Discussions on Wikimedia governance
Emblyn
Contributor
kołdry
Actual Name: Emblyn

DeltaQuad running for bureaucratship

Unread post by Emblyn » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:41 am

DeltaQuad (T-C-L)
Wikipedia:Requests for bureaucratship/DeltaQuad (T-H-L)
I've been an admin since May 2011, making me about 8 years into moping up the messes. I recently left the Arbitration Committee after 4 years of service, and have now joined the Ombudsman Commission. I'm not as old as some admins, but not new to the job either. In that time, I have explored multiple areas on Wikipedia, and held multiple positions. (my resume) Each year, I learn more and more, and the day I stop learning, is the day I need to leave Wikipedia. Ever since I've started, my role has been more a backend role. 'Crats mission is to fill that backend role. The role requires a fair amount of experience and neutrality. My work closing RfCs, XfDs and other relevant forums highlights the most of my experience. As far as my neutrality goes, if I have a predisposed opinion, I don't express it on Wikipedia, and remove myself from the discussion. These two things put together are my strong suits. As you will see below, I'm always willing to listen, observe and discuss issues that arise. Whether it's as horrible as child protection, or as simple as helping an admin figure out if they should delete a page, I'm here for both discussions. -- Amanda (aka DQ)

SixOClock
Contributor

Re: DeltaQuad running for bureaucratship

Unread post by SixOClock » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:57 am

Oh, new account eh Dysklyver?

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:04 am

Emblyn is a partner of Dysklyver.

DeltaQuad is also a newly appointed member of the wmf's ombudsman commission.

Tommy
Contributor

Unread post by Tommy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:02 am

What's the correct vote here? On whose side is she?

Parabola
Regular

Unread post by Parabola » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:03 am

Tommy wrote:What's the correct vote here? On whose side is she?
You shouldn't ask for help with your homework on the internet, generally.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:46 am

Parabola wrote:
You shouldn't ask for help with your homework on the internet, generally.
Well... Tommy's new here, so perhaps he hasn't realized yet that on Wikipedia, the only way to win is to not play the game at all.

Alex Shih
Regular
Wikipedia User: Alex Shih
Actual Name: Alex Shih

Unread post by Alex Shih » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:12 pm

Interesting. DQ is prone to stress but goes out looking for them, although there aren't many of that for crats so she will do just fine. My impression of DQ is that she is too much into hat collection (just look at her user page for crying out loud) and isn't really well versed on policies involving content creation. On the other hand, she is one of the very few people that are willing to confront those who are misusing the mailing list, and also one of the few people that are capable of tackling right into the heart of difficult issues instead of dancing around them. So for those who are critical of internal functions of Wikipedia, I think she can be a good ally; not sure if she makes a good crat though? Not boring enough, I think. There's bound to be a few more opposes racked up in the coming days when some folks begin to dig up examples of "temperament".

C&B
Habitué

Unread post by C&B » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:15 pm

tarantino wrote:Emblyn is a partner of Dysklyver.
...how many's he got?! :evilgrin:
"Someone requests clarification and before you know it you find yourself in the Star Chamber."

Poetlister
Genius
Nom de plume: Poetlister

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:58 pm

I've been an admin since May 2011, making me about 8 years into moping up the messes.
I wouldn't normally make a fuss about a typo, but bureaucrats should never be allowed to make mistakes.
"The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly" - Nietzsche

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:59 pm

C&B wrote:
I think she's supposed to be his sister. But a lawyer in a large firm can have 100 or more partners.

C&B
Habitué

Unread post by C&B » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:16 pm

Doesn't the ED suggest that they're actually male?

Mind you, it's run by nutters, so who knows.
"Someone requests clarification and before you know it you find yourself in the Star Chamber."

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever
Wikipedia User: Carrite
Wikipedia Review Member: Timbo
Actual Name: Tim Davenport
Nom de plume: T. Chandler

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:33 pm

Poetlister wrote:
C&B wrote:
I think she's supposed to be his sister. But a lawyer in a large firm can have 100 or more partners.
Swingers, on the other hand...

