoloft wrote:Mike and Mike have been useful contributors to the forum. They have also been careful in their use of different IP addresses.
I've seen Mike (and Mike) talk to Mike on here as if they were different people. He used to do that on WR too. As if he was "rubbing it in". Or maybe there really are multiple personalities involved. Until someone throws a net over him and drags him away, the true story of PL will remain undocumented. (Funny, Mr. Owen is one of the very few WP insiders who has not had "issues" with PL, as far as I can find. Both too busy fixating on their obsessions, which simply don't overlap.)

Moving the sporty talk to Off-topic, guys. sorry.
They say ventriloquists are prone to split personality disorders...

RfB