Possible AI chatbot explains ideal Mission Statement parameters

Why we're here. Our rules. How to contact us. Forum information.
joelkrause28
kołdry
Actual Name: Joel Krause

Possible AI chatbot explains ideal Mission Statement parameters

Unread post by joelkrause28 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:43 am

Moderator's Note: The original title of this thread/post was simply "Mission Statement, Terms of Service, and Welcome," so it was changed to reduce potential reader confusion. Eventually it will be removed from the Mission Statement, Terms of Service, and Welcome forum altogether, but in the meantime, we felt it might be helpful for all of us to be reminded about the rules and parameters for how good Mission Statements, Terms of Service pages, and Welcome messages are written.

A well-crafted mission statement defines a company's purpose and goals, guiding its actions and inspiring stakeholders. Terms of service outline user responsibilities and platform rules, fostering a safe environment. A warm welcome message sets the tone for positive user experiences, promoting inclusivity and community engagement.

ScotFinnRadish
Regular
Wikipedia User: ScottishFinnishRadish
Actual Name: Stephen Root Vegetable

Re: Mission Statement, Terms of Service, and Welcome

Unread post by ScotFinnRadish » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:28 pm

:idontgetit:

owl be it
Regular
Actual Name: 12345
Nom de plume: 4

Unread post by owl be it » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:00 pm

A reply is something said, written, or done in answer or response to a question or statement. Replies can provide information, instruction, or opinion.
The artist formerly known as Yeet Bae...

tarantino
Habitué

Unread post by tarantino » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:28 pm

It's probably a bot using chatgpt. " well-crafted mission statement defines a company's purpose" is from linkedin's "How to Create a Brand Vision and Mission Statement.

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:01 pm

We've been getting an unusual number of new registrants lately, to the point where I've begun to suspect that some are AI constructs. But posting something like that to the first available forum (this one), using the forum's title as the thread title... that's more like 2003-era chatbot programming, not 2023-era chatbot programming. :hrmph:

So I'm torn between just deleting this account now or waiting to see if it does something else, just as a "let's see what happens" (and hopefully we'll learn something) kinda thing. But I'm probably being naïve.

eppur si muove
Habitué

Re: Possible AI chatbot explains ideal Mission Statement parameters

Unread post by eppur si muove » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:26 pm

I don't know that much about so-called AIs but is it possible to identify some content of the private threads here that is not discussed elsewhere and to ask AIs questions to do with that?

Midsize Jake
Site Admin
Wikipedia Review Member: Somey

Unread post by Midsize Jake » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:35 am

eppur si muove wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:26 pm
I don't know that much about so-called AIs but is it possible to identify some content of the private threads here that is not discussed elsewhere and to ask AIs questions to do with that?
I suppose so, with the usual caveat that such a thing could be done by a human too, just not as efficiently.

I took a quick look at the server logs just now though, and there's no evidence of scraper-like activity during the past 24 hours from this particular member account or IP address, or from any IP address really. But I wouldn't expect any, either — to some extent we rely on our relative obscurity and/or outward appearance of harmless nerdiness to avoid that sort of thing, but there's also the fact that if someone had wanted to scrape our non-public forums (for some weird reason), they wouldn't have aroused our suspicion by starting this thread — unless they're doing some sort of double-bind thought experiment thingy, which obviously won't work so good with this crowd.

If there's a lesson to be learned here, it's probably that you can never have enough double-bind thinking.

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:48 am

I'm wondering whether this is some stray chatbot (or person who would definitely fail the Turing test) who thinks this is Wikipedia and was trying to make an article.
"ἄνθρωπον ζητῶ" (Diogenes of Sinope)

joelkrause28
Actual Name: Joel Krause

Unread post by joelkrause28 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:03 am

Craft an ideal Mission Statement by succinctly defining your purpose, values, and goals. Be clear, inspiring, and customer-centric, emphasizing how your brand adds value. Ensure brevity, fostering a memorable message. Regularly reassess to align with evolving objectives. A compelling Mission Statement guides your journey and resonates with your audience.

Zoloft
Trustee
Wikipedia User: Stanistani
Wikipedia Review Member: Zoloft
Actual Name: William Burns
Nom de plume: William Burns

Unread post by Zoloft » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:30 am

Well this bot has a well-written first post, fills in the profile, adds a profile icon.

Some members don't even have an icon.

My avatar is sometimes indicative of my mood:
  • Actual mug ◄
  • Uncle Cornpone
  • Zoloft bouncy pill-thing

rnu
Habitué

Unread post by rnu » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:18 pm

Zoloft wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:30 am
Well this bot has a well-written first post, fills in the profile, adds a profile icon.

Some members don't even have an icon.
It may fail the Turing test, but it passes the lesser known Zoloft test.
"ἄνθρωπον ζητῶ" (Diogenes of Sinope)

iii
Habitué
Wikipedia User: ජපස
Wikipedia Review Member: iii

Unread post by iii » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:57 am