RfB

C&B
Habitué

Unread post by C&B » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:54 pm

Randy from Boise wrote:Swingers, on the other hand... RfB
:D
Alex Shih wrote:There's bound to be a few more opposes racked up in the coming days when some folks begin to dig up examples of "temperament".
H'mm; at (132/1/1) that might take some doing...

Ansh666
Critic
Wikipedia User: Ansh666

Unread post by Ansh666 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:46 pm

I don't think that people view "temperament" as as big a deal for crats as for admins. Besides, Lourdes' oppose is so dumb that it may be putting others off from opposing... :facepalm:

And from what precious little I've seen of ED, at least some of its contributors subscribe to the "there aren't any women on the internet, so anyone claiming to be one must be lying" theory.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:25 pm

Bureeaucrats, when acting in that capacity, are supposed to stick exactly to the written and unwritten rules. A bureaucrat rocking the boat is almost a contradiction in terms. So yes, let's elect her.

Beeblebrox
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Just Step Sideways

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:41 pm

There's precious little work for 'crats to even do anymore, but DQ is a perfect candidate and we have lost a few in the last year, (not that Andrevan was a big loss) so yeah, obvious support.

Lourdes is one of the most disappointing admins ever. Her oppose shows how little she knows about actually being an admin.
information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom

Alex Shih
Regular

Unread post by Alex Shih » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:00 am

C&B wrote:
:D
Alex Shih wrote:There's bound to be a few more opposes racked up in the coming days when some folks begin to dig up examples of "temperament".
H'mm; at (132/1/1) that might take some doing...
Well I guess she is boring enough. I wonder if she is now going to monopolise all the arbcom desysopping motions as part of their return to clerk work. That might stir up something, we'll see.

Dysklyver
Cornishman
Actual Name: Arthur Kerensa
Nom de plume: Dysk

Unread post by Dysklyver » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:03 pm

The left-liberals i'm afraid, not going to help fixing any Wikipedia bias anytime soon.
SixOClock wrote:Oh, new account eh Dysklyver?
Of course, my monopoly on posting RfA threads must be maintained. :irony:
C&B wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, I do exist in real life. :blink:
C&B wrote:Doesn't the ED suggest that they're actually male?
Sadly, that information on ED is inaccurate. I asked on Discord and supposedly it's kept because of "teh lulz".
You should take your brain back to the store for a refund. :hmmm:
Poetlister wrote:Bureeaucrats, when acting in that capacity, are supposed to stick exactly to the written and unwritten rules. A bureaucrat rocking the boat is almost a contradiction in terms. So yes, let's elect her.
I completely agree.
Beeblebrox wrote:Lourdes is one of the most disappointing admins ever. Her oppose shows how little she knows about actually being an admin.
Globally banned after 7 years.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:53 pm

Dysklyver wrote:Sadly, that information on ED is inaccurate.
That's incredible. An inaccuracy on ED? Unprecedented! :blink:

MysteriousStranger
Critic
Wikipedia User: Muhahaha...I'll never tell!

Unread post by MysteriousStranger » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Ansh666 wrote:I don't think that people view "temperament" as as big a deal for crats as for admins. Besides, Lourdes' oppose is so dumb that it may be putting others off from opposing... :facepalm:

And from what precious little I've seen of ED, at least some of its contributors subscribe to the "there aren't any women on the internet, so anyone claiming to be one must be lying" theory.
I'm like 99% sure DQ is transgender and early drafts of her page use male pronouns. Maybe that was just what ED said.

Boing! said Zebedee
Gregarious
Wikipedia User: Boing! said Zebedee

Unread post by Boing! said Zebedee » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:46 pm

MysteriousStranger wrote:I'm like 99% sure DQ is transgender and early drafts of her page use male pronouns. Maybe that was just what ED said.
All you have to do is click the "Female" link in the "Disclosures" on her user page.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:57 pm

Clicking on links is hard for some people...

Meanwhile, presumably "DeltaQuad" is a Star Trek reference (to the "Delta Quadrant (T-H-L)," where all the bad aliens apparently come from), but I personally don't subscribe to the theory that all Trekkies are transgender people. So hey man, don't get on my case, that's just me, I'm not saying it's totally impossible, but there are a lot of Trekkies and if they were all TG then I don't see how the medical establishment could have managed it. Also, User:DeltaQuad (T-C-L) used to be User:MWOAP (T-C-L), who apparently tried to do an RfA after only three months of WP activity and was shot down for inexperience. The abbreviation "MWOAP" has no non-WP Google footprint except for a high-end catering business in California called "My World On A Plate," which in turn is an oblique reference to "Everything's Coming Up Roses (T-H-L)," made popular by Ethel Merman (T-H-L). So yeah, that's not exactly definitive either, but it does suggest... something. I mean, sure, trans-haters will try to tell you it's an abbreviation for "Man Without A Penis," but what kind of nutcase would use that as a WP username? Other than, I dunno, roughly half the people who are actual WP users?

Anyway, that's my selmahyzerman impersonation for the week, folks - only with links!

Kumioko
Muted
Wikipedia User: Kumioko; Reguyla
Nom de plume: Persona non grata

Unread post by Kumioko » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:00 pm

In order to help save the trouble of the mods needlessly cutting and pasting all my comments into oblivion and making discussions confusing, I have been replying in the It's always about kumioko thread.

I just replied to this thread there as well. Cheers!

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:35 pm

Her user page says she's currently experiencing health problems. Maybe it's not a good time for an RfB.

Parabola
Regular

Unread post by Parabola » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:34 pm

bureaucrats, famously busy

MysteriousStranger
Critic
Wikipedia User: Muhahaha...I'll never tell!

Unread post by MysteriousStranger » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:45 am

My only problem with DQ is that I believe she goes on fishing expeditions using CU, but quite a few of them do that. Like Fae, she is LGBTQ and has mental health issues. Unlike Fae, she does not take said issues out on Wikipedia editors that I've seen. So...I believe she will do okay as a bureaucrat.

Ansh666
Critic

Unread post by Ansh666 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:33 am

Lourdes is now complaining on ANI about this nonsense...

Parabola
Regular

Unread post by Parabola » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:21 am

Maybe lourdes and twc can take each other out simultaneously and spare everyone else having to deal with them

Midsize Jake
Site Admin

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:53 am

Say what you want about User:Lourdes (T-C-L) - the fact is, she's absolutely right to call out User:Thewolfchild (T-C-L) for this kind of abusive hassling of "Oppose" voters, along with anyone else who does it. If the Wikipedia admin corps had any sense, they'd ban people like this without discussion.

The only mistake Ms. Lourdes has made here is including the words "I might be the one completely wrong in assessing the issue" in what she posted. Sure, she could've worded it more precisely by leaving out the words "the one," but it doesn't matter - she's not wrong at all.

Kumioko
Muted
Wikipedia User: Kumioko; Reguyla
Nom de plume: Persona non grata

Unread post by Kumioko » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:25 pm

Midsize Jake wrote:Say what you want about User:Lourdes (T-C-L) - the fact is, she's absolutely right to call out User:Thewolfchild (T-C-L) for this kind of abusive hassling of "Oppose" voters, along with anyone else who does it. If the Wikipedia admin corps had any sense, they'd ban people like this without discussion.

The only mistake Ms. Lourdes has made here is including the words "I might be the one completely wrong in assessing the issue" in what she posted. Sure, she could've worded it more precisely by leaving out the words "the one," but it doesn't matter - she's not wrong at all.
Thewolfchild is an asshat and is the perfect candidate for adminship. They believe they are always right, they have no respect for others, do whatever they want with near impunity and are largely of no use whatsoever to improving Wikipedia. In the military we used the term, "promote ahead of peers".

Ansh666
Critic

Unread post by Ansh666 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:48 pm

Midsize Jake wrote:Say what you want about User:Lourdes (T-C-L) - the fact is, she's absolutely right to call out User:Thewolfchild (T-C-L) for this kind of abusive hassling of "Oppose" voters, along with anyone else who does it. If the Wikipedia admin corps had any sense, they'd ban people like this without discussion.
Sure, but the best way to avoid such nonsense is to not make dumbass opposes in the first place.

Either way, if we could just ban anyone that could be considered abusive without discussion, there'd be almost nobody left...which, frankly, at this point I'm sure a lot of people would be pretty happy about.

Alex Shih
Regular

Unread post by Alex Shih » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:31 pm

Ansh666 wrote:
Sure, but the best way to avoid such nonsense is to not make dumbass opposes in the first place.

Either way, if we could just ban anyone that could be considered abusive without discussion, there'd be almost nobody left...which, frankly, at this point I'm sure a lot of people would be pretty happy about.
Well twc was going to make dumbass badgerings regardless of Lourdes' dumbass oppose existed or not. It's really difficult to differentiate between these two; in Chinese we'd call it "dog bite dog".

Jim
Blue Meanie
Wikipedia User: Begoon
Wikipedia Review Member: Jim

Unread post by Jim » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Alex Shih wrote:Well twc was going to make dumbass badgerings regardless of Lourdes' dumbass oppose existed or not. It's really difficult to differentiate between these two; in Chinese we'd call it "dog bite dog".
I have to disagree, Alex. Lourdes is ok - unconventional but ok - twc is an offensive dickhead.
Granted he's been carried away by this bizarre notion that an otherwise "pristine" Rfx must not be "spoiled" or "sullied" by any 0.5% oppose vote, and that anyone casting such a vote must be pilloried.
The proponents of that ludicrous way of thinking ought to consider that this is where that leads.. But still he's an offensive dickhead.

C&B
Habitué

Unread post by C&B » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Dysklyver wrote:
Sadly, that information on ED is inaccurate. I asked on Discord and supposedly it's kept because of "teh lulz".
It's hard to imagine it's not defamatory then. But then, I guess internet handles are like the dead.

Dysklyver
Cornishman

Unread post by Dysklyver » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:55 pm

C&B wrote:
Dysklyver wrote:
It's hard to imagine it's not defamatory then. But then, I guess internet handles are like the dead.
The former owner of ED still owes over 100k USD in unpaid defamation lawsuits.

C&B
Habitué

Unread post by C&B » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:31 pm

!!! I wonder how the hypertension's doing :D

Dysklyver
Cornishman

Unread post by Dysklyver » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:43 am

C&B wrote:!!! I wonder how the hypertension's doing :D
Well he spent most the last year in prison rather than wacked out on meth, so I dunno, he could be good. :blink:

Alex Shih
Regular

Unread post by Alex Shih » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:36 pm

Jim wrote:
Alex Shih wrote:Well twc was going to make dumbass badgerings regardless of Lourdes' dumbass oppose existed or not. It's really difficult to differentiate between these two; in Chinese we'd call it "dog bite dog".
I have to disagree, Alex. Lourdes is ok - unconventional but ok - twc is an offensive dickhead.
Granted he's been carried away by this bizarre notion that an otherwise "pristine" Rfx must not be "spoiled" or "sullied" by any 0.5% oppose vote, and that anyone casting such a vote must be pilloried.
The proponents of that ludicrous way of thinking ought to consider that this is where that leads.. But still he's an offensive dickhead.
You are right. I guess I was just angrily referring to that in the context of this mess only.

el84
Gregarious
Actual Name: Andy E

Unread post by el84 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:33 pm

C&B
Habitué

Unread post by C&B » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:56 pm

C&B wrote:
C&B wrote:And So Odd, as they have been Trolled of lately, But not half as much as PMC!
Whereas all the Bits can be returned on Request, I think Beaurocrat no? A new election run would be needed?
Govindaharihari (T-C-L) asks, Is It Under A cloud?

Ched (T-C-L) is expecting an Arb Noticeboard notice :)
Last edited by Zoloft on Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: consolidated triple post

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:24 pm

DQ has put up the RETIRED banner and made a note that they are taking a "Leave of Absence."

The only heated thing I can find on her user page is a set of complaints about closing the Greenman (T-C-L) RFA as failed at 61% rather than sending it to a Crat Chat for decision as was done for RexxS (T-C-L).

RfB

Giraffe Stapler
Habitué

Unread post by Giraffe Stapler » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:35 pm

See this discussion. DeltaQuad is resigning under a small cloud.

Poetlister
Genius

Unread post by Poetlister » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:35 pm

C&B wrote:
C&B wrote:And So Odd, as they have been Trolled of lately, But not half as much as PMC!
Whereas all the Bits can be returned on Request, I think Beaurocrat no? A new election run would be needed?
I don't think that the bureaucrat bit is any different from others. If the resignation is not under a cloud (although it may be in this case), it can be restored on request just like anything else.

Randy from Boise
Been Around Forever

Unread post by Randy from Boise » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:48 pm

Giraffe Stapler wrote:See this discussion. DeltaQuad is resigning under a small cloud.
I don't think there is a cloud, based on what I've seen so far. There are no impending sanctions.

RfB

Vigilant
Sonny, I've got a whole theme park full of red delights for you.
Wikipedia User: Vigilant
Wikipedia Review Member: Vigilant

Unread post by Vigilant » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:25 pm

Good.

Another of the insane old guard down.
Hello, John. John, hello. You're the one soul I would come up here to collect myself.

Moral Hazard
Super Genius
Wikipedia User: Kiefer.Wolfowitz
Nom de plume: Kiefer Wolfowitz

Unread post by Moral Hazard » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:39 pm

I verified the quadrants.

With the transfinite trickery "to infinity and beyond", Buzz Lightyear is from Gamma Quadrant.

Amanda is from DeltaQuad.
Kiefer.Wolfowitz (T-C-L)
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”
Neal Stephenson (T-H-L) Cryptonomicon

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:59 pm

Moral Hazard wrote:I verified the quadrants.
With the transfinite trickery "to infinity and beyond", Buzz Lightyear is from Gamma Quadrant.
The mystical monk revealed to us the truth beyond the visible realm...
Randy from Boise wrote:
Giraffe Stapler wrote:See this discussion. DeltaQuad is resigning under a small cloud.
I don't think there is a cloud, based on what I've seen so far. There are no impending sanctions.
RfB
The sky was cloudy that day, for sure. The question is how dark those clouds were...
Sanctions don't fall out of cumulus humilis, but rather after years of heavy monsoons :evilgrin:, so sanctions are not a good indication of the weather.

The facts:
DQ oversighted edit(s) on Jbh's talk page. The edit(s) are not listed with strikethrough, which would be revdel.
And replaced with a redacted version.

What was redacted?

Jbhunley
Critic
Wikipedia User: Jbhunley

Unread post by Jbhunley » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:04 am

Osborne wrote:
Moral Hazard wrote:I verified the quadrants.
The mystical monk revealed to us the truth beyond the visible realm...
Randy from Boise wrote:
RfB
The sky was cloudy that day, for sure. The question is how dark those clouds were...
Sanctions don't fall out of cumulus humilis, but rather after years of heavy monsoons :evilgrin:, so sanctions are not a good indication of the weather.

The facts:
DQ oversighted edit(s) on Jbh's talk page. The edit(s) are not listed with strikethrough, which would be revdel.
And replaced with a redacted version.

What was redacted?
You can read the whole story on my talk page. DQ copied the thread from Richie's talk page to mine. The opening statement contains the redacted material in its entirety with appropriate portions struck, by me. My closing comment in that thread is a good summary of what happened, to save the time of reading the whole thing. Ultimately the whole situation was as much my screw-up as hers.

Sure DQ messed up but she did not double-down or make excuses afterwards. She fixed it, apologized and reported herself to the ArbCom Audit Committee (where I said I considered the matter closed). We need more admins like that on WP.

--
Jbh
When I use a word, Humpty Dumpty said, it means just what I choose it to mean, neither more nor less.—The question is, said Alice, whether you can make words mean so many different things—The question is, said Humpty, which is to be master—that's all.

Osborne
Habitué

Unread post by Osborne » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:22 am

Jbhunley wrote:DQ copied the thread from Richie's talk page to mine.
I've made a false conclusion, then.
Jbhunley wrote:... She fixed it, apologized and reported herself to the ArbCom Audit Committee (where I said I considered the matter closed). We need more admins like that on WP.
:like:
Well handled. Thanks for the the summary.

Beeblebrox
Habitué
Wikipedia User: Just Step Sideways

Unread post by Beeblebrox » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:20 am

Just a minor point, the audit subcommittee was disbanded in 2016. Matters like this are now handled by the full committee. AUSC did so little it was decided it was unnecessary.
information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom